Meta V4 Owners Club

PB Forum :: Commencal
Meta V4 Owners Club
O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2019 at 9:45 Quote
Lipbraga wrote:
Hello

Can I use this fork in a Commencal Meta V4.2 2017 frame?

https://www.competitivecyclist.com/rockshox-lyrik-rct3-debonair-180-boost-51mm-offset-fork-29-27.5

No. Max A-C is 562 mm, that is 592 mm.

O+
Posted: Mar 8, 2019 at 8:54 Quote
Hey guys.

I love my V4 and feel like upgrading it. Well, nothings's changed there, however I recently stumbled across the fact that the V4 is designed with different clevis lengths that drive the shock. So in the short and medium sizes, the clevis is a couple of mm shorter then the equal part on the larger sizes.

I was wondering how long that difference is, since it might be an option to mount the smaller clevis on a large frame in order to employ a longer shock. Be putting in a longer shock I'd be curious about either trying a metric shock since they supposedly work better, or maybe putting a longer stroke in in order to create more travel.

Maybe one of you guys owning a small or medium bike could measure the length of the clevis?
photo
photo

cheers, Alex

Posted: Mar 8, 2019 at 10:22 Quote
I believe they are the difference between a Meta AM and TR, as the front triangle is extremely similar (longer one on the TR, for a shorter shock/stroke)

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2019 at 23:59 Quote
Ploutre wrote:
I believe they are the difference between a Meta AM and TR, as the front triangle is extremely similar (longer one on the TR, for a shorter shock/stroke)

For the Meta TR it is the same as for the regular Meta, the length of the clevis changes according to the frame size.
https://www.commencal-store.de/meta-am-v4-clevis-l-xl-c2x19999067

On my large frame, the length of the clevis is roughly 13cm, measured end to end, not mounting points. Maybe someone could measure the length on a small or medium frame?

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 14:11 Quote
photo

my new meta am 29 frame sram edition

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 22:30 Quote
adamjimny wrote:
photo

my new meta am 29 frame sram edition

Congrats! She’s a beauty! Assuming you owned a v4.2 before, can you feel the added weight on the 29er?

Posted: Mar 19, 2019 at 0:59 Quote
not owned the earlier one no but my best mate has one which is why i went for it. ill get a weight reading today but hard to say about noticing weight as its a complete custom build with dh tires and inserts and a full coil setup and dh brake etc so not really similar

Posted: Mar 19, 2019 at 7:44 Quote
adamjimny wrote:
not owned the earlier one no but my best mate has one which is why i went for it. ill get a weight reading today but hard to say about noticing weight as its a complete custom build with dh tires and inserts and a full coil setup and dh brake etc so not really similar

You’re right. Thanks!

Posted: Mar 19, 2019 at 8:16 Quote
weight is bang on 38lb

spec as follows:

meta am 29 frame large
super deluxe coil shock
2019 lyric with push ac3 coil setup at 170mm
170mm reverb 1x
raceface turbine with absolute oval 32t
eagle gx 12spd
shimano xtr levers on saint callipers 203mm rotors
raceface atlas stem
raceface next r bars cut to 780mm
stans flow mk3 rim on hope pro4 hubs
schwalbe new hans dampf/ rock razor super gravity tires
one up edc tool
crank brothers mallet dh race pedals
flat tire defenders in rear
hope headset and bb

so only 1lb heavier than the carbon evil it has replaced so happy with that.

spring chart is way off for spring rating though as it said i was around 500lb however even with the 450lb fitted i only get just under 25% sag so got a 400lb on order

Posted: Mar 19, 2019 at 23:12 Quote
adamjimny wrote:
weight is bang on 38lb

spec as follows:

meta am 29 frame large
super deluxe coil shock
2019 lyric with push ac3 coil setup at 170mm
170mm reverb 1x
raceface turbine with absolute oval 32t
eagle gx 12spd
shimano xtr levers on saint callipers 203mm rotors
raceface atlas stem
raceface next r bars cut to 780mm
stans flow mk3 rim on hope pro4 hubs
schwalbe new hans dampf/ rock razor super gravity tires
one up edc tool
crank brothers mallet dh race pedals
flat tire defenders in rear
hope headset and bb

so only 1lb heavier than the carbon evil it has replaced so happy with that.

spring chart is way off for spring rating though as it said i was around 500lb however even with the 450lb fitted i only get just under 25% sag so got a 400lb on order

Thanks again! This is super helpful.

Posted: Mar 21, 2019 at 19:19 Quote
I'm looking into buying an used AM V4 2016. Just found out (owner also didn't know) that its rocker link is cracked. Would it be a bad sign for the whole fram condition? I've seen this happening a lot with these Metas, and probably a new rocker link would solve the problem.

Looking for opinions on it.

Posted: Mar 22, 2019 at 7:40 Quote
OffRiggs wrote:
I'm looking into buying an used AM V4 2016. Just found out (owner also didn't know) that its rocker link is cracked. Would it be a bad sign for the whole fram condition? I've seen this happening a lot with these Metas, and probably a new rocker link would solve the problem.

The rocker link is super weak in the middle. Pretty common to have it break if you take the shock off and let the linkage fall. That secion doesnt take much force though. It's probably fine.

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2019 at 9:02 Quote
Should still be under warranty, tell him to order a new one. (if hes original owner)

Posted: Mar 22, 2019 at 14:13 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
OffRiggs wrote:

The rocker link is super weak in the middle. Pretty common to have it break if you take the shock off and let the linkage fall. That secion doesnt take much force though. It's probably fine.

PhoS wrote:
Should still be under warranty, tell him to order a new one. (if hes original owner)

Thanks a lot for the feedback! Now I'm not insecure anymore about buying this bike. It should be fine then. I wish that new sturdier link from the power version worked on the V4 2016 aswell, but according to the compatibility listing on the website it doesn't. Just gotta hope that it lasts from now on! Especially because it is probably discontinued on the factory, and future cracks will have to be welded to keep going.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014623
Mobile Version of Website