"Sexiest" Singlespeed FR/DH Bike Thread. (What and How-To included)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
"Sexiest" Singlespeed FR/DH Bike Thread. (What and How-To included)
Posted: Mar 13, 2021 at 8:56 Quote
That’s good to know. I’ve been eying a SB One for a while but have trouble justifying that price....plus I’m not a huge fan of clutches as they damp the the small bump sensitivity of the rear suspension. Might have to try the Boner.
nojzilla wrote:
I'm running my boner set up, no guide. Just a bash ring an just a regular Zee ring.
Chain hasn't dropped once.
The retention spring is that strong

Posted: Mar 14, 2021 at 14:57 Quote
Just installed the Reverse Components tensioner. Tension wasn't as strong as I was hoping for but we'll see how it works out.

Posted: Mar 18, 2021 at 15:47 Quote
Just finishing up a bike for my wife to ride at a park with me. Mostly did the build for me haha! Got a SBone boner for the tensioner very happy with the quality but the first one I received had a issue and I ended up having to make a small part that was missing from new. Took a little while to source all the components for the bike but we'll worth the experience.
finishing up the wife s Single speed

Posted: Mar 24, 2021 at 6:23 Quote
Does anybody have experience with using a freecoaster? I am planning on using one for my next build, but was just wondering if there was anything special I should do to ensure that it works well.

Posted: Mar 24, 2021 at 9:31 Quote
Been a minute since I've been running it but I finally did the full Zee single-speed conversion, removing all lateral movement from the derailly. Been running for more than a year now and no dropped chains. I love how it looks and works, I'm a sucker for a symmetrical cockpit and less wires is better.

2017 Norco Aurum

2017 Norco Aurum Zee Singlespeed

2017 Norco Aurum

Posted: Apr 9, 2021 at 13:18 Quote
27.5”/26” GT Sanction

Posted: Apr 13, 2021 at 19:39 Quote
Achmaro wrote:
27.5”/26” GT Sanction

Wow! Love it. How much travel is in the front/ rear

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 1:39 Quote
p-m-z wrote:
Achmaro wrote:
27.5”/26” GT Sanction

Standard Sanction travel, 160/180.

Posted: May 27, 2021 at 5:45 Quote
Anyone want an SB ONE tensioner brand new in the package? I have one sitting here I am not using, it was about $190 shipped from Germany, I'll sell it for $120 to you guys. Let me know.

https://www.sbonebikeparts.com/sb-one-chain-tensioner/chain-tensioner-boner.html

Posted: May 29, 2021 at 16:47 Quote
Achmaro wrote:
p-m-z wrote:
Achmaro wrote:
27.5”/26” GT Sanction

Rad! How does it ride compared to its original stock set-up?

Posted: May 29, 2021 at 22:52 Quote
streetkvnt-kvlt wrote:
Achmaro wrote:
p-m-z wrote:

Rad! How does it ride compared to its original stock set-up?

Night and day, I swapped the stock cranks to 165mm to have a bit more clearance.
The longer forks and smaller wheel have slackened it a great deal(i believe the HA is around 64° now) so it feels quite stable on higher speeds and because of the lower bb it corners like a dream.

Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 7:47 Quote
Always prefer SS bikes, and jack shafts are my thing (have a Brooklyn RC and a Zerode G2), but interested in a modern bike that would use a tensioner, but with minimal movement.

Can anybody name some frames which have the least chain growth? Obviously there are concentric BB pivots which are rare; a single pivot would have to be as close to the BB as poss, and a 4 bar/virtual pivot would have the same requirements but are just a little harder to work out the centre of curvature.

Thanks

Posted: Jun 2, 2021 at 4:37 Quote

Yee and possibly even Haw

Posted: Jun 3, 2021 at 22:44 Quote
I got a zingle speed for my bike but the chain seems to skip under load. My cassette spacers are two pieces so there isn’t much room to align the cog with the derailleur.

Is it just a matter of getting some finer adjustment spacers and the chain skip should resolve?

Posted: Jun 3, 2021 at 22:47 Quote
BB spacers will fit as cassette spacers for some fine tuning

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012378
Mobile Version of Website