External differences between c and cc

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
External differences between c and cc
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 3, 2015 at 2:00 Quote
Hi.

Wonder if anyone can help. In the uk santa cruz are offering a nomad in c (cheap carbon) or cc(costly carbon) but bikes will be in the same colourscheme.

Does anyone know what the external differences are? If you bought a c but thought it was a cc how can you tell?

Thanks!

Posted: May 3, 2015 at 18:39 Quote
The c is a x1 drivetrain with slx brakes, the cc comes in two different build kits. One is a "curated mix of x1 and xt components" with rf turbine cranks. The other is xx1 drivetrain with xtr brakes and fr sixc cranks.

Posted: May 3, 2015 at 23:23 Quote
but if you take off all the kit, is there a frame difference?

I have a cc nomad. Nowhere on it does it say cc. Top tube says nomad c. The frames are different weights but unless you get the scales out...

FL
Posted: May 14, 2015 at 6:25 Quote
Think of it this way:
the "carbon" is the "c"
the "carbon c" is the "cc"

so even if it only has on "c" on the top tube, i believe that it is still the "cc"

altough i know nothing and someone will probably come along and correct meBig Grin

Posted: May 14, 2015 at 7:00 Quote
above the BB on the back of the seat tube there should be a small grey box that says the model and if its CC or C

Posted: Jan 1, 2017 at 2:00 Quote
My says "carbon c" which I believe is the better (more expensive) carbon since I bought the frame only. The cheaper one would say "carbon" only I believe.

Posted: Feb 4, 2017 at 6:38 Quote
I just looked at my Hightower which I know is a CC, below the lower linkage on the rear triangle it has a few numbers along with two letters "CC", on the top tube it has "Hightower CC".

Posted: Feb 8, 2017 at 14:43 Quote
My nomad cc has nomad cc on the top tube, it's the lighter, more expensive carbon layup.

The nomad c ones are the standard carbon layup. SC's website explains it.

Posted: Feb 8, 2017 at 17:03 Quote
My 2016 5010cc has cc on the top tube and behind the bottom bracket.

Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 12:27 Quote
Anything post-2016 has it written on the bike, one way or the other. Previously, both bikes said C. Other than that they both look and are shaped identically, in each and every way; just a weight difference.

Posted: Oct 21, 2017 at 14:05 Quote
The only thing that varies between the squares cc and c are the links, one is carbon and the other is aluminum. It would be super expensive for the brand to make it with two different carbons.

Posted: Dec 22, 2017 at 11:07 Quote
Its displayed on the inner face of the rear seats tay on the rocker.

It'll either say nomad c or nomad cc.

Both come with same warranty but one is slightly lighter.

Posted: Feb 6, 2018 at 10:28 Quote
Nomad4 C vs CC frame question:

The top tube of a CC frame has CC printed just about 2” from Headset...

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008837
Mobile Version of Website