Banshee Darkside Thread

PB Forum :: Downhill
Banshee Darkside Thread
Posted: Jan 4, 2018 at 16:13 Quote
photo
photo

My beloved darkside! Have just ridden it thrice and it's really worth the time and effort I've put into building it! Rides really nice and very well composed! For my weight at 69kgs dressed im using 300lbs spring, would you say id go higher spring rate or that would be just right?

Posted: Jan 6, 2018 at 18:09 Quote
deebee4 wrote:
photo
photo

My beloved darkside! Have just ridden it thrice and it's really worth the time and effort I've put into building it! Rides really nice and very well composed! For my weight at 69kgs dressed im using 300lbs spring, would you say id go higher spring rate or that would be just right?

Spring rate is a highly personal opinion - do you prefer a stiffer or softer shock? My advice with coil shocks is don't sell any springs you have, keep a collection of them (can be rather $$$), means you can tailor your shock to the trails you ride.

Posted: Jan 7, 2018 at 0:38 Quote
OzMike wrote:
deebee4 wrote:
photo
photo

Spring rate is a highly personal opinion - do you prefer a stiffer or softer shock? My advice with coil shocks is don't sell any springs you have, keep a collection of them (can be rather $$$), means you can tailor your shock to the trails you ride.

Thanks man! yeah i think that is the right approach to it. i have just ridden it again in on steep,loose, and rooty trails, really loving the planted feeling that the 300lbs spring provided as compared to the more poppy feeling of the 400lbs that i had originally installed. i might give 350 a try to see if that can strike a balance..thanks anyway man!

Posted: Jan 21, 2018 at 16:55 Quote
Hi everyone!

Anyone over 6" tall using Darkside in size M?

I am between 6" and 6"1' (184cm), and got my frame in size M for park riding. I am going to use it with double-crown fork and 26" wheels.

As I read this thread, I am getting an impression that size L is recommended to anyone over 6".

I respect stability at speed, but ability to move behind the rear wheel and to pull the frond end is probably more important for me. In the past I was mostly riding short bikes. Do you guys think I will be really cramped with M?

Thank you!

O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2018 at 16:57 Quote
Hmmm....mine was a large and I'm 6'0" and tried a 35mm stem a few times but was too cramped with anything less than a 50mm. I feel like the M frame would be way too small for me personally

Posted: Jan 21, 2018 at 19:10 Quote
ryan198232 wrote:
Hmmm....mine was a large and I'm 6'0" and tried a 35mm stem a few times but was too cramped with anything less than a 50mm. I feel like the M frame would be way too small for me personally

Ouch! That's not good. I am coming off intense SS, size M, which is 39mm shorter in terms of wheelbase (not sure about the reach). Obviously Intense is too small for me, but I was hoping that 39mm is good enough to add some comfort and stability.

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 at 0:21 Quote
It's hard to say cause everyone prefers something different. My new bike has a reach that's 14mm longer than the darkside and feels perfect with a 35mm stem...that puts it right where the darkside was with a 50mm stem.

Maybe try to find the reach of your previous bike and compare

Posted: Jan 22, 2018 at 3:22 Quote
I've had my Darkside setup a few different ways but I think a medium would be pretty tight for anyone over 6ft.

0 Banshee Darkside
  0 Banshee Darkside

0 Banshee Darkside
  0 Banshee Darkside

0 Banshee Darkside
  0 Banshee Darkside

Unfortunately it's for sale now Frown .. but that last Monday's movie is making me think twice!

Views: 68,746    Faves: 777    Comments: 58

Posted: Jan 22, 2018 at 6:21 Quote
Thanks a lot for the responses gents!

Posted: Jan 24, 2018 at 3:47 Quote
Hi Guys,

The time has come i'm afraid, to sell my beautiful beast.

Check it out!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Banshee-Darkside-Downhill-Freeride-DH-Mountainbike/173114770317?hash=item284e71c38d:g:-ZsAAOSwjytaVNBe

Posted: Jan 24, 2018 at 5:04 Quote
Selling in the forums is frowned upon.

Jus sayin....

Posted: Feb 8, 2018 at 8:17 Quote
Had a chance to compare M and L frames side-by-side. L is only 60 grams heavier than M if someone is interested.

Posted: Mar 14, 2018 at 8:41 Quote
Banshee Darkside Fox 36 Halo Chaos wheels Maxxis minions DHF DHR Zee drivetrain and brakes Chromag Trailmaster sear and Fubars Atomlab Stem Rockshox vivid shock Colour matched bell -

My Darkside.#26aintdead

O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2018 at 13:59 Quote
Consiglori wrote:
Had a chance to compare M and L frames side-by-side. L is only 60 grams heavier than M if someone is interested.

I am 1'79, I think I am between... What do you think? M or L

HELP!!!

Posted: Apr 5, 2018 at 8:27 Quote
basquefree wrote:
Consiglori wrote:

I am 1'79, I think I am between... What do you think? M or L

HELP!!!

I am exactly the same, Large all the way, don't even think about Medium. Large with 438mm reach is pretty short by today's standards; i find it pretty much perfect, if anything i d wish for it to be even slightly longer.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026047
Mobile Version of Website