What PSI should i set my shock? HELP

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
What PSI should i set my shock? HELP
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 9, 2017 at 22:13 Quote
Hi all, sorry to post on an old thread but I just took delivery of my Reign 2. My rear shock also seems not right. I'm 13st+ and need to run 320psi for 30% sag and lockout only reduces it to 20% sag. I have not ridden it yet due to this as I am sure this can't be right.
Do I need to take it back to where I bought it?

Posted: Sep 10, 2017 at 17:31 Quote
Set sag with the damper full open, setting sag with it on climb/lock is useless. Here's the video on how to set it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op6onk12nLs

Volume spacers or bottomless rings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxpA9AHxTWI

You can use rubber bands, rings of a old tube ect. as a volume spacer. I just bought a bag of them and split it with my friend. there are a ton in the bag. My bike(Slash) had 2 in it already, jumping to 5 put it spot on. Most of these shocks are not setup for heavier riders and you have to add spacers or go to a lower volume can(I did this on my old Rune).

Posted: Sep 10, 2017 at 20:25 Quote
I'm 85kg, used to run 5 bands and 300psi on my 2015 Reign 2. That brought my suspension back to live.

Posted: Jan 6, 2019 at 4:26 Quote
I run 240 psi 225 lbs with 30% sag. Two volume spacers present . ????

Posted: Jan 7, 2019 at 11:04 Quote
StraightLineJoe wrote:
You should run the shock at the pressure that gives you about 30% sag. Then as you get used to the bike you can adjust the pressure slightly to suit your riding style and preference.

I wont explain because there wil be hundreds of tuturials on the internet that will explain it better than i can.

Yes, pretty much industry standard. Some people go 20-25, but 30% seems to be the safest bet until you take the time to check out different settings and sag. But, don’t go less then 20%, and I would not go above 30%. Seeing you had to ask for advice 30% is best for you until you have time to play with the settings.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015263
Mobile Version of Website