"Sexiest" Singlespeed FR/DH Bike Thread. (What and How-To included)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
"Sexiest" Singlespeed FR/DH Bike Thread. (What and How-To included)
Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 11:42 Quote
Anyone attempted to zingle speed a GX mech?

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 18:24 Quote
yes, i posted about it a few pages back witch pictures.
Achmaro wrote:

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 22:59 Quote
mrfrench2013 wrote:
Achmaro wrote:

Is it possible to get some sort of how to instructions?

It’d be greatly appreciated.

Posted: Jan 12, 2021 at 4:38 Quote
I don't have pictures but basically drill and press out the two pins holding the unit together, then line the jockey/tensior piece up with the mount you'll see you need to remove some material (compare my pics to your derailleur and you'll see quickly what i removed). I used a hack saw and cut the mount along the groove where the spring was for the arms, filed both pieces so they mounted flat with each other, and bolted together. The chain line should end up directly in line with the chainring if you do it right. This is on the 10 speed derailleur, it may be different for other ones so you may need to play around with it.

Achmaro wrote:
mrfrench2013 wrote:
Achmaro wrote:

Is it possible to get some sort of how to instructions?

It’d be greatly appreciated.

Posted: Jan 31, 2021 at 10:50 Quote
dirch wrote:
What options are out there for spring loaded chain tensioners?

Reverse Components just came out with a single speed kit and it includes a spring loaded tensioner that looks like a bit like a tiny derailer. It's one of their recently released items along a crown race that slacks the head tube by -1°, adds 10mm to stack height and doesn't effect any other Geo at all, a sag measuring device for coil shocks and some other cool parts

Posted: Jan 31, 2021 at 12:35 Quote
Trialtech. They work awesome.

Posted: Feb 1, 2021 at 3:54 Quote
Singlespeed DH Bike Project.
Problem Solvers CH0900 Chain Tensioner w adjustable chainline 2-pulley.
Straight chainline on SS DH Bike.

Hi folks, this my 2020 NS Fuzz with Problem Solvers two-pulley chain tensioner.

Posted: Feb 1, 2021 at 5:09 Quote
jeez, that doesn't bind up through the suspension travel with the chain being so tight?
Twelve740 wrote:
Singlespeed DH Bike Project.
Problem Solvers CH0900 Chain Tensioner w adjustable chainline 2-pulley.
Straight chainline on SS DH Bike.

Hi folks, this my 2020 NS Fuzz with Problem Solvers two-pulley chain tensioner.

Posted: Feb 1, 2021 at 7:03 Quote
mrfrench2013 wrote:
jeez, that doesn't bind up through the suspension travel with the chain being so tight?

Actually it's not too tight man.

Posted: Feb 1, 2021 at 11:13 Quote
Twelve740 wrote:
mrfrench2013 wrote:

Actually it's not too tight man.

Fair play, my first thought was that it looks as if it would snap the tensioner at compression but guess it must have very minimal chain growth. Looks like a sick rig mate

Posted: Feb 1, 2021 at 14:52 Quote
Brakeless? I'd dig a brakeless, singlespeed, freeride/jib bike since I'm 6'4" and never really escaped the bmx phase. Rad build, I would love to own a bike like that one day.

Posted: Feb 1, 2021 at 20:38 Quote
Joebohobo wrote:
Fair play, my first thought was that it looks as if it would snap the tensioner at compression but guess it must have very minimal chain growth. Looks like a sick rig mate

Thanx mate! This built is for 2021 season.

Posted: Feb 1, 2021 at 20:40 Quote
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:
Brakeless? I'd dig a brakeless, singlespeed, freeride/jib bike since I'm 6'4" and never really escaped the bmx phase. Rad build, I would love to own a bike like that one day.

Cheers man!

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 13:57 Quote
After riding with a modified Sram GX derailleur last year I'm jumping to a dedicated tensioner (basically because it looks cooler, its german, and its 2 ounces lighter woohoo). As for the set up, is the consensus to run the chain as tight as possible so that the idler pulleys are inline with the chain (such as the NS just posted above) or do I set the chain length to the point where it just puts the idlers under tension and the tensioner is in more of a traditional derailleur cage position? Ive seen both here but not much talk about it and the benefits of cons/benefits of either.
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019031
Mobile Version of Website