140mm fork on 2015 Fuel ex 9

PB Forum :: Trek
140mm fork on 2015 Fuel ex 9
Posted: Jun 18, 2015 at 13:46 Quote
I have the debonair as well. I've had the 140 for a little while now and it has been great. Your right thou, wouldn't go any longer on the fuel ex.

Posted: Jul 6, 2015 at 10:33 Quote
So, we're saying that a 140mm fork for a 120mm framed Fuel would not cause too much difference when climbing and unless doing massive jumps/drops would be fine? (I get my Fox 34's, 140mm tomorrow)

Posted: Jul 6, 2015 at 10:55 Quote
Yep, you should enjoy that 140mm. I know I do!

Posted: Jul 7, 2015 at 18:49 Quote
sylennox wrote:
So, we're saying that a 140mm fork for a 120mm framed Fuel would not cause too much difference when climbing and unless doing massive jumps/drops would be fine? (I get my Fox 34's, 140mm tomorrow)

and perhaps you can go 150 on a 130 fuel xP i've never ridden it with the 130 fork, but it climbs very nice with the 150mm fork D:

Posted: Jul 13, 2015 at 23:24 Quote
JCKonen wrote:
Yep, you should enjoy that 140mm. I know I do!

Thanks for the reassurance, i've ridden them a few times now and gotta say I love it, I measured everything before and after and there isn't a great deal of difference but it does ride sweet

Posted: Aug 23, 2015 at 2:27 Quote
Can you put a 140mm fox RP2 on the rear as well as the 140mm on the front? Would that balance it out a little? I recently broke the chain stays on my Gary Fisher Roscoe and want to put the fork and rear shock on a Fuel. All the bike stores say rear shocks are very bike specific, even the mounts. I don't want to sell the rear shock just to buy another one, especially since it just got serviced for the price it would sell for!

Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 12:41 Quote
christferfer wrote:
Can you put a 140mm fox RP2 on the rear as well as the 140mm on the front? Would that balance it out a little? I recently broke the chain stays on my Gary Fisher Roscoe and want to put the fork and rear shock on a Fuel. All the bike stores say rear shocks are very bike specific, even the mounts. I don't want to sell the rear shock just to buy another one, especially since it just got serviced for the price it would sell for!

The top mount is very specific on a fuel ex. Not sure if the RP2 would work. The upper mount on the Fuel ex is very wide and specific.

Posted: May 20, 2016 at 5:24 Quote
Nice thread. I currently own a fuel ex5, and looking to upgrade from the RS Recon RL. Any recommendations? Was looking into the RS Sektor Gold?

Posted: May 21, 2016 at 6:56 Quote
Its all in what your looking for in a front fork. As long as it has a tapered steerer you should be good to install on your bike.

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 23:36 Quote
JCKonen wrote:
That EX is mine. I love the 140 on the front, LOVE IT! But, I also put a Debonair Monarch on the back and an offset bushing on the lower mount of the monarch to keep the center of gravity down. The bike rides awesome, like a new bike. I too wish I got the remedy but I got a smoken deal on this bike and just upgraded the shit out of it instead. Let me know if you have any questions.

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 23:37 Quote
Hello , what rear shock do you have on your fuel ex??

Posted: Jun 12, 2016 at 21:33 Quote
Dcb18c5 wrote:
Nice thread. I currently own a fuel ex5, and looking to upgrade from the RS Recon RL. Any recommendations? Was looking into the RS Sektor Gold?

perhaps you can get a pike or a revelation, i've seen a few fuels on vital mtb reviews with those forks! mine has a 150mm fox ctd drcv, not bad

Posted: Jul 27, 2016 at 18:34 Quote
It's been some time since I built that bike and I no longer have it but if I remember right I only changed the lower bushing to an offset type to keep the BB low. I mainly dos that because I changed the front shock to a 140mm.

Posted: Oct 6, 2016 at 1:20 Quote
Yes I got a 140mm fork on mine and was tweaked by mojo so it matched the frame geometry. I am going to fit an off set bushing to the lower mount and change the rear tyre back to a 2.25 as a 2.35 is too wide.
I will post pics when Ive fitted some of my trick parts one thing I want to do is go 11 speed.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021236
Mobile Version of Website