"Sexiest" Singlespeed FR/DH Bike Thread. (What and How-To included)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
"Sexiest" Singlespeed FR/DH Bike Thread. (What and How-To included)
Posted: Sep 9, 2020 at 19:57 Quote
ybsurf wrote:
b-mack wrote:
ybsurf wrote:
Hey just set up my rohloff dh tensioner still with my cassette while I wait for my spacers and 13 cog, it worked good but now when back pedalling its kind clunky now. It feels like the tensioner is too close to cassette cog, would the single cog fix the problem? Or do the tensioner need to be longer on the mount? Thanks

If the upper wheel isn't actually touching the cassette cog then it's probably just that your chainline isn't perfect (if it is touching just rotate it down a little until it isn't). When you get your spacer and cog kit you should be able to dial in the chainline so theres no issues backpedaling. The long arm isn't necessary and only makes it more likely the chain will jump off.

Thanks yeah it was touching my cassette, it happen sometimes is it normal? Maybe my single cog ans spacer will avoid that? No big deal though just need to carry an Allen key and readjust once in a while.

Just crank that bolt down tight and it shouldn't move. When a bolt is new it stretches some after the first tightening so it may have slipped, but after that just make it good and tight and it should stay put. A tiny bit of blue loctite will cure it if it doesn't.

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 17:53 Quote
Well add another Zingle speed to the DH world! Can't add pictures at the moment. Using the pictures in this post I gave it a shot. Was pretty simple and straight forward. For anyone trying this .. basically all you are doing is cutting out the center swingarm stuff. You just need to leave the hanger and actual jockey wheel section untouched and save one pin in the process to connect the two pieces back together. I'm not sure if anyone else ran into this issue...but I had to shave down the pivot area on the hanger section so it would fit into the tensioner section. Before I realized this I tried to press the pin back in and it wouldn't line up all the way through. After fixing that ..it's awesome.

Posted: Oct 2, 2020 at 12:56 Quote
Apologies if it's already been posted, but search suggested otherwise.

https://www.starlingcycles.com/starling-cycles-sturn/

photo

New models have a super neat eccentric dropout, so no need for any jockey wheel.

Posted: Oct 5, 2020 at 1:40 Quote
photo

Finished my Status 160 single speed build.
If anyone is interested in more pics, there's more here: https://www.vitalmtb.com/community/damisch,51550/setup,42613?ptab

O+
Posted: Oct 5, 2020 at 7:03 Quote
Looks rad! Tell me more about the finish/paint! I’m considering refinishing my Patrol and this looks sweeeet.

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 5:45 Quote
Hello guys,i've want to get Singlespeed in my Kona Stinky Primo 2007

The thing is,i ocasionally use my kona in the city and in rare ocasions,i climb little uphills,will Singlespeed do the work?

Also,can someone indicate me some components/tools i should get? I don't have any tools avaliable so i need to buy them

Thanks for the help =)

Posted: Oct 29, 2020 at 17:08 Quote
42creative wrote:
photo

Finished my Status 160 single speed build.
If anyone is interested in more pics, there's more here: https://www.vitalmtb.com/community/damisch,51550/setup,42613?ptab

Mean as build. Is the Bomber shock the same length as the original Fox, are you getting a bit more travel from it?

Posted: Nov 1, 2020 at 11:32 Quote
subbed, nice work chaps!

Posted: Dec 12, 2020 at 16:21 Quote
photo

My kona stinky primo from 2007
Got lots of work,but still it needs some upgrades

O+
Posted: Dec 12, 2020 at 16:33 Quote
Oldie but a goodie!

Posted: Dec 13, 2020 at 20:37 Quote
Ferral1985 wrote:
photo

Rock that classic man! The beauty of single speed DH is that you're not chasing podiums or the latest tech...just out to have a blast on your DH rig and keep it simple. It's like longboarding or surfing...its just flow and fun!

Posted: Dec 13, 2020 at 20:40 Quote
phutphutend wrote:
Apologies if it's already been posted, but search suggested otherwise.

https://www.starlingcycles.com/starling-cycles-sturn/

photo

New models have a super neat eccentric dropout, so no need for any jockey wheel.

Ah Phutphut....that's pure sex. If you're still making them when I need a new rig I'm doing it. Steel and dedicated single speed DH is the stuff of dreams.

Posted: Dec 17, 2020 at 15:00 Quote
Ferral1985 wrote:
photo

Mint. Like those late 2000's Stinkys.

Posted: Dec 27, 2020 at 14:34 Quote
All these bikes are rad

Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 6:35 Quote
Michael-co wrote:
All these bikes are rad
Absolutely, this is one of my favorite threads on pb

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012264
Mobile Version of Website