Meta V4 Owners Club

PB Forum :: Commencal
Meta V4 Owners Club
Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 23:35 Quote
How would a Meta work as a park bike? I've been dreaming about a Clash for months but in reality I'm not nearly a hard enough charger to justify one, and I'm wary of overbiking myself.

I basically only ride park so don't really care about climbing. Can the low-end meta models work in a mini-dh role, or have there been noticeable sacrifices in the name of pedalling?

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 6:51 Quote
metaam wrote:
Cvitanic wrote:
metaam wrote:
I can't say I was ever a real lover of the original paint job. The stripper was Nitromors. I found it worked best when left on the frame for 5-6 days (rather than the 2 hours it said on the can!). I then took off the worst of any defects with 120 grit wet and dry. After that I flatted down the entire frame with 800, 1000,1200,1500,2000 and 2500 grit.Went over again with T Cut, then polished with Silvo Wadding. Fair to say it took a while. I've also sealed it with Renaissance Wax in an attempt to keep oxidation at bay. The decals are actually for the Meta AM HT and came from a company in Spain.
https://rotulosvilcho.com/en/bici/1285-commencal-meta-ht-am-v42-kit2.html

Gorgeous ! Now I'm super tempted to do the same with my red 2016 Meta AM V4... I just loved the brushed version when it came out with the AM 4.2; now I have the chance to get the same look by just applying some elbow grease Smile

Thanks Man! Be warned though, it takes LOTS of elbow grease.

HAHA ! I guess ! How many estimated hours did you put into it ? Disassembling and putting back together alone must take some 4 - 5 hours.

What worries me a bit is that the only paint stripper I found locally, is ammonia based and its SDS says it's incompatible with Aluminum (despite saying it works on metals)... Maybe sand blasting would be a viable alternative ?

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 8:25 Quote
Cvitanic wrote:
metaam wrote:
Cvitanic wrote:

Gorgeous ! Now I'm super tempted to do the same with my red 2016 Meta AM V4... I just loved the brushed version when it came out with the AM 4.2; now I have the chance to get the same look by just applying some elbow grease Smile

Thanks Man! Be warned though, it takes LOTS of elbow grease.

HAHA ! I guess ! How many estimated hours did you put into it ? Disassembling and putting back together alone must take some 4 - 5 hours.

What worries me a bit is that the only paint stripper I found locally, is ammonia based and its SDS says it's incompatible with Aluminum (despite saying it works on metals)... Maybe sand blasting would be a viable alternative ?

I would guess without dismantling/rebuilding the bike, it took me 25-30 hours. It really depends how good you want the finish to be. I think sand blasting would be okay if you can't find the right paint stripper.

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 23:04 Quote
Anyone interested in purchasing a 230x60 DVO jade coil shock for their meta?

Posted: Jul 26, 2019 at 15:58 Quote
Hey guys, I hope you can help me with this one. I came back from a ride last week with my v4 2016 and noticed my rear wheel was all loose, turns out these two guys were unscrewed. Does that mean something else is toasted or do I just screw it back on and not worry about it? Also do I need to screw it back super tight? I never had this problem before! Is this a common issue?

photo
photo

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2019 at 16:24 Quote
Remove nut, clean threads, apply blue loc tight, tighten to just snug.

Posted: Jul 27, 2019 at 0:10 Quote
Anyone fitted angle bushes to their shock?

O+
Posted: Jul 27, 2019 at 9:57 Quote
Gives you .5 degrees. Actually is noticable.

O+
Posted: Jul 27, 2019 at 16:21 Quote
sinatorj wrote:
Gives you .5 degrees. Actually is noticable.

Link to these offset bushings?

O+
Posted: Jul 27, 2019 at 20:56 Quote
Think it was offsetshockbushings.com

Posted: Jul 28, 2019 at 18:02 Quote
hardtailrider2013 wrote:
Hey guys, I hope you can help me with this one. I came back from a ride last week with my v4 2016 and noticed my rear wheel was all loose, turns out these two guys were unscrewed. Does that mean something else is toasted or do I just screw it back on and not worry about it? Also do I need to screw it back super tight? I never had this problem before! Is this a common issue?

The picture is of the hub end caps. They dont get screwed on but just pressed on. They are supposed to come off and on for service.

The rear frame axle would press these end caps togther and they are supposed to be pressed tight and dont spin (the bearings and hub axle does).

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2019 at 19:18 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
The picture is of the hub end caps. They dont get screwed on but just pressed on. They are supposed to come off and on for service.

The rear frame axle would press these end caps togther and they are supposed to be pressed tight and dont spin (the bearings and hub axle does).

I don't know what hub that is, but if they have wrench flats they usually screw onto the hub axle.

Posted: Jul 29, 2019 at 2:40 Quote
sinatorj wrote:
Think it was offsetshockbushings.com

www.offsetbushings.com Smile

Posted: Aug 1, 2019 at 18:19 Quote
cerebroside wrote:
inverted180 wrote:

I don't know what hub that is, but if they have wrench flats they usually screw onto the hub axle.

Yep, those are screwed on there, not pressed!

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 15:27 Quote
Evening all!

Looking at buying a 2018 27 TR w/ cane creek DB IL (frame only on classifieds at the moment - https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2608173/). It's an XL. Im 6'1 w/ 34"ish inseam (floor to right up into my crotch). Currently riding a pretty progressive HT in Large (Boost Bird Zero) and like the fit. Ive rode a few other FS with similar geo numbers to the Meta in XL and got on with them OK. I seem to agree with Bird/Cotic's sizing charts, which fives me some faith that the XL Meta should be OK. Im really only just scraping into the XL according to Commencal's recommendations though....Just wondering:

a. what people's thoughts are on the fit/sizing of an XL for a rider my size
b. whether the CC shock should fit/function well. It is shown fitting the frame, just wondering about in-service movement.

Thanks in advance. I'll get some pics of the frame swap up if all works out...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025133
Mobile Version of Website