Where in Ontario to buy prescription cycling glasses?

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Where in Ontario to buy prescription cycling glasses?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 10, 2015 at 10:00 Quote
Hello All

I live in Barrie, work in Orillia and am often in Toronto so I have a pretty big triangle to cover, within those areas, is there anywhere to get prescription glasses for cycling? Like sport goggle kinda things? My vision has gone down the tubes and I just started wearing regular glasses, but will definitely need some for riding soon.

I see a few places online to fill out prescription and such but I'd rather buy local if possible. Thanks.

Posted: May 10, 2015 at 15:01 Quote
Novan3 wrote:
Lens Craafters

Didn't think they would have sport glasses. I'm pretty new to the whole glasses thing lol.

Posted: May 31, 2015 at 5:21 Quote
gbort wrote:
Novan3 wrote:
Lens Craafters

Didn't think they would have sport glasses. I'm pretty new to the whole glasses thing lol.

I swear by Oakley glasses for riding, and any optician that is also an Oakley dealer can set you up with prescription lenses, although they are not cheap. LensCrafters is an official Oakley dealer so they can do it.

Posted: May 31, 2015 at 19:06 Quote
Have you tried the website clearlycontacts.ca?
They might have something to offer.

Posted: Jun 1, 2015 at 7:57 Quote
I have prescription sunglasses. I first found a set of glasses that I liked, then took them to my regular optical store and had them change the lenses to my prescription and preferred lens color. This is expensive to do as you pay for a regular pair of glasses only to dump the lenses. It is difficult to find a set of regular lenses that work well as sunglasses.

I also have a pair of glasses that are all high end plastic construction that stay on my face really well. I like them for riding trails. I recently changed the lenses and got them with the photo chromatic coating. The new coatings are way more sensitive and faster to change to light conditions. It makes them quite good for trail riding.

For full on sun conditions or road riding, I use my regular glasses. You'll need to find an optical store that you like.

Posted: Jun 2, 2015 at 8:57 Quote
Zehrs ( it is a grocery store) related to real Canadian superstore, has an optical dept that sells bolle and reebok prescription sunglasses and currently have a sale on, save $150.

Posted: Jun 2, 2015 at 12:26 Quote
Smith Optics also does prescription lenses, like Oakley. Any optician that is a Smith dealer can get lenses. On some models, like their shield models, they have a prescription insert available. You can get these filled with regular RX lenses at your optician, and the insert just sits behind the shield lens.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009879
Mobile Version of Website