Meta V4 Owners Club

PB Forum :: Commencal
Meta V4 Owners Club
Posted: Apr 9, 2021 at 5:09 Quote
Someone have tried a mullet setup on Meta AM V4.2? Any feedback?

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 5:38 Quote
Hello, apologies if this has been done before, just wondering if anyone has found a decent alternative to the Meta frame cable grommet things? I'm in france and its 25€ for 6 of them from Commencal which seems a bit extreme!!. There are some Shimano ones that look similar but are too small I think.......thanks in advance

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 11:18 Quote
jons2000 wrote:
Hello, apologies if this has been done before, just wondering if anyone has found a decent alternative to the Meta frame cable grommet things? I'm in france and its 25€ for 6 of them from Commencal which seems a bit extreme!!. There are some Shimano ones that look similar but are too small I think.......thanks in advance

It depends how many you need, Nukeproof do a pack which contain a couple that fit the Meta.

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 13:04 Quote
commental wrote:
jons2000 wrote:

It depends how many you need, Nukeproof do a pack which contain a couple that fit the Meta.

looking to swap my brakes so 2 would do for now. Any idea which model to search for? Thanks

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 13:32 Quote
jons2000 wrote:
commental wrote:
jons2000 wrote:

looking to swap my brakes so 2 would do for now. Any idea which model to search for? Thanks

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/nukeproof-mega-carbon-internal-cable-kit-2018-2020/rp-prod172855

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 14:05 Quote
commental wrote:
jons2000 wrote:
commental wrote:

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/nukeproof-mega-carbon-internal-cable-kit-2018-2020/rp-prod172855

Great, thanks! I see there is a Vitus set as well that look likely, hard to know the size. Just have to spend another 45€ for free postage Smile

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 12:03 Quote
I'm sure you can find something you "need". lol

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 14:16 Quote
Hey guys, I have had my Meta AM v4 since october last year, been liking it; but has given me nightmares, having had many mechanical issues. I blew out monarch shocks twice ended up buying a DVO Topaz t3, way better than the monarchs, but I find thatcI bottom out a lot; I dont feel it but it is there, I'm running 5 volume spacers and 20 psi over recommended yet still bottom out. I kept breaking the screws that held in the shock, specially the one at the back, which I have now hacked with a stainless steal one that no longer breaks. Also could you tell me if the frame has 150mm of travel or 160, I have no clue due to some people saying 150 and other 160. I am too running a 170mm Lyric rc c1 so I dont know if that is a problem, the extra travel I mean, I am running 3 spacers inside, well 'was running' as I took it back to 2 spacers recently but I ran into some forum saying only 2 fit in, I now am scared to have damaged it. Also does anyone know the width of the rear axle? And could anyone tell me the diameter of the seat tube. With regards to the mechanical issues I had well let me tell you about them, as i said before, I broke some of the front shock axles, 2 to be exact, and 4 rear shock axles, I also broke the main pivot, one of the screw separated its top piece from the threads, and I had told my mates I was going out the next day to ride with them so I botched like a press for it, which fixed the issue for the time, but I did kot trust it so I ended ip buying the real piece, I might have broken ny reverb like 5 times and my groupset seams to degrade faster than normal but not mmtoo much, so I cant complain about that, I destroyed a dt swiss m1900 rim, and replaced it with a 40€ mavic rim which works wonders, and is way cheaper, its the exm 35 and its amazingly durable, feel like I should have broken it like 10 times already, I am running cushcore though so maybe that helps, I did get some bulges near the spoke nipples but I have been told not to worry, I really love this bike but I have a love hate relationship with it. Imágenes of it on my profile. I have a question: is it worth around 2000€?

Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 1:34 Quote
hi guys looking for a new rear axle for my v4. Is the pitch 1.5 or 1.75?

Posted: Apr 21, 2024 at 1:20 Quote
Do you guys think my 2016 Meta Am V4 could fit a coil? I know it's 200*57 and there's the RockShox Vivid R2C, but I'm concernd about the spring being too wide for the frame. Any tips?

Posted: Apr 21, 2024 at 3:15 Quote
b3nde wrote:
Do you guys think my 2016 Meta Am V4 could fit a coil? I know it's 200*57 and there's the RockShox Vivid R2C, but I'm concernd about the spring being too wide for the frame. Any tips?

If you go back a page (199) there are a couple of bikes with coils. Looks like Fox or Nukeproof (assuming you can source one) SLS springs fit.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013264
Mobile Version of Website