Meta V4 Owners Club

PB Forum :: Commencal
Meta V4 Owners Club
O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2016 at 14:11 Quote
Ploutre wrote:
r0bb wrote:
Hi there, interesting post with the cane creek shock!!

Just a quick question:

I Bought a new meta am v4 frame without a rear axle. Now I really want to build this thing as fast as possible to go outside to shred trails! The mild winter shouts for some winter riding!

I thought the X12 Syntace axle would fit, as i do not need a quick release lever. Now I see it doesnt fit through the hole where the rear derailleur hanger sits, it is too thick (drilling has the same diameter as the rest of the axle.

So is there any other axle I can use (possibly without quick release lever) other than the expensive & recommended Rockshox Maxle Ultimate??
I really do not want to spend more than 50€ on a stupid rear axle, now I am very confused as I thought 12x142 axles were standardized!

Thanks r0b

I'm using the one from Novyparts, but it's 59€ ...
http://www.novyparts.com/produits-novyparts-suspensions-vtt/axe-de-roue/axe-roues-novyparts-vtt.html

And no, 142x12 is standardized from the hub point of view, but the axles definitely aren't (on the Novyparts page I can see 5 different axles for 142x12, and there could be more! Big Grin )

So i did some research andI found some that should work for cheap from KCNC for 23,50€

Commencal uses the Rockshox (Sram) Maxle Standard.
There is the shimano standard called E-Thru
And there is the Syntace (Liteville) X12 Standard it seems to be the most established standard I think (at least for German Bike brands)
Scott also uses some proprietary axles....

Man it is just some goddamn axles nothing to special about that. why cant the whole industry just agree on one thing for once? *sigh*

Posted: Feb 2, 2016 at 14:24 Quote
I think grips might be a standard size but not 100% sure ! ????

Posted: Feb 2, 2016 at 22:22 Quote
Silliker269 wrote:
Helldancer wrote:
Silliker269 wrote:
Thought you fellas might be interested in this , Im trying to get more details now if it was a special spring or anything
photo

Yeah thank you !

Then a Fox DHX2 should fit too... hell yeah, i will order one!

Yeah I emailed FOX , they confirmed the SLS Spring is (2.5-2.75” stroke: 400 lbs/in) is 50mm or 1.9685 inches.
From my measurements that should fit , even with the 4% growth in diameter when it is compressed

The last question is the spring rate - my weight is ~81-82kg (without clothes), should 400lbs be the right choise?

Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 7:05 Quote
Maybe a bit more man try this out
http://service.foxracingshox.com/consumers/Content/mtbspringratecalculator.htm

Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 23:57 Quote
Helldancer wrote:
Silliker269 wrote:
Helldancer wrote:

Yeah thank you !

Then a Fox DHX2 should fit too... hell yeah, i will order one!

Yeah I emailed FOX , they confirmed the SLS Spring is (2.5-2.75” stroke: 400 lbs/in) is 50mm or 1.9685 inches.
From my measurements that should fit , even with the 4% growth in diameter when it is compressed

The last question is the spring rate - my weight is ~81-82kg (without clothes), should 400lbs be the right choise?

Let us know how you go man. Looking at upgrading myself

Posted: Feb 4, 2016 at 3:52 Quote
Markkellr wrote:
Hi guys, I have commencal v4 with bos front and rear. The bos kirk on the rear is blowing through the travel very fast and will be sent back for warranty. But guy in shop said the frame is best suited to the monarch debonair. Might change to this ? Thoughts ?

I bought mine with a BOS Vip'r. Changed to a Debonair and its waaay better

Posted: Feb 4, 2016 at 13:28 Quote
Annyone have anny idea if Magura MT7 brakes wil lfit A meta V4? (As hope tech 3 E4/V4 dont fit)

Posted: Feb 4, 2016 at 14:14 Quote
Hope E4/V4 and Magura MT5/MT7 fit on the V4, but only with a 203 rotor (maybe a 200 aswell, I haven't tested)

photo
My rear V4, not much clearance but it fits, and even when bottomed out, it doesn't touch the seat stay.

And I've had confirmation from Commencal that the Meta V4 is strong enough to be used with a 203mm rotor on the back.

Posted: Feb 4, 2016 at 14:19 Quote
Ploutre wrote:
Hope E4/V4 and Magura MT5/MT7 fit on the V4, but only with a 203 rotor (maybe a 200 aswell, I haven't tested)

photo
My rear V4, not much clearance but it fits, and even when bottomed out, it doesn't touch the seat stay.

And I've had confirmation from Commencal that the Meta V4 is strong enough to be used with a 203mm rotor on the back.

photo

Garyorange here on the forum tried fitting e4 amd v4 MD he says it doesnt fit.
What seize frame do you have?

Posted: Feb 4, 2016 at 14:22 Quote
Even with a 203 rotor ? (standard Hope adapter)

I'm on a size L frame

Posted: Feb 4, 2016 at 14:24 Quote
Ploutre wrote:
Even with a 203 rotor ? (standard Hope adapter)

I'm on a size L frame
Hmm well i am getting E4s for my other bike so i will check if it will fit.

Dunno if gary is here bud he proberbly has more info.

Posted: Feb 4, 2016 at 22:25 Quote
i have to use 203 rotor for the hope e4 too.

at the moment i am searching for a 180 adapter, which halt horizontal offset, like the 200 adapter, then a 180mm rotor should fit.

Regards.

Posted: Feb 4, 2016 at 22:34 Quote
I'll be honest, I'm totally fine with a 203 in the back. I tried 3 adapters before switching to 203mm (a2z that is like a 10mm spacer, a shimano that is roughly the same but both sides of the adapter had different lengths, and the hope one for 183 rotors) and none fitted with the v4s.

Posted: Feb 5, 2016 at 7:47 Quote
Does anyone have a link for a 203 adapter on the back with shimano brakes ?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013744
Mobile Version of Website