Meta V4 Owners Club

PB Forum :: Commencal
Meta V4 Owners Club
O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2016 at 14:10 Quote
DMal wrote:
Does anyone know what size socket could be used for the derailleur hanger nut?

I have been having some serious creaking issues with the derailleur hanger. It seems to require cleaning and greasing after each muddy ride. I have been using an adjustable crescent wrench, but a socket would make this job less annoying.

20mm

Posted: Jun 27, 2016 at 16:52 Quote
DMal wrote:
Does anyone know what size socket could be used for the derailleur hanger nut?

I have been having some serious creaking issues with the derailleur hanger. It seems to require cleaning and greasing after each muddy ride. I have been using an adjustable crescent wrench, but a socket would make this job less annoying.

I believe it's a 17mm bit I'll check when I get home in 45 min. I probably have the same creak as you and I remedied mine by greasing up the axle and threads

EDIT: Sorry, I was way off haha 20mm

Posted: Jun 30, 2016 at 8:04 Quote
Hey guys. Last night I took my rear swing arm apart and decided to properly torque all of the pivots to the low setting (10 Nm using craftsman micro-clicker torque wrench .1 Nm - 30 Nm range). After tightening the swing arm didn't oscillate up and down easily, pretty stiff. Have any of you torqued the rear end on this thing? What were the results?

Posted: Jun 30, 2016 at 13:40 Quote
sethnolan wrote:
Hey guys. Last night I took my rear swing arm apart and decided to properly torque all of the pivots to the low setting (10 Nm using craftsman micro-clicker torque wrench .1 Nm - 30 Nm range). After tightening the swing arm didn't oscillate up and down easily, pretty stiff. Have any of you torqued the rear end on this thing? What were the results?

I had noticed all the pivot points on my bike were super slack after about 3 rides so just nipped them up, don't know about tourqe. But there pretty tight and rear end still seems to boho up and down its stroke smoothly.
The rear end seems to be a nightmareonnthese bikes and super flexy

Posted: Jun 30, 2016 at 14:12 Quote
Aye mine came loose in no time too..tightened them up probably tighter than they should be...its then when you realise the cool looking design isn't the most convenient for tightening....also my rear shock came loose first week.

O+
Posted: Jun 30, 2016 at 16:27 Quote
sethnolan wrote:

I had that torque wrench for a while and it was complete crap, especially at lower settings such as what the pivots require.. If you're sure you put everything together properly I would be very suspect of that wrench. I checked my pivots out of the box, and periodically over the last year and they haven't come loose once.

Posted: Jun 30, 2016 at 16:30 Quote
PhoS wrote:
sethnolan wrote:

I had that torque wrench for a while and it was complete crap, especially at lower settings such as what the pivots require.. If you're sure you put everything together properly I would be very suspect of that wrench. I checked my pivots out of the box, and periodically over the last year and they haven't come loose once.

Thanks @Phos, I did get the feeling that it was over torquing and glad that you essentially confirmed my fears. I will be heading to the LBS to pick up a park tools torque wrench and go home and rebuild the rear end. I'll let you guys know how it pans out.

Posted: Jul 1, 2016 at 10:21 Quote
Hi guys....just an update for you. Looks like my frame is selling without the monarch + debonair shock so I have this available if anyone wants it....

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2016 at 20:43 Quote
Tossed the stock hoops and built up some Flow Mk3s on the Commie hubs. lol Banged them on some rocks to break em in. Whip

I cleaned my bike!!

photo

Posted: Jul 6, 2016 at 21:32 Quote
Hey everyone, I am looking at getting a meta v4 and am wondering if you guys could give me some info on how it rides? I am coming off a kona operator and want to get an all mountain bike that I can still ride downhill trails but also pedal some trails too. How is the bike riding nasty rock gardens? How does it jump? I have noticed some people saying that there is a lot of flex in the rear, does that effect the ride at all? Also, are there any negatives you can think of? Another choice I am looking at for the new rig is the new Nukeproof Mega 275. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Posted: Jul 7, 2016 at 0:00 Quote
I found it fine in rock gardens at Ft Bill but struggled at bits at speed on my normal dh trails. It's fine on dh if you aren't trying to kick it but definitely not a substitute for a dh rig. ...they sure do fly though!!!
Currently waiting on the new Operator coming out as definitely need both.
I'm definitely out a lot more on my bike though since getting the Meta!

Posted: Jul 7, 2016 at 4:31 Quote
allmountainripper wrote:
Hey everyone, I am looking at getting a meta v4 and am wondering if you guys could give me some info on how it rides? I am coming off a kona operator and want to get an all mountain bike that I can still ride downhill trails but also pedal some trails too. How is the bike riding nasty rock gardens? How does it jump? I have noticed some people saying that there is a lot of flex in the rear, does that effect the ride at all? Also, are there any negatives you can think of? Another choice I am looking at for the new rig is the new Nukeproof Mega 275. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I was in your position a few months ago.
I came from a strive to the meta v4.
The meta is way quicker and is very fun bike to ride.
I don't have a dh bike so use it for all riding. It defends better than my strive as I think the longer wheelbase helps but it also climbs A LOT better than my strive.
The only downside is the maintenance on them seems to be pretty regular, bu of you know what your doing I'm sure you'll manage.
Harder to get the front end up for manuals and get the rear end sideways but a blast for popping big hits and sailing down the trail.

Posted: Jul 7, 2016 at 5:24 Quote
Arod1 wrote:
allmountainripper wrote:

I don't have a dh bike so use it for all riding. It defends better than my strive as I think the longer wheelbase helps but it also climbs A LOT better than my strive.
The only downside is the maintenance on them seems to be pretty regular, bu of you know what your doing I'm sure you'll manage.
Harder to get the front end up for manuals and get the rear end sideways but a blast for popping big hits and sailing down the trail.

Thanks for the info! What areas of the bike does the maintenance center on? I usually tear my bikes down clean and regrease every 5-10 rides. Also, do you notice much flex in the rear end?

Posted: Jul 7, 2016 at 5:56 Quote
Oh if you're doing that kind of service, it'll be fine for a long time. The bearings next to the rear axle do tend to wear faster than the other ones, but other than that it's fine.

Tricky bit is to find something to put in the well at the bottom of the seat tube around the BB, as the open area is prone to getting full of mud on muddy days. Some use moto foam, some use some protection, I've got a protection made by a friend out of an old tube and some double sided tape, cut to shape (with the hole for the Reverb Big Grin )

Been on the DH bikes for a few weeks or months, can't wait to get back on the smaller bike Smile

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2016 at 6:22 Quote
allmountainripper wrote:
Arod1 wrote:
allmountainripper wrote:

Thanks for the info! What areas of the bike does the maintenance center on? I usually tear my bikes down clean and regrease every 5-10 rides. Also, do you notice much flex in the rear end?

I noticed considerable amount of flex with the stock Alpha rims. After I switched to Flow Ex rims the flex was gone. At first I thought it might be the frame, but after a new set of wheels, the flex was gone.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009878
Mobile Version of Website