"Sexiest" Singlespeed FR/DH Bike Thread. (What and How-To included)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
"Sexiest" Singlespeed FR/DH Bike Thread. (What and How-To included)
Posted: Apr 25, 2018 at 10:49 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
Photo on my profile of an X9 set up like that. Think it's posted here a few pages back
Edit too slow

Any bike shop that doesn't stock them will have loads of old ones lying about

We barely ever have any lying around hahaha. Got a massive shed to hunt through old stuff though.

Also, send me a message on Facebook or something if you're after a spacer xxx

Posted: Apr 29, 2018 at 12:15 Quote
Can a 10 speed front chainring (zee) work in a single speed setup using a 5-8 speed chain? I wanna try this out, allready have full zee drivetrain, it's a hardtail so no problems with chain falling, now in a 1x10 chain is shortened for 4-5 links (don't really remember how much) and even with a clutch off it is tensioned to max in all gears...so will a chain which binds with ss cog make problems with zee front chainring?

Posted: May 5, 2018 at 13:08 Quote
My Reichmann RIP3 with SB One chain tensioner

Posted: May 7, 2018 at 2:39 Quote
Muellbeutel wrote:

are the SB1 tensioners any good? looking at getting one as my mech doesn't work great as a tensioner but its a big investment.

Posted: May 7, 2018 at 12:53 Quote
Take it. ;-) I think the sb1 one are the best chain tensioner you will get for a dh bike.

Posted: May 7, 2018 at 17:10 Quote
Dmrbikes85211 wrote:
Muellbeutel wrote:

are the SB1 tensioners any good? looking at getting one as my mech doesn't work great as a tensioner but its a big investment.

They seem to be really well made. No idea how reliable they are but a friend of mine is happy with his.

The bike looks awesome, better than the Solids.

Posted: May 15, 2018 at 19:04 Quote
That is disgustingly nice.. Lack of bash guard bothers me just a tiny bit Big Grin

Posted: May 28, 2018 at 20:24 Quote
Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the pointers and info on this thread. I recently went to Single Speed on my old DH bike after having shifting issues and love it. I went with the Shimano Alfine Tensioner and a 17T cog. I'm currently experimenting with this and may drop down to a 16T or go to a 32/34T Chainring up front (currently 36T).

Norco A-Line Single speed

Posted: Jun 9, 2018 at 23:32 Quote
Heres my Polygon Colossus DHX with a Saint derailleur as a chain tensioner.
Polygon Colossus DH My first 27.5 bike running it single speed for extra dhness new bars are on their way

Posted: Jun 12, 2018 at 23:13 Quote
My Yeti 303RDH. 34x13. I played around with the gear ratio a bit on it, and this is the sweet spot for the kind of riding I do on this bike. Simple and super fun to ride. Converting it to single speed has given new life to this bike.

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 11:24 Quote
Nice, are those custom decals on the fork?

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 15:04 Quote
False wrote:
Nice, are those custom decals on the fork?

They are. Slik Graphics.

Posted: Jul 15, 2018 at 14:17 Quote
Used DMR singlespeed kit with 16t in the rear, running 36t up front. Probably gonna switch to a 14t in rear for more top speed, overall really pleased with using Zee as tensioner Smile Smile Smile

Posted: Jul 16, 2018 at 4:46 Quote
That is smexcy!

Good to see we have same chainstay guards and similar taste in wheels. :-D

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.032110
Mobile Version of Website