The Hydro-Gyro from Atomlab.

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The Hydro-Gyro from Atomlab.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 7:02 Quote
It's now out. Atomlab are building a in association with Bengal disc brakes, you can buy seperatly the hydro gyro, that works with normal hydraulic hoses.

Here it is:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/6521/hydrogyrogt4.png
Click here to see the complete specs.

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 7:05 Quote
We had those in the early 80s, they sucked. That is why we heve the gyro.

BTW, it's called a rotor.

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 7:10 Quote
ricar wrote:

Do you understand that in the 80s, there were no hydraulic brakes.. And it's not called a rotor.. It's the hydro gyro..

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 7:11 Quote
I would like to see how it compares to the Trixor one; Trixor = 23mm stack height / Atomlab = 25mm stack height - Looks interesting, although less stack height is preferred with most people. One flaw the Trixor gyro has/had was that it would 'sweat', and need oil refilling every month or so, hope this one doesn't suffer that. I love barspins and hydros as well, might get one...............

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 7:17 Quote
Perfect... I have 30mm in spacers under my stem. As well as 740mm bars, love to see you throw bar spins on my bike if I had this and Hydraulic brakes.

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 11:12 Quote
rigodon777 wrote:
ricar wrote:

Do you understand that in the 80s, there were no hydraulic brakes.. And it's not called a rotor.. It's the hydro gyro..

You're an arrogant little man eh?

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 11:20 Quote
rigodon777 wrote:
ricar wrote:

they call it the HydroTwist Wink

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 11:53 Quote
I think its pretty sweet its not big and ugly like some prototypes and it works for any hydro hose

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 12:28 Quote
i dont think its THAT cool..

the best rims out there are the atomlab ones..the pimp series and the GI. now there is no more GI street, they were awesome..

all that stupid shit like the atomlab fork , their cheapass tires and that new gyro makes atomlab look uglier..

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 12:54 Quote
ricar wrote:
rigodon777 wrote:
ricar wrote:

Arrogant or not.... he does have a point. It IS called the hydro twister, no matter what you try to say. You could always have a fight with the guys at atomlab.

And as far as I'm aware, he's right about not having hydraulic brakes on cycles in the '80s.
Sram made a hydraulic disc (powerdisc) in 1994.
On the Hayes website, it states the creation of the HFX Mag in 1997.
Unfortunately, I can't find a date for the creation of hyrdaulic rim brakes, but I'll wait for you to prove me wrong, and tell me how hydraulic brakes were fitted to bicycles before the '90s, as well as having a gyro system small enough to fit to a bicycle.

Maybe you're getting confused with the cable operated rotor/gyro/whatever you want to call them systems, that have been on bmx's since the 80's, but again, unfortunately I can't easily find a date of creation.

edited to add... i'd be quite happy to be proved wrong. find me something convincing!tup

edited again, because I'm a mong and my eyes somehow made hydro twister into hydro gyro.

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 13:03 Quote
mattf wrote:
ricar wrote:
rigodon777 wrote:

Arrogant or not.... he does have a point. It IS called the hydro gyro, no matter what you try to say. You could always have a fight with the guys at atomlab.

And as far as I'm aware, he's right about not having hydraulic brakes on cycles in the '80s.
Sram made a hydraulic disc (powerdisc) in 1994.
On the Hayes website, it states the creation of the HFX Mag in 1997.
Unfortunately, I can't find a date for the creation of hyrdaulic rim brakes, but I'll wait for you to prove me wrong, and tell me how hydraulic brakes were fitted to bicycles before the '90s, as well as having a gyro system small enough to fit to a bicycle.

Maybe you're getting confused with the cable operated rotor/gyro/whatever you want to call them systems, that have been on bmx's since the 80's, but again, unfortunately I can't easily find a date of creation.

edited to add... i'd be quite happy to be proved wrong. find me something convincing!tup

to bad you didnt read spongebombs post cause they cant use gyro as its name. As gyro ia a company its the hydro twist but thanx for putting your 2 cents in cause i was going to do the same to that guy but didnt have the time to research as much as you did

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 15:45 Quote
this forum didnt get very far

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 15:56 Quote
now stop argueing and drool over how cool this thing is!

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 16:09 Quote
jeff-hurd wrote:
now stop argueing and drool over how cool this thing is!

They stopped arguing several months ago you moron.

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 16:47 Quote
Borgschulze wrote:
Perfect... I have 30mm in spacers under my stem. As well as 740mm bars, love to see you throw bar spins on my bike if I had this and Hydraulic brakes.

i can bar 29"...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010793
Mobile Version of Website