Help! my carbon bike make noise

PB Forum :: Specialized
Help! my carbon bike make noise
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 31, 2015 at 20:48 Quote
Hello i have one Stumpjumper comp carbon 2012. Is an amazing bike but doesn't stop to make strange noises like the Bike will going to break. It makes me crazy. Some people say is normal in carbon but i feel insafe with this situation

Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 9:28 Quote
What do the noises sound like? Creaks? Cracks? Knocking? Squeaking? Where on the frame is it coming from? Depending on the sound it could be one of many things, and equally, noise from several components can appear to be coming from the frame, so location matters too.

Regardless, the safest thing to do is to take it to a Spesh dealer and get them to look at it properly.

Posted: Apr 7, 2015 at 2:52 Quote
Could just be frame bearings rubbing, try removing regreasing or replacing.

Other than that carbon bikes do make noises lol

Posted: Apr 22, 2015 at 12:01 Quote
Probably a bit late now, but check all the bolts, like every single one. Sounds stupid but I bet that's the problem - I've got a carbon enduro and I've had lots of cracking, creaking etc noises from it. Every time it was the headset, the derailleur bolt, the rear shock bolt, the seat clamp or something similar. Every time, I tighten them up and the noise stops.

Additionally, carbon bikes do not creak or make cracking noises under normal use, regardless or what anyone else says. If the carbon genuinely is creaking or cracking, then it is breaking - frames are over engineered so it'll be fine up to a point but if it is genuinely coming from the carbon it is dangerous to use, and a warranty issue.

Hope you got it sorted.

Posted: May 1, 2015 at 4:07 Quote
Some of the time it is as simple as the seat post collar being off line and in contact with carbon with no carbon past. If you have a allan key style clamp you must line up the split on the collar with the split on the frame. After that make sure that you torque it properly. And if you still have the creak have fun finding it.

Posted: May 10, 2015 at 19:27 Quote
redtazz wrote:
Some of the time it is as simple as the seat post collar being off line and in contact with carbon with no carbon past. If you have a allan key style clamp you must line up the split on the collar with the split on the frame. After that make sure that you torque it properly. And if you still have the creak have fun finding it.

First hand, x 3 different bikes, it was the seatpost collar as noted by redtazz. Heck, he troubleshot (is that a word) the first time, and it was the same issue on next 2 bikes.

Posted: May 10, 2015 at 20:03 Quote
Thanks for the answers. I appreciate a lot your help

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015649
Mobile Version of Website