"Sexiest" Singlespeed FR/DH Bike Thread. (What and How-To included)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
"Sexiest" Singlespeed FR/DH Bike Thread. (What and How-To included)
Posted: Jan 25, 2019 at 14:48 Quote
fullbug wrote:
Airdynamic wrote:
fullbug wrote:

are they for dh smaller cogs only? Curious what’s max cog t?

Yes I think so. In the "manual" it shows 14T as max and when you purchase from their website you only get the option of 13 T or 14T

bummer. pricey but looks really well executed.

Just received mine in the post, says it’ll work with up to a 17t.

Needed one for mine as the XD SS conversion kit smallest cog is a 16t, tried an old beat GX mech first which lasted one run, then ordered the Rohloff which seemed solid but didn’t have the adjustment needed for my bike, so bit the bullet and went for the SB. Seems solid and very well made, much stronger spring in it compared to the others too.

Single speed XD

Posted: Apr 2, 2019 at 16:01 Quote
Im trying to convert my 2017 Trek Session 8 into a single speed. I have a 36t chain ring and a 16t rear cog. For the chain tensioner im trying to use my sram gx 7 speed derailleur which came on the bike but when i got to pedal it keeps wanting to shift and making a weird noise. I got a longer alignment screw and its aligned properly. I even put in a old piece of cable but it still does that. Can add pictures if wanted.

Posted: Apr 3, 2019 at 1:46 Quote
Dawsonmorgs04 wrote:
Im trying to convert my 2017 Trek Session 8 into a single speed. I have a 36t chain ring and a 16t rear cog. For the chain tensioner im trying to use my sram gx 7 speed derailleur which came on the bike but when i got to pedal it keeps wanting to shift and making a weird noise. I got a longer alignment screw and its aligned properly. I even put in a old piece of cable but it still does that. Can add pictures if wanted.

My guess is that the chain line is off. It needs to be the same as the chainring. A few mm can make a difference. Also make sure you have a cog that is meant for single speed, and not one for shifting. Single speed cogs have higher teeth so the chain is less likely to fall off. A Third thing to to is to adjust the b-screw of the derailleur so that the upper pulley wheel is as close as possible to the cog.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 2:11 Quote
Maxxxxxx wrote:
fullbug wrote:
Airdynamic wrote:

Yes I think so. In the "manual" it shows 14T as max and when you purchase from their website you only get the option of 13 T or 14T

bummer. pricey but looks really well executed.

Needed one for mine as the XD SS conversion kit smallest cog is a 16t, tried an old beat GX mech first which lasted one run, then ordered the Rohloff which seemed solid but didn’t have the adjustment needed for my bike, so bit the bullet and went for the SB. Seems solid and very well made, much stronger spring in it compared to the others too.

Where can i buy a zingle speed tensioner ?

Single speed XD

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 11:39 Quote
has anyone transformed a gx dh 7speed rear derailleur to single speed?
thanks!!

Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 0:06 Quote
26" and single speed all the way !

Trek Session 9.8 2014

Trek Session 9.8 - SB1 Single Speed

Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 8:19 Quote
Holy crap stoler that thing is a beauty!

Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 9:40 Quote
jazorblast wrote:
Holy crap stoler that thing is a beauty!

Posted: Jun 29, 2019 at 4:24 Quote
Thanks Smile and amazingly fun to ride !

Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 20:34 Quote
Classy as hell, @Stoler!

Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 20:48 Quote
New cheaper version 75 euros, SB One Device.
New cheaper SB One chain device.

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 5:43 Quote
Maxxxxxx wrote:

Hi , i'm also thinking to buy the sb1 boner.
On theyr site it says that the chainline is adjustable , but do you think it will be possible to have 2/3 rear cogs and switch beetween them whit an allen key before dropping in?
Ideally i would have 1/2 cogs and a neutral gear
It seems that you can move the tensioner left/right by putting an allen key at the center of the Loose Riders logo, right ?
Can you also post a full photo of the instruction manual ?
thanks

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 10:26 Quote
Code98 wrote:
Maxxxxxx wrote:

Hi , i'm also thinking to buy the sb1 boner.
On theyr site it says that the chainline is adjustable , but do you think it will be possible to have 2/3 rear cogs and switch beetween them whit an allen key before dropping in?
Ideally i would have 1/2 cogs and a neutral gear
It seems that you can move the tensioner left/right by putting an allen key at the center of the Loose Riders logo, right ?
Can you also post a full photo of the instruction manual ?
thanks

here is the documentation of the g3

https://i.postimg.cc/pr3NmKq5/documentation-english-lowres.jpg

You can slide the tensioner inward and outward by loosening the 'clamp for stepless alignment of the sprocket'. But if you switch between sprockets you should also adjust the gap between the upper pulley and the sprocket. I can imagine it would be a bit tedious to do that each ride.

The hole in the logo in the 2019 version is for adjusting the clutch mechanism. This puts friction on the link by which the cage can bounce back an forth.

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 9:42 Quote
hairy-g wrote:
As promised, singlespeed polygon. Just in need of a crown race and also wouldn't mind some wider bars.
Polygon
Might as well whore them both Wink
Commy and Polygon

Don't you use a chainguide?

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 13:10 Quote
simonklaassen wrote:
hairy-g wrote:
As promised, singlespeed polygon. Just in need of a crown race and also wouldn't mind some wider bars.

Don't you use a chainguide?
These bikes were from about 4 years ago, I believe I did run one, just the sad reality being I probably couldn't afford one at the time, the narrow wide did a good job of keeping the chain on anyway

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022410
Mobile Version of Website