Banshee Darkside Thread

PB Forum :: Downhill
Banshee Darkside Thread
Posted: Apr 19, 2020 at 19:17 Quote
THarj wrote:
Wew, Nice build!! I have a Black Banshee Darkside / Blue Spank build going right now! Did you have to find an adapter for the single crown fork? My Spank Race 33's did not come with the adapter to go to 15mm front axle and am having a hard time finding them in stock.

Have you tried The Gravity Cartel? That's spanks DTC web shop and they tend to stock a lot of the stuff that the distributors don't have.

But to answer your question: no, I didn't have to get adapters. I bought my bike originally as a pre-built that came with the fork and black Spank wheels, I just swamped to blue rims, everything else is from the stock black wheels. They came with the adapters pre-installed.

O+
Posted: May 7, 2020 at 11:42 Quote
New build 2019 Darkside
just finish my new darkside cant wait to ride it today B)

Posted: May 7, 2020 at 11:50 Quote
EdwardN wrote:
New build 2019 Darkside
just finish my new darkside ???? cant wait to ride it today

Sick

O+
Posted: May 7, 2020 at 12:10 Quote
bikeman5 wrote:
EdwardN wrote:
New build 2019 Darkside
just finish my new darkside ???? cant wait to ride it today

Sick
Nice it's like mine, love the x2 on it.

Posted: May 7, 2020 at 12:23 Quote
I think I might have outgrown my darkside. As sad as it is, they only make up to a size L and at 6'3 that is a little small for me. Anyone know of any similar frames that make an XL?

O+
Posted: May 7, 2020 at 19:30 Quote
So took it out for a ride at Thornhill down flow rider and rip n dip, and i gotta say this bike is absolutely mental! Coming off an operator to this it feels like it can turn so much better and is like a missile down the trail

O+
Posted: Jun 10, 2020 at 0:38 Quote
Anyone here try to 29/27.5 or 27.5/26 your Darkside yet? Asking for a friend, I swear.

O+
Posted: Jun 10, 2020 at 9:17 Quote
dfbland wrote:
Anyone here try to 29/27.5 or 27.5/26 your Darkside yet? Asking for a friend, I swear.

No 29er, but 27.5/26 many times. With 170mm fork and 180mm fork, mid position on the chips. Fantastic

O+
Posted: Jun 10, 2020 at 13:51 Quote
Lagr1980 wrote:
dfbland wrote:

No 29er, but 27.5/26 many times. With 170mm fork and 180mm fork, mid position on the chips. Fantastic

Hmmmmmm... 200mm fork? Well heck, you sold me on the idea.

Posted: Jun 27, 2020 at 8:15 Quote
Hey All,

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a new (to me) bike. I've got it narrowed down to these 2 sick bikes, 2020 Darkside custom build, and 2017 Gambler custom build.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2818903/?directtofirstphoto

I really don't think I can go wrong either way as they are both essentially bratraind new bikes. I know this is the Darkside forum so I understand there could be some bias here. That's cool with me, but who better to ask then the bike owner themselves, I plan to post the same in the Gambler forum.

I haven't ridden either of these bikes. My background is I'm 46 years old, raced BMX as a kid in the early 80's, off and on recreational motocross rider throughout my life. 5'11", 185 lbs. First tried Downhill 3 years ago and just loved it. I rented a V10 that day, so when I bought a bike 2 weeks later, it was a v10. Bike felt awesome, but then I sold it and bought an enduro to pedal in the woods sometimes. Well, turns out I don't enjoy pedaling all that much, and regretted selling the v10 a little bit. After riding both the v10 and the enduro at Highland I think I'd like something that kind of sits right in between as I really like the flowy, jumpy trails more than the tech, but I'd like to get better at the tech stuff as I continue to do this and want a bike that will do that too (I have a tendency to go over the bars....ALOT....when I do the steep tech stuff).

About the bikes, been going back and forth with the guy about the Darkside and he's just a really great dude. Super helpful and knowledeable about the bike. I'm drawn to that bike a bit more, but it's a little bit more money too. I was worried about the size (438 reach) as I think I prefer a bigger bike to smaler. Love that they both have Saint Brakes. Like the Cane creek on the darkside, but love the Fox 40 on the Gambler over the WC. Forgive my ignorance here, but the Gambler's suspension setup seems unnecessarily complex. Lots of moving parts, bearings to get loose, etc. In general, I love simplicity over complex when it comes to anything mechanical. Also noticed that the new Gamblers' suspension has been redesigned and is less complicated.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on these 2 bikes!

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2020 at 17:41 Quote
ktm48 wrote:
Hey All,

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a new (to me) bike. I've got it narrowed down to these 2 sick bikes, 2020 Darkside custom build, and 2017 Gambler custom build.

I really don't think I can go wrong either way as they are both essentially bratraind new bikes. I know this is the Darkside forum so I understand there could be some bias here. That's cool with me, but who better to ask then the bike owner themselves, I plan to post the same in the Gambler forum.

I haven't ridden either of these bikes. My background is I'm 46 years old, raced BMX as a kid in the early 80's, off and on recreational motocross rider throughout my life. 5'11", 185 lbs. First tried Downhill 3 years ago and just loved it. I rented a V10 that day, so when I bought a bike 2 weeks later, it was a v10. Bike felt awesome, but then I sold it and bought an enduro to pedal in the woods sometimes. Well, turns out I don't enjoy pedaling all that much, and regretted selling the v10 a little bit. After riding both the v10 and the enduro at Highland I think I'd like something that kind of sits right in between as I really like the flowy, jumpy trails more than the tech, but I'd like to get better at the tech stuff as I continue to do this and want a bike that will do that too (I have a tendency to go over the bars....ALOT....when I do the steep tech stuff).

About the bikes, been going back and forth with the guy about the Darkside and he's just a really great dude. Super helpful and knowledeable about the bike. I'm drawn to that bike a bit more, but it's a little bit more money too. I was worried about the size (438 reach) as I think I prefer a bigger bike to smaler. Love that they both have Saint Brakes. Like the Cane creek on the darkside, but love the Fox 40 on the Gambler over the WC. Forgive my ignorance here, but the Gambler's suspension setup seems unnecessarily complex. Lots of moving parts, bearings to get loose, etc. In general, I love simplicity over complex when it comes to anything mechanical. Also noticed that the new Gamblers' suspension has been redesigned and is less complicated.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on these 2 bikes!

You sent two links for the Gambler...

Posted: Jun 27, 2020 at 18:32 Quote
oh shoot, sorry man. Here's the link for the Darkside.......looks so badass

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2772500/

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2020 at 22:55 Quote
Darkside is a great choice, and that is a pretty swanky build... Just pull the trigger.

Posted: Jun 28, 2020 at 0:21 Quote
Pull the trigger on the Darkside - more nimble, more-do-it-all-bike than the Gambler but can still take a beating, more beautiful thanx to this black paint job. Good enough looking and performing both with a single crown and a double crown fork. Darkside is a bit short model even for L size, but i think it would be ok for your height. This Gambler you showed is more of a tractor on the trail, goes through anything and keeps going but is a true dh-bike not meant to be pedaled.

Posted: Jun 28, 2020 at 6:04 Quote
Hey guys, thanks for the responses, I really appreciate it You're right. Darkseid is such a sweet build. In the dude selling it is so cool, I actually contacted him about a Giant Glory not this bike and we got to talkin and now I'm interested in this bike.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019499
Mobile Version of Website