Meta V4 Owners Club

PB Forum :: Commencal
Meta V4 Owners Club
Posted: Jun 29, 2018 at 5:36 Quote
I didnt find it that hard. Fish it down through the top tube and out the bottom. Put the grommet on (throw some styro tube on and push up the top tube for sound) and push the end up the seat tube for the dropper.

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2018 at 6:34 Quote
PSY wrote:
Falcon991 wrote:
I'm just running the stock foam that comes with the bike. Then again, I ride in a dry area and there's never any kind of mud to deal with. I bet there's more water from washing in there than anything.

As for the dropper post cable, I used a loop I made out of safety wire to help me fish it up the seat tube. I didn't have any trouble getting it out of the downtube.

I'm planning to install a dropper on mine tomorrow. the commencal mechanic mentioned to me that the hardest part was the get the dropper wire past the linkage on the seat tube.

mind explaining a bit more how you did it?

Yeah that was a PIA, I ended up putting a cable in it with the head in their backwards (so it was in the seat tube) then used a magnet on a string to just pull it over enough to move past everything and push it up.

Posted: Jun 29, 2018 at 8:36 Quote
A trick I figured out to get the dropper cable past the linkage; Remove the grommet from seat tube. Feed outer cable in from top tube and get it to rest just outside the hole above BB. Drop the inner cable down the seat tube and out the hole. Install grommet, and feed inner cable into outer until it comes out the end outside top tube (you may need to trim the outer). Now with the inner installed, feed the outer cable up through grommet and into seat tube. When it gets stuck in the linkage, grab both ends of the inner cable to pull it tight as you push the outer cable up. Works every time

Posted: Jun 29, 2018 at 16:05 Quote
PSY wrote:
Falcon991 wrote:
I'm just running the stock foam that comes with the bike. Then again, I ride in a dry area and there's never any kind of mud to deal with. I bet there's more water from washing in there than anything.

As for the dropper post cable, I used a loop I made out of safety wire to help me fish it up the seat tube. I didn't have any trouble getting it out of the downtube.

I'm planning to install a dropper on mine tomorrow. the commencal mechanic mentioned to me that the hardest part was the get the dropper wire past the linkage on the seat tube.

mind explaining a bit more how you did it?

I made the loop out of safety wire and twisted the end so that the whole tool looked like a noose; sort of a rope made of safety wire with a loop at the end. My loop was about 2 inches (5cm) in diameter. (The rope portion has to be long enough to go down into the frame, obviously.)
Make sure you have lots of slack in your cable. I did not clamp the lever to the bars first, but instead let it hang freely right near the frame inlet. This gave me lots of room to work.
Drop the loop end of the homemade tool into the seat tube and wiggle/twist it until it clears the shock linkage. Make sure not to accidentally close the loop in your tool. Feed it all the way down into the frame until the bottom of the loop is lower than the entry port for the dropper cable.
Next, stick the dropper cable into the port in the frame so it sticks into the loop in your tool. (For want of a better description, imagine a pubescent boy describing a sex act.)
Now just pull upward with the tool while simultaneously pushing the cable into the frame. If it all works out, you'll at least get the dropper cable to angle upward in the seat tube, which is all you really need. If you're lucky, the tool and the cable will stay somewhat connected and you can pull it out that way; if not, just twist the cable while pushing it so it can clear the linkage in the seat tube.

I just thought of one really great trick that I didn't have to use. Now I'm mad at myself: once you have the cable resting in the homemade tool at the bottom of your seat tube, just twist the safety wire with some pliers until the loop closes on the cable end. Now you can yank it out with force. Duh! I should have done that!

Posted: Jun 29, 2018 at 16:51 Quote
^ I did it, it was a bitch. Pop the grommet out of the seat tube, start from top of seatube, hook it through the lower ST cutout and you can pull the slack through, then thread that bih the frame. Remeber to thread the hose through the grommet

Posted: Jul 5, 2018 at 4:42 Quote
Hi folks!!

Ready for mountain season!! Wink
Few pics of my bike!!

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Jul 5, 2018 at 11:00 Quote
Interesting... what is that coil shock on your V4?

Posted: Jul 5, 2018 at 11:17 Quote
I like that yellow and black colorway

Posted: Jul 5, 2018 at 12:25 Quote
Thanks Psy! ;-)

Inverted180, the shock is an RS Vivid R2C with a SAR spring, tight fit, but fits! :-)

Posted: Jul 5, 2018 at 14:41 Quote
PredaTom wrote:
Thanks Psy! ;-)

Inverted180, the shock is an RS Vivid R2C with a SAR spring, tight fit, but fits! :-)
Cool. What spring exactly? and how do you like it on the V4, progressive enough?

Posted: Jul 5, 2018 at 21:47 Quote
PredaTom wrote:
Hi folks!!

Few pics of my bike!!

photo

photo

photo

Man, that’s a sweeeet v4!

Posted: Jul 5, 2018 at 23:52 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
PredaTom wrote:
Thanks Psy! ;-)

Cool. What spring exactly? and how do you like it on the V4, progressive enough?

The spring is the light enduro (rate 425 for my weight).
https://superalloyracing.com/products/130-enduro-light-metric-compatible-65mm-stroke-pom-spacer-included

I've just missed to precise I had to machine the "Beginning rebound" thumbscrew as follows to allow it to pass into the lower shock mount. Except that, all is OK.
photo

I have not ridden it enough for the moment, just cool cruise in quite flat lands, not in mountain (I will tell you in 2 weeks!! Big Grin ).
What I can tell is it's a soooo sweet feeling compared to my RS RT3!

Posted: Jul 6, 2018 at 0:03 Quote
themiltonator wrote:
PredaTom wrote:
Hi folks!!

Few pics of my bike!!

Man, that’s a sweeeet v4!

Wink thanks!!

Posted: Jul 20, 2018 at 3:41 Quote
Looking for V4 frame. Can do cash or some kind of deal with my transition patrol frame.

Thanks
Rob

Posted: Jul 20, 2018 at 10:24 Quote
Keep the patrol mate !

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023696
Mobile Version of Website