Meta V4 Owners Club

PB Forum :: Commencal
Meta V4 Owners Club
Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 22:02 Quote
sinatorj wrote:
Gives you .5 degrees. Actually is noticable.

Negative effective on BB height?

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 0:19 Quote
My take is that if you're in between sizes, always upsize. Better have a longer bike that you can shorten, than try to lenghten a small bike.

As for the Canecreek, hopefully they've managed to fix the numerous reliability issues? Check if there's a service center or warranty center around you, might come handy if the one with the bike isn't that great .. Ask for the shock invoice too.

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 0:58 Quote
I'm 6'2 with a 34" inseam riding an XL V4. I certainly wouldn't want it to be any smaller.

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 1:48 Quote
Thanks for thoughts - would welcome any others from folk who ride XLs too though!

Metaam - what year's teh V4 from? Im assuming that sizing is a little smaller in the older models?

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 2:11 Quote
metaam wrote:
I'm 6'2 with a 34" inseam riding an XL V4. I certainly wouldn't want it to be any smaller.

I'm 6ft1 and a bit. 34 inseem. I ride a large V4.2 and previously a medium V4.

I ride steep techy trails. No way I'd go bigger then a large as I don't like riding farm gates!

Large - remember you'll have the collar of your dropper post on top of the seat tube AND the drop available i.e 150mm etc.

Top tube is more than roomy. I use a 50mm stem.

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 10:52 Quote
Rausage wrote:
Thanks for thoughts - would welcome any others from folk who ride XLs too though!

Metaam - what year's teh V4 from? Im assuming that sizing is a little smaller in the older models?

2016. 473mm reach.

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 21:07 Quote
sacalobra wrote:
metaam wrote:

I ride steep techy trails. No way I'd go bigger then a large as I don't like riding farm gates!

Accurate description there.. lol

I could definitely pull of an XL, the seat tube length would be the the biggest hurdle. ( 520mm on XL Eek ) I wouldn't hesitate to hack a few mm off it if needed though...

Posted: Aug 7, 2019 at 16:27 Quote
sacalobra wrote:
sinatorj wrote:
Gives you .5 degrees. Actually is noticable.

Negative effective on BB height?
Didn't notice any bb drop, just slacker HT.

Posted: Sep 1, 2019 at 8:38 Quote
Ploutre wrote:
The new ones:

It's not a full circle as the diagram suggests, just some kind of basic snap ring that doesn't require pliers

Hi, I actually have a V4.2 frame and I tried to check the bearings’ condition in the pivots as the left seat stay recently had a small play. I have retightened the bolt for now. When I disassembled the rocker, I also noticed that the rocker arm bearings have circlips on them. Do you have any idea how to remove this circlips as they are not the traditional circlips with holes? Thanks

Posted: Sep 1, 2019 at 9:33 Quote
Just use a small screwdriver or pick tool to get one end started and work your way around to pop it out.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 16:04 Quote
Lipbraga wrote:
Hello

Can I use this fork in a Commencal Meta V4.2 2017 frame?

https://www.competitivecyclist.com/rockshox-lyrik-rct3-debonair-180-boost-51mm-offset-fork-29-27.5

Yes, I installed 180mm fork in my meta v4.2 frame and that is the max travel of fork you can install to the frame

Posted: Nov 25, 2019 at 19:14 Quote
winddoctor wrote:
I'm now running a Fox DPX2 on my V4. Liking the feel but am surprised at the PSI required to get 30 % sag (300!) for my 200 pounds plus kit. Max is 350. Anyone else running this shock and seeing the same? On the front I'm running the 2016 Marzocchi 350R which seems pretty notchy in its travel and also seems to get get stiff throughout a ride as if air is getting trapped. If I release the air from the seals it seems plush again but quickly ramps up after a short time riding again. Anyone have experience with this issue? I'll swap it at at some point but am trying to get the most from it for now.

Sounds like you may have cavitation going on. Have you serviced the damper?

Posted: Dec 1, 2019 at 10:45 Quote
heffernw wrote:
winddoctor wrote:
I'm now running a Fox DPX2 on my V4. Liking the feel but am surprised at the PSI required to get 30 % sag (300!) for my 200 pounds plus kit. Max is 350. Anyone else running this shock and seeing the same? On the front I'm running the 2016 Marzocchi 350R which seems pretty notchy in its travel and also seems to get get stiff throughout a ride as if air is getting trapped. If I release the air from the seals it seems plush again but quickly ramps up after a short time riding again. Anyone have experience with this issue? I'll swap it at at some point but am trying to get the most from it for now.

Sounds like you may have cavitation going on. Have you serviced the damper?

After fussing with it and riding it a few more times I decided to replace the Marz. with a Lyric. Butter now! What an upgrade. BTW after lots of riding the DPX2 with a small volume spacer it seems good at 300 PSI.

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 2:14 Quote
So far I absolutely love the bike.
New
New commencal v4.2

Commencal v4.2

Commencal v4.2
Frame: Commencal Meta v4.2
Fork: ROCKSHOX LYRIK
Stem: ANSWER ATAC AME 31,8 mm
Bar: Manillar Renthal Fatbar V2 black
Tyres: Maxxis
Saddle: Twinworks
Seatpost: Rockshox
Pedals: Nukeproof

new changes:

shock: ROCKSHOX SUPER DELUXE RC3
Brakes: Shimano Zee
Rims / Hubs : Hope Tech (Pro 4)

Bonus:

commencal

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 6:29 Quote
Hey,
I own a commencal meta v4 in size medium and realized today that my new Magura mt5 do not fit in the rear. Anyone who has a solution for this?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007978
Mobile Version of Website