Trek session 88 FR fork? Boxxer or totem?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Trek session 88 FR fork? Boxxer or totem?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Apr 6, 2015 at 7:52 Quote
I have a 2009 trek session and two forks. Wanted to get your guys opinion.

Boxxer Rc w/ charger damper
Totem rc2dh coil

The bike was speced with a totem. Ran one before and liked it. Getting the charger damper this week for the boxxer. Its going to be a park bike/dh. Rear shock is a fox rc4.

The boxxer is currently a coil, I was also considering converting to the new solo air. What do you guys think?

Posted: Apr 8, 2015 at 15:31 Quote
I always prefered a single crown....
And the Totem is about as good as they get!

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2015 at 22:57 Quote
Eckstream1 wrote:
I always prefered a single crown....
And the Totem is about as good as they get!

Considering the casting plug install is not threading on as described in the rockshox video, I'm going to be running the totem most likely til I can sort this other piece out with boxxer.

O+
Posted: Apr 13, 2015 at 7:11 Quote
Put the boxxer on. Its amazing what suspension will do. Keeping the totem to try later. Still love single crowns.

Posted: Apr 17, 2015 at 5:06 Quote
You can style it up better with a single crown and the Totem is gnarly (once serviced and tuned)

Posted: Apr 18, 2015 at 12:51 Quote
If u like to do ''Tricks'' like barspin u cannot do with a dual crown but u already know that,but I already try both and know I have a boxxer and a 66 in my Demos and I can say that the Boxxer is fairly more plush in high speeds but in jumps I prefer the stiffness of the 66 but its my opinion.

So if u are a very fast rider put the boxxer. If u are a Jumps guy try the Totem Wink

Cheers Wink

O+
Posted: May 4, 2015 at 23:20 Quote
I just built up the boxxer. I'm going to get used to riding the dual crown. Will be keeping the totem for later just to try it. Since I've invested in the coil conversion already. Currently riding
photo
with the Boxxer (charger damper too) and the Fox RC4, it feels like riding on a couch. Now I just have to realize this bike will let me be stupid. Went over some rocks the other day thinking, "This is a bad idea, I'm not supposed to do this." It rode over it like nothing. Thanks for the input guys.

Changes since this photo - heat shedding pads, 34T chain ring. She might get a magic mary on the rear too.
Eric

2009 Trek Session 88 FR

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021201
Mobile Version of Website