Banshee Darkside Thread

PB Forum :: Downhill
Banshee Darkside Thread
Posted: Mar 10, 2021 at 8:45 Quote
ZV938 wrote:
What are you guys finding is the best flip chip setting for this bike with a dual crown fork? Low? High? In the middle?
Low always low for me. Whenever I change it I'm annoyed it's not in low

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 20:04 Quote
I am looking at buying a darkside but I am concerned about the axel to crown length of dual vs single crown forks, I plan to put a single crown fork on but I worry it could steepen up the head angle quite a bit, does anyone have any experience in the matter?

Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 10:46 Quote
BenRogers10 wrote:
I am looking at buying a darkside but I am concerned about the axel to crown length of dual vs single crown forks, I plan to put a single crown fork on but I worry it could steepen up the head angle quite a bit, does anyone have any experience in the matter?

Slap a Totem on there! Same A2C as a Boxxer and fits a 27.5 no problem

Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 14:32 Quote
coltybear15 wrote:
BenRogers10 wrote:

Slap a Totem on there! Same A2C as a Boxxer and fits a 27.5 no problem

I finally found the A2C of a 2018 boxxer (the year im getting) and think I am just going to go with a Marzocchi bomber z1 coil, its only ~1mm difference as far as I can tell and I think it will fit the ride characteristic of the bike better

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 10:49 Quote
Anybody 5'8" (173cm) running a Large Darkside?

I looked at the geo and compared to my medium sized S2 Stumpy evo, the reach/ tt and wheelbase of my trail bike is closer to the Large darkside than the medium sized. My trail bike feels perfect, nice and nimble and solid downhill but I feel bad smashing it though the park every season.

Want a Darkside to be my dedicated Park / DH bike, focusing on stability at speed, but nimble enough to be fun.

Would you go Large or Medium?

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 11:51 Quote
I’m 5’7 and had a medium Darkside. Felt too small and cramped. Go large.

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 11:16 Quote
haha, I'm 5'10 and my medium Darkside felt too stretched out

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 14:18 Quote
5.6ft + go large. I'm 5.6 and wish I had a large now

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 19:56 Quote
burritos wrote:
Anybody 5'8" (173cm) running a Large Darkside?

I looked at the geo and compared to my medium sized S2 Stumpy evo, the reach/ tt and wheelbase of my trail bike is closer to the Large darkside than the medium sized. My trail bike feels perfect, nice and nimble and solid downhill but I feel bad smashing it though the park every season.

Want a Darkside to be my dedicated Park / DH bike, focusing on stability at speed, but nimble enough to be fun.

Would you go Large or Medium?

I’m 5’10” and the large is on the smaller side so it fits pretty dead nuts. I think it like fit you well.

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 21:24 Quote
Right on, thanks guys! Got lucky and found one locally, the previous owner barely used it, super stoked. 100% agree on going with the large, reach feels spot on with my trail bike.

O+
Posted: May 2, 2021 at 12:15 Quote
Anybody over 6 feet riding a large? I’m 6’2 and looking at dark side and rocky maiden for north shore shuttling and whistler park days. Is a darkside going to be way to small for me?

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 12:12 Quote
j-rawk wrote:
Anybody over 6 feet riding a large? I’m 6’2 and looking at dark side and rocky maiden for north shore shuttling and whistler park days. Is a darkside going to be way to small for me?

I’m 5’10” and my large feels spot on. I’d assume it would feel a bit cramped for you

O+
Posted: May 5, 2021 at 7:57 Quote
j-rawk wrote:

I'm 6'2 and I find my large Darkside to be a perfect size

O+
Posted: May 5, 2021 at 9:05 Quote
dfbland wrote:
j-rawk wrote:

I'm 6'2 and I find my large Darkside to be a perfect size
That is good to hear! I like a bike on the smaller and playful side. I’m on an XL Knolly Warden for my trail bike and I find it a bit long. It is fast but so hard to manual! My previous bikes were 26ers and way shorter wheelbase, I miss those bikes! Just have to track down a darkside now.

Posted: Jul 7, 2021 at 18:41 Quote
Any darksiderz still have the base tune for a Canecreek db coil for the dark side? The one that the website and the app used to give?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011552
Mobile Version of Website