Banshee Darkside Thread
Posted: Aug 17, 2018 at 13:14 Quote
Trail-killer wrote:
deebee4 wrote:
Trail-killer wrote:

Lol no chance XD maybe measure your shock
photo

How's the bike running mate?

Like a f dream man i love it!! Everythings how it should be glad i snapped it up, rounded the top shock bolt as was on the way out but Ison distro sent one out for free bad ass guys there!
Had boxxer on for alps now back to the lyric for uk
There she is atm
photo

she is a beauty bro! yeah i would keep a single crown on it and save the dual crowns for abroad! im glad you are enjoying it bro! check out my profile,u can see my steed there..

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2018 at 12:43 Quote
Is a CANE CREEK DB AIR CS SHOCK 222x70 will fit the darkside?

Posted: Aug 21, 2018 at 4:56 Quote
ybsurf wrote:
Is a CANE CREEK DB AIR CS SHOCK 222x70 will fit the darkside?
Yes takes 222 and 216 shocks

Posted: Sep 12, 2018 at 4:43 Quote
does anyone else find that the darkside goes through shocks like no other? blew a vivid coil up so got a dhx2, thats now blown too. would something bulkier like a float x2 not die like a coil with a skinny stantion? cheers

Posted: Sep 12, 2018 at 4:49 Quote
This is the first i hear about.
Why don't you first check the frame and see if there is some sort of an issue with it?
A twisted or heavily used frame with some issues might do that to shocks sometimes...

Posted: Sep 12, 2018 at 6:43 Quote
hitarpotar wrote:
Why don't you first check the frame and see if there is some sort of an issue with it?
A twisted or heavily used frame with some issues might do that to shocks sometimes...
How would I go about checking if my frame is twisted?

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2018 at 10:53 Quote
Thinking of putting an x2 on my darkside to replace the stock vivid coil, anybody who rode both coil and air have some feedback? I mostly ride jump trails with mine with occasional tech stuff but never race. Getting better at whipping the bike and I'm sure the weight saving won't hurt.
Thanks

Posted: Sep 14, 2018 at 14:55 Quote
ybsurf wrote:
Thinking of putting an x2 on my darkside to replace the stock vivid coil, anybody who rode both coil and air have some feedback? I mostly ride jump trails with mine with occasional tech stuff but never race. Getting better at whipping the bike and I'm sure the weight saving won't hurt.
Thanks
Its honestly different strokes for different blokes.
For me i had a vivid air and ccdb air and couldn't get on with either i am now on a ccdb coil and absolutely love it. You would hardly notice the change of weight. lighter forks u can defo tell the difference tho

Posted: Sep 14, 2018 at 14:59 Quote
Dmrbikes85211 wrote:
hitarpotar wrote:
How would I go about checking if my frame is twisted?
Maybe by taking the rear triangle out and checking all the linkages all match up nice n str8 i guess

O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2018 at 15:15 Quote
Trail-killer wrote:
ybsurf wrote:
Thanks
Its honestly different strokes for different blokes.
For me i had a vivid air and ccdb air and couldn't get on with either i am now on a ccdb coil and absolutely love it. You would hardly notice the change of weight. lighter forks u can defo tell the difference tho
Yeah for sure it's all about preferences another guy was the other way around some good deal on x2 right now I'll give it a try. Gonna get a yellow spring for my boxxer and found a air charger with stanchion so I can try the air for the fork as well.

Posted: Sep 16, 2018 at 21:57 Quote
Anyone ridden both coil and air shock on your Darkside? Thinking about switching to air, Cane Creek db.

Posted: Sep 17, 2018 at 5:04 Quote
DuelingBanjos wrote:
Anyone ridden both coil and air shock on your Darkside? Thinking about switching to air, Cane Creek db.
Lol read up ^/\^

Posted: Sep 19, 2018 at 9:49 Quote
Trail-killer wrote:
DuelingBanjos wrote:
Lol read up ^/\^

Beers are on me!

O+
Posted: Sep 24, 2018 at 17:17 Quote
Just wondering if anybody having or had problem with zee derailleur? My chain just keep skipping the upper jockey wheel feel like its skipping gear but it's the jockey wheel. Drivetrain get jammed and no backpedals possible make it for sketchy jump line. I barely shift my gear and I'm already 3 or 4 shifter cable in 22 days my lbs is fixing it everytime and usually on the second day after a dozen runs it do it again put a brand new derailleur and keep doing it. It's a banshee darkside 2018. Any idea what could it be? I will change my mrp mini g3 guide for a one up top guide only maybe less drag will help?

Posted: Sep 24, 2018 at 18:36 Quote
ybsurf wrote:
Just wondering if anybody having or had problem with zee derailleur? My chain just keep skipping the upper jockey wheel feel like its skipping gear but it's the jockey wheel. Drivetrain get jammed and no backpedals possible make it for sketchy jump line. I barely shift my gear and I'm already 3 or 4 shifter cable in 22 days my lbs is fixing it everytime and usually on the second day after a dozen runs it do it again put a brand new derailleur and keep doing it. It's a banshee darkside 2018. Any idea what could it be? I will change my mrp mini g3 guide for a one up top guide only maybe less drag will help?
Heard chain alignment issues with certain dropouts cant remember which buts its in this thread somewhere could be that dude

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.147439
Mobile Version of Website