"Sexiest" Singlespeed FR/DH Bike Thread. (What and How-To included)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
"Sexiest" Singlespeed FR/DH Bike Thread. (What and How-To included)
Author Message
Posted: Jun 5, 2021 at 15:53 Quote
Frame showed up yesterday after being on order since September. Built up today, fingers crossed I get it out for a shakedown tomorrow!

Posted: Jun 7, 2021 at 12:20 Quote
Built up my undead

275/26 mullet
singlespeed

First ride was excellent this weekend.




Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 11:50 Quote
Anyone knows if you can use a single speed chain with the reverse colab tensioner?

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 5:09 Quote
Achmaro wrote:
Anyone knows if you can use a single speed chain with the reverse colab tensioner?
As in a bmx spaced chain? half link or similar?

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 5:22 Quote
TheMountainViking wrote:
Achmaro wrote:
Anyone knows if you can use a single speed chain with the reverse colab tensioner?
As in a bmx spaced chain? half link or similar?

The one meant to be run with their single speed kit cog

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 3:18 Quote
Here’s my Stab jus clean and simple!
I can’t post the picture… will work on getting it up as soon as possible!
Sorry
Damon

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 4:19 Quote
Brakeless because I'm lazy, not because I have a death wish.


Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 5:39 Quote
CoreyGun wrote:
Brakeless because I'm lazy, not because I have a death wish.


Aw come on, if the BMX guys can ride brakeless so can you. Jokes aside, that's a pretty sweet build!

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 22:12 Quote
nojzilla wrote:
BB spacers will fit as cassette spacers for some fine tuning

Thanks for the tip, I got the chain lined up but the problem persists. I now feel like the problem is my 11 speed chain is too narrow for the single speed cog, thus skipping. Did you all get single speed chains to run with this set up?

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 23:55 Quote
Cable74 wrote:
nojzilla wrote:
BB spacers will fit as cassette spacers for some fine tuning

Thanks for the tip, I got the chain lined up but the problem persists. I now feel like the problem is my 11 speed chain is too narrow for the single speed cog, thus skipping. Did you all get single speed chains to run with this set up?

sure you havent got a BMX width cog?
I run KMC 9speed chains. Shouldn't be a need for a single speed specific chain if you have all MTB stuff. Or legs like an olympic sprinter!!
9,10 & 11 speed chains should work

Posted: Jun 12, 2021 at 15:54 Quote
nojzilla wrote:
Cable74 wrote:
nojzilla wrote:
BB spacers will fit as cassette spacers for some fine tuning

Thanks for the tip, I got the chain lined up but the problem persists. I now feel like the problem is my 11 speed chain is too narrow for the single speed cog, thus skipping. Did you all get single speed chains to run with this set up?

sure you havent got a BMX width cog?
I run KMC 9speed chains. Shouldn't be a need for a single speed specific chain if you have all MTB stuff. Or legs like an olympic sprinter!!
9,10 & 11 speed chains should work
I suspect thats the issue. The chain doesn't slip onto the single speed cog very easily. Thanks!

Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 16:08 Quote
spaceofades wrote:
Frame showed up yesterday after being on order since September. Built up today, fingers crossed I get it out for a shakedown tomorrow!

Underrated freeride rig right here

Posted: Jun 17, 2021 at 5:28 Quote
Minor updates

Small updates on the Gambler

Posted: Jun 20, 2021 at 15:44 Quote
Blew up the gx derailleur on my glory last week. Trying to simplify (and stay cheap)the whole dh and shuttle thing in my life.

I see all the sweet boner and reverse setups, anyone running an alfine ziptied up to the chainstay? Thoughts?


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008694
Mobile Version of Website