"Sexiest" Singlespeed FR/DH Bike Thread. (What and How-To included)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
"Sexiest" Singlespeed FR/DH Bike Thread. (What and How-To included)
Posted: Oct 6, 2017 at 13:29 Quote
Sorry for hurting your feelings. It'll be okay.

Posted: Oct 6, 2017 at 13:29 Quote
aw-gooner wrote:
Damn, I almost forgot how many dickheads pinkbike has. #sorryforhavinganopinion

from this day forward, we shall change "pinkbike" to "DICKbike"

YAY/nay?

Posted: Oct 6, 2017 at 13:31 Quote
aw-gooner wrote:
Damn, I almost forgot how many dickheads pinkbike has. #sorryforhavinganopinion

me? not tryin to be one but iz ok... i can take it. no hurt feelz!

Posted: Oct 6, 2017 at 15:40 Quote
Wow guys. Both have valid points but why wouldn't you just use the limit screws? The only reason I can see is if the cogs are closer to the spokes where the limit screw won't reach. Otherwise I see no reason to over complicate it and rely on a cable?

Where's that last picture? Pinkbike is pretty shit with how embedding pictures is. Surely they could make it easier.

Posted: Oct 6, 2017 at 15:44 Quote
Ideate wrote:
Wow guys. Both have valid points but why wouldn't you just use the limit screws? The only reason I can see is if the cogs are closer to the spokes where the limit screw won't reach. Otherwise I see no reason to over complicate it and rely on a cable?

Where's that last picture? Pinkbike is pretty shit with how embedding pictures is. Surely they could make it easier.

My point exactly. Limit screws are way easier.

Posted: Oct 6, 2017 at 17:45 Quote
I've had better luck with a length of cable over limit screws. Throw in a barrel adjuster and you can switch between a couple of cogs without tools. Posted my old setup a page or so back.

Posted: Oct 28, 2017 at 11:16 Quote
Posted before (page 3) but she's back in black with a fresh powder coat and fork decals. Also new since the last pic: brakes, stem, grips, wheels, ...
Back in Black... 2008 SWD Racing 216 DH single speed. Fresh powder coat and decals for it s 10 year anniversary.

O+
Posted: Oct 28, 2017 at 12:07 Quote
TIRES NOT ALIGNED AHHH Madder

Otherwise great build!

Posted: Oct 28, 2017 at 12:09 Quote
Fazeless wrote:

Otherwise great build!

Rolleyes

Posted: Oct 28, 2017 at 17:21 Quote
Fazeless wrote:

Otherwise great build!

Bah... you’re lucky you guys got level cranks.

Posted: Oct 28, 2017 at 18:14 Quote
b-mack wrote:
Fazeless wrote:

Otherwise great build!

Bah... you’re lucky you guys got level cranks.
the thin tubing makes the bike look so good. what steel is it?

Posted: Oct 30, 2017 at 17:35 Quote
It’s standard straight gauge 4130 chromoly...aircraft grade and made in the US.

Posted: Nov 22, 2017 at 5:08 Quote
Anyone running a Paul tensioner? One of the best looking imo, just not sure it will take the abuse

Posted: Nov 22, 2017 at 5:18 Quote
snotrocket wrote:
Anyone running a Paul tensioner? One of the best looking imo, just not sure it will take the abuse

I don't think it would be better than a dh Rohloff tensionner which is made for hard dh riding. Paul also have a little toe like the shimano alfine and this part can brake, while the rohloff only uses friction to keep it in place.

Posted: Nov 22, 2017 at 7:26 Quote
Cricri68 wrote:
snotrocket wrote:

I don't think it would be better than a dh Rohloff tensionner which is made for hard dh riding. Paul also have a little toe like the shimano alfine and this part can brake, while the rohloff only uses friction to keep it in place.

Awesome thanks for the reply

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.031553
Mobile Version of Website