Banshee Darkside Thread

PB Forum :: Downhill
Banshee Darkside Thread
Posted: Jun 1, 2019 at 9:17 Quote
I would not ever do that. Grab something with 160 or less. More than likely you could get away with 140mm. Pedaling sucks ass anything above that

Posted: Jun 1, 2019 at 9:48 Quote
I have a Canfield Balance that is 160 but for Big Sky and Silver Mtn I feel it’s a tad under travel

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2019 at 10:20 Quote
coltybear15 wrote:
Hey guys, reviving this thread for a moment, do any of you point your Darkside’s uphill? I want to get down to a single bike quiver, but I mostly ride park. I see some 30-35lb DS builds which seem optimal for an all-a rounder while still having 180 travel! Anything helps!

Hey Colty, I use my Darkside as my one bike do everything beast..If you flip the chips to the highest setting, it will firm the suspension up. You may need to make some minor suspension tuning adjustments to compensate for the geometry change. I have a dropper post obviously and a trail friendly 1x11 drivetrain.
I find I can keep up with my friends for the most part on the uphills. It gets a little wandery in the front end on really steep uphill climbs, but at that point walking and riding are pretty much the same speed anyway

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2019 at 17:35 Quote
coltybear15 wrote:
Hey guys, reviving this thread for a moment, do any of you point your Darkside’s uphill? I want to get down to a single bike quiver, but I mostly ride park. I see some 30-35lb DS builds which seem optimal for an all-a rounder while still having 180 travel! Anything helps!
I'm under 34lbs with a double crown 200 fork so can be done at around 30lbs with a single 180 fork depending how much money you want to put in, lightweight=money.

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2019 at 18:47 Quote
coltybear15 wrote:

After riding a ton on my Patrol and then coming back to my Darkside for a lap of climbing the forest service road and DH... I felt that the climb was brutal, uncomfortable and all because of the seat tube angle (DH is awesome as per usual). With the right dropper post things might have been different, but I'd probably just get a solid Enduro rig (my buddies Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail is gnarly!), otherwise I'd pin the Darkside against the Knolly Delirium and see which feels best on both.

Posted: Jun 3, 2019 at 2:04 Quote
Banshee, make the reach on Darkside longer and i ll grab another one.

Posted: Jun 3, 2019 at 2:49 Quote
did my first laps on my free ride dark side (single speed, 180 front, 27.5) this bike is just perfect.. I love it

O+
Posted: Jun 3, 2019 at 18:37 Quote
dfbland wrote:
coltybear15 wrote:

After riding a ton on my Patrol and then coming back to my Darkside for a lap of climbing the forest service road and DH... I felt that the climb was brutal, uncomfortable and all because of the seat tube angle (DH is awesome as per usual). With the right dropper post things might have been different, but I'd probably just get a solid Enduro rig (my buddies Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail is gnarly!), otherwise I'd pin the Darkside against the Knolly Delirium and see which feels best on both.

The Delirium has a better STAit sure pedals better f (position/comfort), not anti-squat as its known to need a climb switch if you are grinding a fireroad, like most Knollys..

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 5:13 Quote
has someone broken his dark side?

loving mine but worried about breaking it and losing too much money!
answers appreciated!
cheers

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 3:26 Quote
luap wrote:
has someone broken his dark side?

loving mine but worried about breaking it and losing too much money!
answers appreciated!
cheers

I snapped one after 2 years but I rode it hard, went to another brand and snapped that in 6 months so that's testament to how strong they are. Ive now got another darkside.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 5:56 Quote
I snapped mine in less than a season. Banshees are not strong bikes.

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 17:18 Quote
Hey,
I just received my new Darkside frame and I'm stoked. It came without a shock and I had my eye on a rockshox vivid air. Is anyone running one of these or does anyone know how it works with the suspension kinematics?

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 12:49 Quote
Hi, darkside has a very linear leverage curve, you need to go 25% sag on a coil shock without any kind of bottom out control, if you are doing big hucks. Air works good as well, I have used ccdb air, dvo jade and these work fantastic

Posted: Nov 25, 2019 at 4:08 Quote
dhmtbr777 wrote:
I snapped mine in less than a season. Banshees are not strong bikes.

Or maybe you just hit it too hard.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009310
Mobile Version of Website