Rockshox monarch rt3 debonair sag

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Rockshox monarch rt3 debonair sag
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 26, 2015 at 11:44 Quote
Looking for some advice or experience of using rockshox monarch rt3 debonair. I have just received an Titus El guapo 29er with this shock fitted. At the first hurdle of setting sag it seems a bit odd. I have psi at 250 and even without my gear on, so only about 80kgs, it's sitting around 35% sag. On-one staff advising that I should have it pumped to 300psi. I reckon that might bring sag to more tolerable 30%, but once I add my gear I'll be back to 35%

Anyone else had any experience with this shock?

Cheers

Editor O+ FL
Posted: May 4, 2015 at 22:44 Quote
This question seems to come up fairly regularly, as riders that are used to airing up their shock to a number close to their body weight are find themselves running pressures that are 50psi or more higher after switching to a Monarch DebonAir shock. The DebonAir's increased air volume in both the positive and negative chamber of the air can is the reason for this change, and rather than having a max air pressure of 275psi like previous versions of the Monarch, the DebonAir can take up to 350psi.

Adding or subtracting air only takes a minute or two, so why not pump the shock up to 300psi and sit on it with all of your gear on to check the sag for yourself? I'd bet that will get you close to the desired 30% sag, and if not, simply add a little more air. You may also want to make sure that the shock has the correct tune for your bike – there should be a red and blue box printed somewhere on the shock body that denotes the compression and rebound tune, which you can then check against the frame manufacturer's recommendation to make sure everything is as it should be.

Posted: Jul 14, 2015 at 15:24 Quote
mikekazimer wrote:
This question seems to come up fairly regularly, as riders that are used to airing up their shock to a number close to their body weight are find themselves running pressures that are 50psi or more higher after switching to a Monarch DebonAir shock. The DebonAir's increased air volume in both the positive and negative chamber of the air can is the reason for this change, and rather than having a max air pressure of 275psi like previous versions of the Monarch, the DebonAir can take up to 350psi.

Adding or subtracting air only takes a minute or two, so why not pump the shock up to 300psi and sit on it with all of your gear on to check the sag for yourself? I'd bet that will get you close to the desired 30% sag, and if not, simply add a little more air. You may also want to make sure that the shock has the correct tune for your bike – there should be a red and blue box printed somewhere on the shock body that denotes the compression and rebound tune, which you can then check against the frame manufacturer's recommendation to make sure everything is as it should be.
Hi after some advice on the chambers and the red bands . I've took my shock off and I can see 2 chambers a + and - but I have no idea witch is witch and what each chamber does ? I don't bottom out harsh but I find the stroke is to soft with the correct sag . Thanks

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009067
Mobile Version of Website