Meta V4 Owners Club

PB Forum :: Commencal
Meta V4 Owners Club
Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 12:37 Quote
munakorva wrote:
Does anyone have first hand information

Does Cane Creek DB IL COIL fit to 4.2 Meta 27.5 TRAIL.

May have on frame in my hands but without shock

I believe so. I fitted my v4 2016 with a cc inline air. THE canister is larger in diameter than a spring. Also, THE meta 4.2 has more room for different shocks compared to THE v4. So i think youre good. But do check anyone else’s experiences

Posted: Feb 1, 2019 at 10:43 Quote
Thank you!

Ill tell you the first hand information later

Posted: Feb 2, 2019 at 2:54 Quote
Does anyone know if I can convert the 2015 Meta Trail to the AM? The only differences I can see are the trunnion mount and obviously shock. The AM Trunnion is shorter to accommodate the longer shock. Everything else looks exactly the same (main frame, rocker, seat and chain stay etc).

Anyone tried this?

Posted: Feb 2, 2019 at 11:54 Quote
Totally doable, I guess the real question would be why? Very confused

Posted: Feb 2, 2019 at 13:00 Quote
PhoS wrote:
Totally doable, I guess the real question would be why? Very confused

What reason could there possibly be other than wanting more travel?

Posted: Feb 2, 2019 at 13:18 Quote
Oh for some reason I was thinking AM to TR. Getting dyslexic in my old age. Dead Horse

Posted: Feb 3, 2019 at 14:35 Quote
Recently had an op and couldn't ride for 6 weeks, so I thought I'd keep myself busy.

Before

After

Posted: Feb 3, 2019 at 15:48 Quote
Transformed to Goodness...love the look. Nice work..Fab

Posted: Feb 3, 2019 at 22:17 Quote
What method did you use to remove the paint? And what size is the frame? I'm guessing XL.

Posted: Feb 4, 2019 at 0:21 Quote
Thanks Hammer. I used paint stripper to get the old paint off, it took a lot longer than the time stated on the can, but got there eventually, yes, it's an XL.

Posted: Feb 4, 2019 at 2:01 Quote
I have been thinking of doing the same thing. Did you polish the frame afterwards and what brand was the paint stripper? Imo the raw bike looks much better than the old yellow and black.

Posted: Feb 4, 2019 at 8:25 Quote
looks so dope. also interested how you did this.....

also where did you get the logo's too?

Posted: Feb 4, 2019 at 10:32 Quote
I can't say I was ever a real lover of the original paint job. The stripper was Nitromors. I found it worked best when left on the frame for 5-6 days (rather than the 2 hours it said on the can!). I then took off the worst of any defects with 120 grit wet and dry. After that I flatted down the entire frame with 800, 1000,1200,1500,2000 and 2500 grit.Went over again with T Cut, then polished with Silvo Wadding. Fair to say it took a while. I've also sealed it with Renaissance Wax in an attempt to keep oxidation at bay. The decals are actually for the Meta AM HT and came from a company in Spain.
https://rotulosvilcho.com/en/bici/1285-commencal-meta-ht-am-v42-kit2.html

Posted: Feb 5, 2019 at 4:10 Quote
Any of you fine gentlemen gone from a 27.5 AM to a 29 AM?

what was the step up like?

Apologies if this has been asked before!

Posted: Feb 5, 2019 at 9:12 Quote
v7fmp wrote:
Any of you fine gentlemen gone from a 27.5 AM to a 29 AM?

what was the step up like?

Apologies if this has been asked before!

Bought a TR 29 instead. Haven't built it up yet but I feel like I don't need as much travel with the wagon wheels and the TR will be more responsive overall. The numbers seem a little more progressive as well, with a longer reach on each size than the AM.(something I always wanted on my V4) In my experience 29ers ride a little more stable, and carry more speed at the expense of feeling slower but not actually being slower. It feels like it takes a little more effort to move the bike around but you're less likely to overcook a movement if you know what I mean. Haven't hit any big jump trails on a 29 so that will be a learning experience. I'll let you know how that goes. 2 cents

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022403
Mobile Version of Website