The "Stop Smoking" Thread

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The "Stop Smoking" Thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 3:34 Quote
Ok post your advice to quit here.

It doesnt matter if youve done it or not, even post what you think might work

Heres what i think should work, Im not sure tho....

Just STOP, I mean sure people are addicted to them, but the strength of the human mind is more of that than an addiction. Just hold yourself back. See its mostly will power. But im not sure. Anyone else?

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 4:20 Quote
metallica909 wrote:

Just STOP, I mean sure people are addicted to them, but the strength of the human mind is more of that than an addiction. Just hold yourself back. See its mostly will power. But im not sure. Anyone else?

Where the hell is all this smoking stuff coming from?

And "Just stop". It's not exactly going to make smokers think is it. The problem for most smokers is that they're around others who smoke, so they validate each other.

I smoked for over 10 years and gave up this febuary. It'll be a whole year soon and I've never felt fitter, but what I do know is a smoker will give up when, and only when, they damn well decide to. And most of them are happy to do it, so why stress them? Are you going to lecture someone riding at a 20 foot drop because they could break their back and loose the ability to walk? I know there's a difference as with riding aquired skill plays a big factor and with smoking it's largely luck. But the fact remains that people are free to make their own choices.

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 8:37 Quote
metallica909 wrote:

That tells me instantly that you have NEVER been even slightly addicted to anything

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 10:47 Quote
^^
He's right, I've only been smoking for a little over a year, its not something you can just stop right then and there, sure some people do that, but when you hang around tons of people that smoke, have somewhat scheduled breaks in between classes with the same people, its a routine. One which I don't mind that much, I know its bad for you, so does everyone else that does it, it won't always stop them.

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 11:08 Quote
Can we please stop talking about smoking? It`s twelve months since I gave up and I STILL crave a cigarrette. Madder
It`s never gonna be easy but it`s worth it. If you`re thinking about giving up, stop hesitating and do it. Best of luck.

O+
Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 11:11 Quote
Smoking is not only a mental addiction but a physical one as well. Your hands and arms get used to the motion of smoking a cigarette and your mouth gets used to it too. What my grandpa did was that everytime he wanted a cigarette, he would suck on a tootsie roll pop. It sort of mimics the motion of smoking a cigarette and also takes your mind off of wanting nicotine. Ive heard of ppl chewing sunflower seeds or what not too..Just replace a cigarette with something else, give it a shot

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 13:33 Quote
Just don't start in the first place?

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 15:11 Quote
dudes c'mon metallica is right. If you put your mind to it and concentrate, you can do alot of things, like quitting smoking or studying or w/e

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 16:46 Quote
One of my pet peeves is people that try and force their opinions down other peoples throats. Seriously, it's their decision to smoke or not, so don't try and tell them they should or shouldn't do it. If you choose not to, that's fine, but don't think you're better than someone or have to call down on them or point out their habits just because you don't do something.

-JayC.

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 23:46 Quote
captain-jack wrote:
metallica909 wrote:

That tells me instantly that you have NEVER been even slightly addicted to anything
no shit eh, when your addict you have no human mind telling you other wise, its sittin right there being an a*shole saying shit like man just one more smoke c'mon you can quit later, c'mon give me a smoke, quitting for pussy it takes a man to face cancer, then you do stuff like stick your head with a q-tip

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 0:13 Quote
c*nto wrote:
metallica909 wrote:

Where the hell is all this smoking stuff coming from?

And "Just stop". It's not exactly going to make smokers think is it. The problem for most smokers is that they're around others who smoke, so they validate each other.

I smoked for over 10 years and gave up this febuary. It'll be a whole year soon and I've never felt fitter, but what I do know is a smoker will give up when, and only when, they damn well decide to. And most of them are happy to do it, so why stress them? Are you going to lecture someone riding at a 20 foot drop because they could break their back and loose the ability to walk? I know there's a difference as with riding aquired skill plays a big factor and with smoking it's largely luck. But the fact remains that people are free to make their own choices.

couldnt have said it better myself c*nto tup

i thought this thread might be bikers/ smokers who were trying to support each other in making a healthy choice, not to rag on them Razz

personally i gave up cigarettes completely a while ago but fiddled around with them off and on, only to finally say forgettt it Whip .. i feel better every day i don't smoke, but don't walk around pointing fingers!

Naturaly people cannot collectively agree on ANYTHING in this world, unfortunately even i had to get involved pointing the finger at the finger pointer..er Very confused

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 20:17 Quote
Anything that keeps the population of the world down- I'm all for. There are WAY too many human-beings on this God-forsaken rock.

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 20:49 Quote
I guess I will state this again, why do people constantly strive on unhealthy, adicting habits? Would you not just rather have a healthy body and live a better life?

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 21:00 Quote
^^
Lol. Just because we smoke doesn't make us bad people.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010233
Mobile Version of Website