"Sexiest" Singlespeed FR/DH Bike Thread. (What and How-To included)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
"Sexiest" Singlespeed FR/DH Bike Thread. (What and How-To included)
Posted: May 5, 2023 at 13:26 Quote
nevermind I stand corrected

Posted: May 5, 2023 at 23:29 Quote
Yup profile 165mm. half the price of e wings and three times the weight

Posted: May 8, 2023 at 9:38 Quote
jamesdorrett wrote:
u can not go wrong with profile cranks

Posted: May 8, 2023 at 9:48 Quote
nickmalysh wrote:
jamesdorrett wrote:

Hmmmm many years of BMX an there's PLENTY of cranks I'd rather use than profile.

Posted: May 8, 2023 at 12:03 Quote
naptime wrote:
nickmalysh wrote:
jamesdorrett wrote:

Hmmmm many years of BMX an there's PLENTY of cranks I'd rather use than profile.

Fair enough but The amount of descendants I’ve bent, and xo and ewings are pretty outrageous in price..

Posted: May 11, 2023 at 16:25 Quote
jamesdorrett wrote:
naptime wrote:
nickmalysh wrote:

Fair enough but The amount of descendants I’ve bent, and xo and ewings are pretty outrageous in price..

The profiles are sick, my whole bike was less than some ewings. 2nd hand but still

O+
Posted: May 11, 2023 at 17:10 Quote
I'm thinking of changing my trail bike and the bike I'm looking have 157 spacing same as my dh single speed which could be good for wheel swapnif needed. Question is I know I can put a sunrace pn my shimano hg for my trail bike but I wonder if I can put my reverse components single speed on a shimano microspline

O+
Posted: May 11, 2023 at 21:09 Quote
ybsurf wrote:
I'm thinking of changing my trail bike and the bike I'm looking have 157 spacing same as my dh single speed which could be good for wheel swapnif needed. Question is I know I can put a sunrace pn my shimano hg for my trail bike but I wonder if I can put my reverse components single speed on a shimano microspline

Not on microspline

Posted: May 12, 2023 at 1:01 Quote
remoh wrote:
ybsurf wrote:

Not on microspline

Reverse makes a microspline singlespeed conversion kit now

Posted: May 12, 2023 at 3:17 Quote
I was doing research on bmx cranks before buying profiles and there simply aren't any other brands that make the crank shaft long enough to fit a modern MTB bottom bracket. That might be the reason why only profiles are used on DH bikes.

Posted: May 12, 2023 at 9:48 Quote
I wish Deity still made cranks. They were awesome for the money.

Posted: May 13, 2023 at 3:01 Quote
photo

Not my bike but another SS with profiles. Wish kona still made these Process 165's.

Posted: May 13, 2023 at 3:48 Quote
RNC cranks are interesting as well if you're into that look and dont want to spend eewing money.

Posted: May 13, 2023 at 4:55 Quote
markrulesok wrote:
photo

Not my bike but another SS with profiles. Wish kona still made these Process 165's.

That’s my buddy’s old bike, he actually inspired my build and that’s where I got the idea for the profile cranks, and 27.5/26

Posted: May 13, 2023 at 5:28 Quote
jamesdorrett wrote:
markrulesok wrote:
photo

That’s my buddy’s old bike, he actually inspired my build and that’s where I got the idea for the profile cranks, and 27.5/26

that's sick man, can deffo see the similarities. think in the video he ran it with a dual crown too? Would love to try that kona frame, seems similar to my clash but with shorter chainstays

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008477
Mobile Version of Website