sun ditch witch rims yes or no?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
sun ditch witch rims yes or no?
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 21:32 Quote
Kbone wrote:
whats a ditch witch? Is it another name for the rhyno lite XL? I've never heard of these.
basically the lowest quality sun rim our there, its lower then the rhyno lites

Posted: Aug 14, 2008 at 21:44 Quote
djman22 wrote:
This is what happens to ditch whiches. This is my buddies on a very small wipeout. on a very small jump.
Tacos anyone?

<Deleted photo>

ive done that to single tracks...

Posted: Aug 15, 2008 at 1:08 Quote
no. they're stock rims, stock rims are never good.

Posted: Aug 15, 2008 at 1:24 Quote
sour-skittles wrote:
djman22 wrote:
This is what happens to ditch whiches. This is my buddies on a very small wipeout. on a very small jump.
Tacos anyone?

<Deleted photo>

doesnt everyone? i thought it was a requirement to enter a bike park or any trail
but dont get ditch witch, they suck

Posted: Aug 15, 2008 at 1:45 Quote
I have used ditch witches front and rear for near 3 years, and no problems. I am a not the lightest bloke around, and i thrash my bike, and these have stood up to everything i have thrown at them. occasionally they will need a true but aside that, they are all good.

Posted: Aug 15, 2008 at 3:34 Quote
they are cheap heavy and not very stroung and i dont care who says well i have been riding for 3 years they still suck and save your money and buy a nice wheel.

Posted: Aug 15, 2008 at 4:04 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
sour-skittles wrote:
djman22 wrote:
Tacos anyone?

<Deleted photo>

doesnt everyone? i thought it was a requirement to enter a bike park or any trail
but dont get ditch witch, they suck

Doesn't look like a small wipeout to me... the bars are squint aswell, so either you buddie isn't very strong and can't tighten bolts properly or had a crash big enough to twist his bars and buckle his wheel.

I have had a front ditchwitch on a pro2 for 2years now and its just starting to buckle, they are rubbish rims but build them up well and you shouldn't have many problems for a few monthslol

Posted: Aug 15, 2008 at 4:37 Quote
sorry if you think im jacking the thread but i have a ditch witch laced to a pro II hub, its staight and it never been trued. however my back wheel is a ditch with laced to a formula hub and it's, lets put it nicely, f**ked. what should i get as a replacement, i need a fairly cheep rim but its got to be tougher than the ditch witch and quite light. i was thinking rhyno light xl?

Posted: Aug 15, 2008 at 4:43 Quote
Step 1.

Find a Ditch.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.co.cal.md.us/assets/MosquitoControl/ditch.JPG
Step 2.

Insert Ditch Witch hoops.

Step 3.

Drive a tank through the ditch.

Posted: Aug 15, 2008 at 5:04 Quote
ChargeBlendersAreFit wrote:
sorry if you think im jacking the thread but i have a ditch witch laced to a pro II hub, its staight and it never been trued. however my back wheel is a ditch with laced to a formula hub and it's, lets put it nicely, f**ked. what should i get as a replacement, i need a fairly cheep rim but its got to be tougher than the ditch witch and quite light. i was thinking rhyno light xl?
if you like run rims get an s-type

Posted: Aug 15, 2008 at 11:08 Quote
personally i wouldnt buy them i have one on my hardtail and its fecked dont get it unless you can get it for like $5

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 20:37 Quote
if you're hungry for some tacos, yes haha

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 1:30 Quote
i have ditch wich rims on my black diamond and they r buckled but no screwed dont buy them anyway get a set of mavics or sun s-type

Posted: Aug 4, 2010 at 14:42 Quote
joshhh wrote:
no. they're stock rims, stock rims are never good.

Have to agree!!! I just bent it yesterday in a drop. They couldn´t stand out. Don't buy them.

Posted: Aug 4, 2010 at 15:10 Quote
noved wrote:
ChargeBlendersAreFit wrote:
if you like run rims get an s-type
You were complaining about the Ditch Witchs being heavy, and you suggested an S-Type? Razz But I do agree, the MTX line up is great. Wasn't the S-Type only available on prebuilt wheel sets? However they aren't light at all.

I suggest you get one of the smaller sized current MTXs, they are decently tough, and very laterally rigid because of they're deep section. They also minimize pinch flats. Get welded though. They come in 29, 31, 33, and 39mm width, so you can choose the right balance of weight to strength for you.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012430
Mobile Version of Website