2016 Stumpjumper

PB Forum :: Specialized
2016 Stumpjumper
Posted: Jun 5, 2019 at 11:59 Quote
vpfree2009 wrote:
Billjohn6 wrote:
Can I fit a Fox Float X2 or Fox DPX2 shock on my 2016 Stumpy Expert? The stock Fox float CTD shock is underwhelming, and needs total rebuild including damper replacement. I am considering shock upgrade instead of rebuild. I essentially ride this bike like an enduro, big descents, fast, big hits. Or should I consider a different shock and why? Thanks.

dpx2 nearly fits, you have to file a tiny amount of frame away for the air can
my friend done it to his out of warranty camber (same front end)

The monarch plus made for the stumpjumper was a great upgrade for me.
Consider talking to Avalanche racing about your issues with the CTD shock. They may be able to modify it to work for your needs.

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2019 at 4:42 Quote
vpfree2009 wrote:
Billjohn6 wrote:
Can I fit a Fox Float X2 or Fox DPX2 shock on my 2016 Stumpy Expert? The stock Fox float CTD shock is underwhelming, and needs total rebuild including damper replacement. I am considering shock upgrade instead of rebuild. I essentially ride this bike like an enduro, big descents, fast, big hits. Or should I consider a different shock and why? Thanks.

dpx2 nearly fits, you have to file a tiny amount of frame away for the air can
my friend done it to his out of warranty camber (same front end)

Frame size Large. 29. If that affects ability for shock to fit. Not looking to file away part of the frame...

O+
Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 9:51 Quote
FYI RE bearing thing, all bearings in the 2017 stumpy are max complement, even thought he official document might not say so.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010217
Mobile Version of Website