Meta V4 Owners Club

PB Forum :: Commencal
Meta V4 Owners Club
Posted: Apr 29, 2019 at 13:24 Quote
jasonhan wrote:
Marasdfg wrote:
Klasa wrote:

I have a Vivid coil on my V4 since a couple of months now too. Love it! I just grinded off the corner of the rocker link to make it fit.

Same here. Generally, if you want to use Vivid in the meta V4, you'd probably have to use angle grinder a little. The rebound knob doesn't fit if the rocker is untouched, but depending on the spring, it may be that you don't have to use an angle grinder to the frame. I have a nukeproof SLS spring and I was able to fit it even when the frame was untouched, but I decided to still do some more room just in case.

The frame is pretty thick so I figured that it was safe to remove some material from the space where the shock sits few millimeters wider.

Thanks for the info Marasdfg & Klasa. I’m planning to use vividly Kage rc depending on my Budget. Planning to get the nukeproof SLS spring as well. Not sure if I would grind the frame and rocker link tho. Frown

I use a SAR spring (super alloy racing). It has a spacer on top and i think it gives more clearance to the frame. It's tight but seems ok. Haven't touched the frame, only the outer corner of the link, it's really no big deal. I'll see if i can get around to post a pic...

Posted: May 1, 2019 at 23:39 Quote
Klasa wrote:
jasonhan wrote:
Marasdfg wrote:

Same here. Generally, if you want to use Vivid in the meta V4, you'd probably have to use angle grinder a little. The rebound knob doesn't fit if the rocker is untouched, but depending on the spring, it may be that you don't have to use an angle grinder to the frame. I have a nukeproof SLS spring and I was able to fit it even when the frame was untouched, but I decided to still do some more room just in case.

The frame is pretty thick so I figured that it was safe to remove some material from the space where the shock sits few millimeters wider.

Thanks for the info Marasdfg & Klasa. I’m planning to use vividly Kage rc depending on my Budget. Planning to get the nukeproof SLS spring as well. Not sure if I would grind the frame and rocker link tho. Frown

I use a SAR spring (super alloy racing). It has a spacer on top and i think it gives more clearance to the frame. It's tight but seems ok. Haven't touched the frame, only the outer corner of the link, it's really no big deal. I'll see if i can get around to post a pic...

Oh u use SAR. yeah heard that it fit pretty well in the v4's frame.
that will be great if u post up a pic

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 18:59 Quote
I desperately need to change the bearings in my 2015 Meta Trail V4 - the bike has done about 3500 kilometres on the original bearings and it still runs okay - they're just rough

What are the problems with buying the cheap $2 bearings from China on eBay? I will pack them with grease, but what would be the noticeable difference between these and their more expensive counterparts? Longevity?

Posted: May 14, 2019 at 13:32 Quote
HVrider wrote:
I desperately need to change the bearings in my 2015 Meta Trail V4 - the bike has done about 3500 kilometres on the original bearings and it still runs okay - they're just rough

What are the problems with buying the cheap $2 bearings from China on eBay? I will pack them with grease, but what would be the noticeable difference between these and their more expensive counterparts? Longevity?

Yep, but i put in expensive skf bearings and that didnt last to long either. Guy at that shop had a good argument about iT. Most bearings they sell are for high rev applications. Witch a MTb frame Will never reach so they wear in at a specific region of THE bearing surface. Wich make Sense. So its cheap bearings for me from Now on. For 20 bucks ill change then Every year. Outer diameter can be an issue though. Not as precise compared to skf or enduro or whatever.

Cheers

Posted: May 14, 2019 at 15:00 Quote
I put in a full set of enduro max. Properly expensive but in theory designed for the job. Nearly a year of thrashing and they still feel great. But you could split the difference and buy twice over in cheap ones and just swap them more often.

https://mbbearings.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=page_4

Posted: May 14, 2019 at 15:01 Quote
Sorry the point is they are designed for high strength low rotation use

O+
Posted: May 14, 2019 at 16:39 Quote
HVrider wrote:

Expensive bearings are made to higher manufacturing standards. They usually have better tolerances, harder wearing surfaces, and superior seals. You're not going to notice a difference on something like a suspension pivot. It's not worth spending more for anything short of a specialized custom bearing like an enduro max. I bought my replacements from VXB, one of the largest re-sellers of bearings in the USA. The total cost for the whole set was extremely low and the bearings are definitely higher quality than the originals. If you do decide to grease them before installing them make sure to thoroughly degrease them, and repack them high quality moly grease. Most bike specific greases are too light duty for the application.

O+
Posted: Jun 4, 2019 at 17:46 Quote
Trails are finally drying out around here.

Meta AM

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 22:40 Quote
i broke my rear axel and im looking into the mrp or woolftooth rear axel and i think i have the right size just wanting to confirm.. ive got 1.75 X 174MM

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 19:31 Quote
PhoS wrote:
Could be a tight fit with the adjusters. I have one coming I can test fit with next week.

Hi did you end up fitting the dpx shock? How did it go?

What tune did you get?

O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 21:46 Quote
ratmac wrote:
PhoS wrote:
Could be a tight fit with the adjusters. I have one coming I can test fit with next week.

Hi did you end up fitting the dpx shock? How did it go?

What tune did you get?

It does fit, but I got it for another bike. Someone else on here put one on their v4.

Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 14:40 Quote
r0bb wrote:
has anyone tried yet to fit a 29er wheel to the front of the meta?

I am 6"3 ( 192cm) to my xl frame and it feels a little too small. I already fitted a +5mm reach headset from superstarcomponents which has been working great.

I was wondering if I could get more out of the bike with a 29er front since i feel like a 29er enduro wouldnt be wrong for me being this tall.

I got a friend who rides a hardtail with a 150mm pike so trying it would not be too much of a problem i guess.

HI ! Did you get to try mounting 29ers on the Meta ? I have a Meta AM V4 and have a set of Nokian Gazza tires I can´t use since i got rid of my 29er bike, and was wondering if those would fit for winter riding.

I don`t have a set of 29er rims to try, so I'd rather confirm first if anyone has done it before.

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 12:38 Quote
metaam wrote:
I can't say I was ever a real lover of the original paint job. The stripper was Nitromors. I found it worked best when left on the frame for 5-6 days (rather than the 2 hours it said on the can!). I then took off the worst of any defects with 120 grit wet and dry. After that I flatted down the entire frame with 800, 1000,1200,1500,2000 and 2500 grit.Went over again with T Cut, then polished with Silvo Wadding. Fair to say it took a while. I've also sealed it with Renaissance Wax in an attempt to keep oxidation at bay. The decals are actually for the Meta AM HT and came from a company in Spain.
https://rotulosvilcho.com/en/bici/1285-commencal-meta-ht-am-v42-kit2.html

Gorgeous ! Now I'm super tempted to do the same with my red 2016 Meta AM V4... I just loved the brushed version when it came out with the AM 4.2; now I have the chance to get the same look by just applying some elbow grease Smile

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 12:45 Quote
Cvitanic wrote:
metaam wrote:
I can't say I was ever a real lover of the original paint job. The stripper was Nitromors. I found it worked best when left on the frame for 5-6 days (rather than the 2 hours it said on the can!). I then took off the worst of any defects with 120 grit wet and dry. After that I flatted down the entire frame with 800, 1000,1200,1500,2000 and 2500 grit.Went over again with T Cut, then polished with Silvo Wadding. Fair to say it took a while. I've also sealed it with Renaissance Wax in an attempt to keep oxidation at bay. The decals are actually for the Meta AM HT and came from a company in Spain.
https://rotulosvilcho.com/en/bici/1285-commencal-meta-ht-am-v42-kit2.html

Gorgeous ! Now I'm super tempted to do the same with my red 2016 Meta AM V4... I just loved the brushed version when it came out with the AM 4.2; now I have the chance to get the same look by just applying some elbow grease Smile

Thanks Man! Be warned though, it takes LOTS of elbow grease.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017010
Mobile Version of Website