Meta V4 Owners Club

PB Forum :: Commencal
Meta V4 Owners Club
Posted: Aug 17, 2018 at 7:51 Quote
menzy wrote:
Cliff-Burton wrote:
I am 5‘4 and ride the medium Meta with a 125cm Bikeyoke Revive dropper

A dropper Post should work for you

Do you have dropper completly inserted or maybe few centimeters out?

I ordered new meta in size medium and I'm waiting it to be delivered. I'm a bit taller than you and thinking about replacing 125mm droper with 150mm (maybe one up which is trimmable).

I run my bikeyoke about 2,5cm out

I think the 150mm One Up dropper should work perfect to get more than the 125mm I am running

Posted: Aug 19, 2018 at 8:47 Quote
Hi
im having a problem with my 2016 meta v4. The bearings located at the seatstay/rockerlink keep pushing themselves out 3-4mm from where they should sit.
This causes the bolts to stick out from the rockerlinks Surface(when they should be flat with it) and the linkage feels rough when compressing it.

The bolts themselves are not getting loosend and i have used heavy loctite on them. I keep pushing the damn bearings back in and everything feels good but after 15 mins of bikepark they get pushed back out again.
The bearings are in good shape and i replaced the washes too but Still the problem continues.

Any help?

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2018 at 10:27 Quote
Killa-bee wrote:
Hi
im having a problem with my 2016 meta v4. The bearings located at the seatstay/rockerlink keep pushing themselves out 3-4mm from where they should sit.
This causes the bolts to stick out from the rockerlinks Surface(when they should be flat with it) and the linkage feels rough when compressing it.

The bolts themselves are not getting loosend and i have used heavy loctite on them. I keep pushing the damn bearings back in and everything feels good but after 15 mins of bikepark they get pushed back out again.
The bearings are in good shape and i replaced the washes too but Still the problem continues.

Any help?

If I understood that correctly i'd check the bolts. The only way those bearings could move if is if the bolts were not tightening down enough due to either being stretched/flatted , or bad spacing overall.

part #1 here: https://tech.commencal.com/m/images/plans/BASCULEUR%20meta%20V4.jpg

Posted: Aug 19, 2018 at 12:16 Quote
Common issue. Remove the bearing and put some loctite on the outer ring surface.

Posted: Aug 19, 2018 at 13:03 Quote
Thank you for your responses. I just dont understand how the bearing moves when the bolt is tightened and loctited. And both sides does the excat same thing.

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2018 at 15:40 Quote
Killa-bee wrote:
Thank you for your responses. I just dont understand how the bearing moves when the bolt is tightened and loctited. And both sides does the excat same thing.

Are the bolts still tight when it develops the play?

Posted: Aug 20, 2018 at 7:17 Quote
PhoS wrote:
Killa-bee wrote:

Are the bolts still tight when it develops the play?

Yes they are. And i cant feel any play when they are pushed out, the linkage just feels stiff when compressing it whitout the shock.
Im taking it apart tonight ones more

Posted: Aug 20, 2018 at 7:37 Quote
Next time they're out, I'd just replace them.

If you have accurate (digital) calipers, I would measure and compare with the standard size for the bearing and see whether it's the linkage or bearing that has a problem.

In case it's the linkage, I'd contact Commencal. Not sure if they would send a new one, but I think I remember a case on a French forum about it and they replaced it. Was a while ago though.

Posted: Aug 20, 2018 at 8:22 Quote
Ploutre wrote:

If you have accurate (digital) calipers, I would measure and compare with the standard size for the bearing and see whether it's the linkage or bearing that has a problem.

In case it's the linkage, I'd contact Commencal. Not sure if they would send a new one, but I think I remember a case on a French forum about it and they replaced it. Was a while ago though.

I did replace one of the bearing just a few weeks ago.
I might change the other one too even tough it still feels smooth.
When i press the bearings in a normal amount of force is needed. They feel just like all the other bearings on the
frame thati have replaced.

I guess i will contact Commencal it i cant get it fixed.

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2018 at 9:51 Quote
Are the edges of the bolt head scuffed up from dragging on the link? Everything fits pretty tight in there, if your bearings have any play it could be causing some binding but it would show somewhere on the parts. It could be that the link is ovalized from wear which is allowing the bearing to wobble around.

Posted: Aug 20, 2018 at 10:43 Quote
Killa-bee wrote:
Ploutre wrote:

I did replace one of the bearing just a few weeks ago.
I might change the other one too even tough it still feels smooth.
When i press the bearings in a normal amount of force is needed. They feel just like all the other bearings on the
frame thati have replaced.

I guess i will contact Commencal it i cant get it fixed.

I had this problem on my v4.2 and they replaced the linkage

Posted: Aug 21, 2018 at 22:38 Quote
PredaTom wrote:
inverted180 wrote:
PredaTom wrote:
Thanks Psy! ;-)

Inverted180, the shock is an RS Vivid R2C with a SAR spring, tight fit, but fits! :-)
Cool. What spring exactly? and how do you like it on the V4, progressive enough?

The spring is the light enduro (rate 425 for my weight).
https://superalloyracing.com/products/130-enduro-light-metric-compatible-65mm-stroke-pom-spacer-included

I've just missed to precise I had to machine the "Beginning rebound" thumbscrew as follows to allow it to pass into the lower shock mount. Except that, all is OK.
photo

I have not ridden it enough for the moment, just cool cruise in quite flat lands, not in mountain (I will tell you in 2 weeks!! Big Grin ).
What I can tell is it's a soooo sweet feeling compared to my RS RT3!

This is very interesting! Did you get a chance to test the suspension properly yet? Was the standard spring too big to fit the frame? I just tried an old fox vanilla coil shock on my v4. It's 14 years old but to my surprise i liked it better than my Monarch +debonair. The compression damping is no good on the old shock though, it would be nice to fit a modern coiler.

Posted: Aug 22, 2018 at 10:49 Quote
PredaTom wrote:
Thanks Psy! ;-)

Inverted180, the shock is an RS Vivid R2C with a SAR spring, tight fit, but fits! :-)

What size is the Vivid R2C?

Posted: Aug 28, 2018 at 16:44 Quote
Anyone have an updated opinion on how the Meta AM V4 does with a coil shock? Considering putting a Fox DHX2 with a SAR Enduro light spring on it but I have heard mentions of a coil shock being too linear on this frame and that it was designed around using a progressive air shock.

Anyone using a coil shock on the V4 and can chime in?

Posted: Aug 31, 2018 at 12:43 Quote
Hey guys...looking for a little insight. Long story short I built up a hardtail as my first MTB build and quickly realized I wanted FS. Anyway, I will primarily be riding bike park/local trails. I’m looking at the 2016 V4 (150mm travel) and using my current SLX comments paired with a 170mm Yari. Does anyone ride these in bike parks? How do you like it? Looking for a fun, nimble bike to have fun on. Thanks for any info!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016451
Mobile Version of Website