Meta V4 Owners Club

PB Forum :: Commencal
Meta V4 Owners Club
Posted: Feb 8, 2017 at 11:39 Quote
hardtailrider2013 wrote:
inverted180 wrote:
You are in the V4 owners thread though...so we may be biased.

Good point, aha! Well, guess I'll get the V4 and with the extra money i'll upgrade the seatpost and what not, thanks! Ordering it tonight so should be able to post pics pretty soon, excited! tup

If you talk with Nicola, ask him for a deal on a rockshox stealth. I thought he gave me a great price on it for the research I did on it. Free shipping too! (shipped /w the bike haha)

Posted: Feb 8, 2017 at 12:42 Quote
ryanlaf12 wrote:
hardtailrider2013 wrote:
inverted180 wrote:
You are in the V4 owners thread though...so we may be biased.

Good point, aha! Well, guess I'll get the V4 and with the extra money i'll upgrade the seatpost and what not, thanks! Ordering it tonight so should be able to post pics pretty soon, excited! tup

If you talk with Nicola, ask him for a deal on a rockshox stealth. I thought he gave me a great price on it for the research I did on it. Free shipping too! (shipped /w the bike haha)

I talked to another guy but the only thing he offered me was to get a Reverb from them at retail price (333$), so.. yea, wouldn't even give me a jersey aha Cry

Posted: Feb 8, 2017 at 12:50 Quote
hardtailrider2013 wrote:
ryanlaf12 wrote:
hardtailrider2013 wrote:

I talked to another guy but the only thing he offered me was to get a Reverb from them at retail price (333$), so.. yea, wouldn't even give me a jersey aha Cry
I'd buy a cheap used on eBay and if or when it needs a service send it through LBS to scram and they'll sent you a new one !

Posted: Feb 8, 2017 at 13:04 Quote
Matt115lamb wrote:
hardtailrider2013 wrote:
ryanlaf12 wrote:

I'd buy a cheap used on eBay and if or when it needs a service send it through LBS to scram and they'll sent you a new one !

Oh really? Why do they send new ones instead of servicing it?

Posted: Feb 8, 2017 at 13:39 Quote
They usually do that if you have the invoice and it's still under warranty.

And they do it this way because it most likely is cheaper for them to just send a new one (and eventually have the old one refurbished in Taiwan) than pay a mechanic to open it, find the problem, change what's needed, bleed it, clean it, and ship it back.

Posted: Feb 8, 2017 at 13:50 Quote
Hmmm, won't have the invoice if I buy it off of ebay though.. Razz

Posted: Feb 8, 2017 at 13:58 Quote
In the uk they don't ask for anything , had 2 now !

Posted: Feb 8, 2017 at 14:15 Quote
Well, i'll give it a try, thanks!

Posted: Feb 8, 2017 at 14:34 Quote
Ks lev or 9point8 fallline.

Posted: Feb 8, 2017 at 15:16 Quote
A friend buy RS stuff only. He says that you never OWN a RS but iTS more of a lease to him. He buys a fork nowing it wont last 2 years, send it back in for service and get a fresh new one with new warranty. So its a lease contract to him. Dunno if its good or bad

Posted: Feb 9, 2017 at 9:01 Quote
Just a quick one if any one is interested, just fitted the down tube protector thats featured on the V4.2 to my V4.
£12 from Commencal (and as much in carriage!!)
http://www.commencal-store.co.uk/frame-protectors-c102x2289942
2 sizes so choose.
Drilled the frame, 2 x M4 Rivnuts (like bottle cage fixings) and fit with screws supplied.

Posted: Feb 9, 2017 at 11:29 Quote
hardtailrider2013 wrote:
Oh man, just saw that the 2017 Meta SX is at 2899$, seems like a beefier build, is it worth it the 400$ more? The V4 is 2499$.

Here's the specs:
http://www.commencalcanada.com/meta-am-v4-ride-650b-orange-2016-c2x19538136
http://www.commencalcanada.com/meta-sx-v3-650b-black-2017-c2x20259952

v3 is a pain in the ass to pedal compared to v4.

Posted: Feb 9, 2017 at 11:37 Quote
Has anybody gone from a v4 to v4.2? Sold my V4 for an ibis but dont like it so in the market for a new frame and the 4.2 is high on the list!

Posted: Feb 9, 2017 at 12:45 Quote
Roguee wrote:
Has anybody gone from a v4 to v4.2? Sold my V4 for an ibis but dont like it so in the market for a new frame and the 4.2 is high on the list!
would love to hear some back to back comparisons myself!

Posted: Feb 9, 2017 at 12:55 Quote
I've got a V4. No idea what bottom bracket size I bought. All I know is its press fit hope. With a shimano zee crankset. Looking to upgrade to sram gx but want to keep this bb in. Is that possible?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013023
Mobile Version of Website