Anyone leave their bike outside?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Anyone leave their bike outside?
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 14:38 Quote
I keep my bike in my room but sometime in teh shed when it is really muddy but i hate having it out side

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 14:41 Quote
never outside...not even for a few minutes...i keep mine locked up in my basement on racks

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 14:43 Quote
c0tt0nm0uth wrote:
theres no reason for name calling, some people live in nice neigherborhoods....when I wrote the thread I really wasn't thinking about the theft issue, I was thinking about the bike getting left out in the rain or snow.

i was joking because he said he leaves his house outside

and well you cant really bring that in can ya

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 14:44 Quote
i leave mine in my garage in the summer but i lock it to a large, stationary device

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 14:45 Quote
westbankrider wrote:
ya i do but nothing ever gets stiloen ware i live

Where do you live? What street and number?

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 14:50 Quote
williampieroway wrote:
c0tt0nm0uth wrote:
theres no reason for name calling, some people live in nice neigherborhoods....when I wrote the thread I really wasn't thinking about the theft issue, I was thinking about the bike getting left out in the rain or snow.

i was joking because he said he leaves his house outside

and well you cant really bring that in can ya

yeh you can u can suck it up its own ass

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 14:58 Quote
Uhm, yeah, I left it out twice, when we were camping on Canada Day. I was really stupid and forgot a lock, so I just hid my bike underneath the truck. No one noticed, luckily. I've left it out with a lock too. I always feel so bad, like its gonna be completely rust covered or something in the morning. It always makes me feel uncomfortable.

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 14:59 Quote
I leave my kona and my specialized out side almost every night...but i live on an island with like 10,000 other people and i live up a drivway..you can barely see my house from the road..and..nobody on this island would know that my bike is any better than some raleigh thats down the street

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 15:10 Quote
I love Saltspring Cool

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 15:12 Quote
aj-podman wrote:
I love Saltspring Cool

lol..creepy...but yeah..thats right you love it...do you come here alot..what do you like to ride??

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 15:23 Quote
I've been there once on vacation Razz

But its nice there.

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 15:31 Quote
i keep my bike in a locked garage with bars over the windows and a double locked door. so thay are pretty safe. but my freing who lives in kelowna had his stinky stolen from outside a candy store. and then another one stolen from school in victoria. luckily they found the guy and got the bike back.

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 15:34 Quote
If you are one of the few remaining bmx riders with brakes such as me, It is best not to leave your bike outside in winter where extreme cold can freeze everything that moves on your bike solid, or in summer, where downpours can randomly pop out anytime during the day and cause handlegrip-slippage and rythmic sqeaks that increase in tempo when you zip down big hills.In fact my bike seems to hate moisture.. do you think bikes work better in dryer climes like Arizona?Very confused

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 15:58 Quote
i would never leave my bike outside. ever. even if there is no chance of it gettin stolen it could rust or anything. no way.

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 16:10 Quote
i once or twice accidentaly leave my biek outside in my backyard, but hte kids know if they come in my dog will ate them

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009366
Mobile Version of Website