PB Forum :: Commencal
Meta V4 Owners Club
Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 23:55 Quote
Marc2204 wrote:
Hope someone can help me out here...
Looking to buy a meta am 4.2 in the next few weeks, but I'm unsure on size
I'm 177.5cm (5'9.9")
Inside leg 81.1cm (31.9cm)

The commencal sizing recommends a medium, however number like reach and wheelbase are shorter than my current bike, which I feel could be a bit bigger.

The only thing putting me off going for the large is the seat tube height, and how some had said the seat never feels low enough. Any input would be great. Cheers????????

Probably better off asking here.
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=194872
Meta V4.2 thread.

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 3:33 Quote
jasonhan wrote:
use paint remover, and alot of different grade of sandpaper, and metal scrub with aluminium polish.

stickers can get it here:
https://rotulosvilcho.com/en/bici/1280-commencal-meta-tr-v42-kit1.html
or on ebay

inverted180 wrote:
nice... can you guys explain the process to me?

Also were did you get the stickers?

Did you remove all the bearings?

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 11:26 Quote
Yes, full strip down.

Posted: Mar 2, 2020 at 10:38 Quote
yz426ll wrote:
joalst wrote:
Post a pic!

This is obviously not for everyone. I am a tinkerer and builder of things. I had this shock lying around and they are cheap to buy used on PB. I figured, "why the hell not?"

Here you can see where I had to dremel around the rebound knob to fit it in the wishbone. This is the only modification I had to do to make it fit.
Coil shhock on my Meta V4. Had to thin down the rebound knob.

Here is the shock on my bike.
photo

Instead the rebound knob why not the corner of the clevis?

Posted: Mar 19, 2020 at 7:56 Quote
what spring weight did you use & how much do you weight??
Marasdfg wrote:
photo
Another coil user here. Vivid coil r2c with nukeproof sls enduro spring. It fits ok, but I decided to make some more room with angle grinder and now there is no risk that the coil gets in contact with the frame.

Posted: Mar 20, 2020 at 1:35 Quote
philcrossman wrote:
what spring weight did you use & how much do you weight??
Marasdfg wrote:
photo
Another coil user here. Vivid coil r2c with nukeproof sls enduro spring. It fits ok, but I decided to make some more room with angle grinder and now there is no risk that the coil gets in contact with the frame.

I weight about 94 kg and I try to keep my riding equipment as minimal as possible. I used 600 and 650 springs and someteimes even 550.

Posted: Mar 20, 2020 at 2:37 Quote
Hi - what rate spring are you using for your weight??
IDHI wrote:
Aburns70 wrote:
Finally got around to adding some new part to my meta! I have about two rides on the dhx2, it's feeling amazing without messing with the settings a whole lot. Just put the arc 30's with pro 4 hub's on last night. Going out for a long ride tomorrow to dial in the coil and test out the new wheels.

commencal meta v4
  commencal meta v4

commencal meta v4
  commencal meta v4

I'd be really interested to know if you feel that the dhx2 is progressive enough for the v4

Posted: Apr 24, 2020 at 14:07 Quote
Is there an updated/current list of compatible shocks that work (without modification) and are appropriately tuned for the V4? As others have noted the RS Monarch (Plus w/ Debonair on mine) feels terrible. I either bottom out on the smallest bumps or loose teeth it’s so rough, no matter the PSI or spacer count.

Was looking at the current Fox DPX2.

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 18:59 Quote
Days after days, my meta is ready, but is quarantine here.
Burgtec/Hope/Eagle

photo

Posted: Jun 3, 2020 at 7:41 Quote
BaGearA wrote:
Anyone fit A Fox DPX2 to A meta 4.0 ?

I think it has A high volume eyelet and I was wondering about clearence

hello mate,did you find solution for this? i`m facing same issue.

thanks

Posted: Aug 14, 2020 at 5:10 Quote
matthevv wrote:
BaGearA wrote:
Anyone fit A Fox DPX2 to A meta 4.0 ?

I think it has A high volume eyelet and I was wondering about clearence

hello mate,did you find solution for this? i`m facing same issue.

thanks

The DPX2 will fit in the V4 Frame.

Commencal Customer Service: "Yes, the DPX2 fits with your frame, but pay attention with the correct size. The Meta AM V4 2015 has a 200mm shock length and 57mm stroke, how in the metric sizes fox doesn’t have a 200x57 you need to buy the shock based on the imperial sizes. The imperial sizes that corresponds a 200x57 and fits with your frame is 7.875x2.25"

Hope this helps.

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 6:27 Quote
The Alpha rear hub that came on my V4 was fitted with an XD driver. I'd like to swap it out with a HG freehub. Anyone know where I can source one?

Edit; found one.

Posted: Jan 15, 2021 at 4:55 Quote
Hi everyone.

I'm in desperate need of a new shock for my V4. PB buy and sell has not many options for me.

So, if anyone has a shock to sell please DM me. (by the way, I'm from Brazil, but would gladly pay for transport)

ie: Fox DPX2 or any air shock with pig back (NOT monarch plus) or any coil shock that fits this bike
photo

Posted: Mar 19, 2021 at 1:21 Quote
I've just fitted a DVO Jade shock with a Canecreek progressive spring to my V4 now. This actully fits but it's a very tight fit.
Does anyone know if the shock move anything from side to side on this model?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017561
Mobile Version of Website