Meta V4 Owners Club

PB Forum :: Commencal
Meta V4 Owners Club
Author Message
Posted: Jul 8, 2016 at 13:45 Quote
whats up fellas here is my build of my 2016 Meta V4 Race, actually I don't know how to upload the pic lol.

Posted: Jul 8, 2016 at 14:25 Quote
PhoS wrote:
joalst wrote:
170 sounds tempting but I need a long a low reach and stack even with 160. I just want to try a sturdier fork like the 36 or lyrik. I'd probably go for a 36 since a lyrik is way to similar to a pike lol

Anyone have experience with the float x with evol can on the Meta? I'm not entirely loving my monarch

You seriously feel like you're flexing the pike? If you get a longer a2c fork you can always lose a headset spacer or two to retain the same bar height. The xfusion sweep would could be nice. The floatx would be a good match for the Meta, you may or may not need the big can depending on your preference.

If you've ever ridden a 36 with a 20mm axle or the new lyrik, you'd understand that difference when compared to the Pike. I have nothing against the Pike at all but I'm always open to new ride characteristics on the Meta.

As far as bar height, I'm already bottomed out with a 65mm stem. I love it though. The short stem craze is a little overrated. I had a kona for a while with a 40mm and this meta came with a 50mm and I'm liking the 65mm the most. It's a little daunting on super steep trails but it's easy to adapt. I love the added weight on the front wheel to help with traction without having to lean too far forward.

The X-fusion would be cool I guess. I'm not a huge fan but I've heard decent things.

Posted: Jul 8, 2016 at 14:44 Quote
meta v4 tested and approved...

even with 9 broken spokes, the rear alpha wheel was still rideable.
with a loooot of smoothness, but no major damage.
replaced the broken ones, trued the rim, and the wheel is back to business.

the rest of the bikehandled the hole week of abuse and competition without any trouble

http://www.zapiks.fr/mountain-of-hell-2016-2.html

Posted: Jul 8, 2016 at 15:44 Quote
joalst wrote:
PhoS wrote:
joalst wrote:
170 sounds tempting but I need a long a low reach and stack even with 160. I just want to try a sturdier fork like the 36 or lyrik. I'd probably go for a 36 since a lyrik is way to similar to a pike lol

Anyone have experience with the float x with evol can on the Meta? I'm not entirely loving my monarch

You seriously feel like you're flexing the pike? If you get a longer a2c fork you can always lose a headset spacer or two to retain the same bar height. The xfusion sweep would could be nice. The floatx would be a good match for the Meta, you may or may not need the big can depending on your preference.

If you've ever ridden a 36 with a 20mm axle or the new lyrik, you'd understand that difference when compared to the Pike. I have nothing against the Pike at all but I'm always open to new ride characteristics on the Meta.

As far as bar height, I'm already bottomed out with a 65mm stem. I love it though. The short stem craze is a little overrated. I had a kona for a while with a 40mm and this meta came with a 50mm and I'm liking the 65mm the most. It's a little daunting on super steep trails but it's easy to adapt. I love the added weight on the front wheel to help with traction without having to lean too far forward.

The X-fusion would be cool I guess. I'm not a huge fan but I've heard decent things.

I've had a few 36s, totem, vengenance, etc, I cant say I have any major complaints about the stiffness of the pike when compared but its definitely not my favorite fork overall.The short stem thing hit when bikes were still too short, and its still highly geometry dependent. Xfusion are good people and they make good stuff. I've had many of their forks and they were always top notch. The stock setup for the v4 also had me way over the back but switching to a wider bar and moving a spacer made the difference I needed.

Posted: Jul 9, 2016 at 3:19 Quote
PhoS wrote:
joalst wrote:
PhoS wrote:


You seriously feel like you're flexing the pike? If you get a longer a2c fork you can always lose a headset spacer or two to retain the same bar height. The xfusion sweep would could be nice. The floatx would be a good match for the Meta, you may or may not need the big can depending on your preference.

If you've ever ridden a 36 with a 20mm axle or the new lyrik, you'd understand that difference when compared to the Pike. I have nothing against the Pike at all but I'm always open to new ride characteristics on the Meta.

As far as bar height, I'm already bottomed out with a 65mm stem. I love it though. The short stem craze is a little overrated. I had a kona for a while with a 40mm and this meta came with a 50mm and I'm liking the 65mm the most. It's a little daunting on super steep trails but it's easy to adapt. I love the added weight on the front wheel to help with traction without having to lean too far forward.

The X-fusion would be cool I guess. I'm not a huge fan but I've heard decent things.

I've had a few 36s, totem, vengenance, etc, I cant say I have any major complaints about the stiffness of the pike when compared but its definitely not my favorite fork overall.The short stem thing hit when bikes were still too short, and its still highly geometry dependent. Xfusion are good people and they make good stuff. I've had many of their forks and they were always top notch. The stock setup for the v4 also had me way over the back but switching to a wider bar and moving a spacer made the difference I needed.

Sweep hlr and vector work nice...

Posted: Jul 9, 2016 at 8:45 Quote
Meta
Meta
My Meta v4 essential with i9 wheels, raceface cranks (I bent the trs cranks) and now dvo topaz, and guide rsc (not in photo).

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 at 20:38 Quote
I just received my bike and the brakes are rubbing. Can anybody give me any tips on how to fix this issue?

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 at 22:06 Quote
joalst wrote:
Adjust them...
Easy way to to this: loosen bolts, spin your wheel and squeeze brakes. Then tighten bolts (I like to with brake still squeezed) and voila, aligned brakes. If problem persists, check to make sure your rotor is true or try process again. It could also be that your pistons are sticking out, possibly from replacing pads. In this case remove pads and push pistons back in, or clean the pistons with alcohol and push back in just because you have the chance and it will make them squeaky clean. Good luck!

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 at 7:35 Quote
thook wrote:
joalst wrote:
Adjust them...
Easy way to to this: loosen bolts, spin your wheel and squeeze brakes. Then tighten bolts (I like to with brake still squeezed) and voila, aligned brakes. If problem persists, check to make sure your rotor is true or try process again. It could also be that your pistons are sticking out, possibly from replacing pads. In this case remove pads and push pistons back in, or clean the pistons with alcohol and push back in just because you have the chance and it will make them squeaky clean. Good luck!

I'll try pushing the pistons back. Already tried loosening the bolts and squeezing the brakes then tightening them. It's just annoying because it came fresh out of the box like that. Maybe some worker in Taiwan pressed the brakes with the wheel not on.

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 at 8:46 Quote
Any suggestions on the number of bottomless rings in their Monarch plus ?
I ride mostly black trails and I was thinking maybe 3 or 4 .
Thanks

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 at 9:35 Quote
dunk2808 wrote:
Any suggestions on the number of bottomless rings in their Monarch plus ?
I ride mostly black trails and I was thinking maybe 3 or 4 .
Thanks

I routinely ride with 3 installed, still is pretty plush but no harsh bottom outs. if Im riding a bike park day or an enduro race I'll install 4 or 5 depending on terrain. I am also 190lbs and run my shock @ 230psi with 3 rings.

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 at 9:41 Quote
dunk2808 wrote:
Any suggestions on the number of bottomless rings in their Monarch plus ?
I ride mostly black trails and I was thinking maybe 3 or 4 .
Thanks

85kg fully equipped
4 bottomless rings
180psi
Not sure about the rebound though, needs some 14-15 clicks from fully open not to be insanely fast. I'm wondering if this is normal.

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 at 11:16 Quote
I'm having the same experience with the rebound with my monatch +. I'm running 5 bands, 230psi and I weigh 195 geared up. My trails range anywhere from high speed with some moderate hits to outright steeps. I noticed the bands helped the most with high speed over rocks and with bigger hits. I'm also running 3 tokens in the fork


 
Active Forum Threads
6 mins ago - Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
8 mins ago - Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
20 mins ago - Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
33 mins ago - Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
50 mins ago - Enduro saddles
1 hours ago - Orange Missile
1 hours ago - Water bottle/cage to fit 2018 Norco Sight 29r w/ piggyback shock
1 hours ago - The Whistler Thread
1 hours ago - RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread
1 hours ago - 100 (or more) days of biking in 2019
1 hours ago - The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
1 hours ago - E*Thirteen customer service was great this week concerning a cracked carbon rim
2 hours ago - Bikes with steepest seat angle
2 hours ago - Banshee Bikes, NS Bikes, YT Industries Bikes and Ragley Bikes need their own manufacturer forum on Pinkbike
2 hours ago - SRAM x5, did the dealer give me the wrong cassette
2 hours ago - Show your all mountain bike
2 hours ago - Sexiest Old-School DH Bike Out There
2 hours ago - What brakes are people running?
2 hours ago - dirt jumper or bmx and what size?
2 hours ago - Help me purchase a bike please
2 hours ago - Looking for a 21.5tt or longer frame or complete bmx (BMX)
3 hours ago - Show Off Your YT
3 hours ago - 2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
3 hours ago - Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion
3 hours ago - Are people really going for electric parts? Are they really the future?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023216
Mobile Version of Website