"Sexiest" Singlespeed FR/DH Bike Thread. (What and How-To included)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
"Sexiest" Singlespeed FR/DH Bike Thread. (What and How-To included)
Posted: May 18, 2022 at 15:11 Quote
How do you post pictures?

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 15:28 Quote
ybsurf wrote:
How do you post pictures?

lol like this one?

Salute

Edit: I’m only using a smartphone - desktop version of site

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 16:16 Quote
Yep like this one lol got me scared for a bit I though I got hacked but then remembered it's in my profile.

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 16:33 Quote
ybsurf wrote:
Yep like this one lol got me scared for a bit I though I got hacked but then remembered it's in my profile.

Best way to illustrate , plus, your bikes worthy

Posted: May 22, 2022 at 14:17 Quote
Hello, sorry I ask here.

Clutch or spring of my Sram DH on my Commencal Furious went to sh*t and I lose tension so chain is slapping like hell. I ride only parks, so I decide I will put single speed only instead of a new derailleur. I understand I will put only one cog with spacers to my back wheel, front will be the same 34t chainring. But do I need some special tensioner? Or is it okey if I use some Shimano Alfine one? Thanks

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 5:00 Quote
Woko-O wrote:
Hello, sorry I ask here.

Clutch or spring of my Sram DH on my Commencal Furious went to sh*t and I lose tension so chain is slapping like hell. I ride only parks, so I decide I will put single speed only instead of a new derailleur. I understand I will put only one cog with spacers to my back wheel, front will be the same 34t chainring. But do I need some special tensioner? Or is it okey if I use some Shimano Alfine one? Thanks

The Alfine is one of the worst because it has no side to side adjustment. You want your cog aligned with the chainring and the tensioner on the same line with the two. Any rear mech can do the job if fixed by adjuster screws and a small cable piece mounted to keep it in line with the cog.

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 14:20 Quote
Cool. I will buy the Zee mech. What do you mean with cable piece mounted please?

I mean I read it here but I have no idea how it is meant to be. Photo would be great if anyone has.

Thanks

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 4:54 Quote
quick question,

building a single speed downhill bike

shimano hg with sb one boner and hd shingle speed sprocket, shimano m825 cranks and 36t chain ring. What chain would you guys recommend?

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 6:10 Quote
Woko-O wrote:
Cool. I will buy the Zee mech. What do you mean with cable piece mounted please?

I mean I read it here but I have no idea how it is meant to be. Photo would be great if anyone has.

Thanks

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 6:23 Quote
Oh, okey cool. Now I got it. I did not know you need to use barrel adjuster at the end. Thanks!

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 23:13 Quote
Woko-O wrote:
Oh, okey cool. Now I got it. I did not know you need to use barrel adjuster at the end. Thanks!

You don't need to, but it helps with the fine tunning of the alignment. I have just the normal end of the cable and adjusted it directly from the hex screw.

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 8:37 Quote
Soupherb wrote:

What brakes are those?

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 11:14 Quote
noakeabean wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

What brakes are those?

Braking Brakes

https://instagram.com/brakingbrakes?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 2:48 Quote

Ok, maybe not the sexiest bike out there

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010471
Mobile Version of Website