The "Stop Smoking" Thread

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The "Stop Smoking" Thread
Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 0:30 Quote
Cavaties wrote:
C-42 wrote:
I'm tryin to quit right now, and its damn hard! Its been 3 days and things don't seem to be gettin any better. I'm findin a shot of vodka when the cravings set in helps calm the nerves, probably not great to replace one demon with another, but what ever works eh hahaha
wait so you havent smoked for 3 days?

ya, i know its not very long, but i'm pretty damn addicted, get pissed off after not having a smoke in 2 hours

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 0:38 Quote
C-42 wrote:
Cavaties wrote:
C-42 wrote:
I'm tryin to quit right now, and its damn hard! Its been 3 days and things don't seem to be gettin any better. I'm findin a shot of vodka when the cravings set in helps calm the nerves, probably not great to replace one demon with another, but what ever works eh hahaha

ya, i know its not very long, but i'm pretty damn addicted, get pissed off after not having a smoke in 2 hours
you shouldnt be addicted anymore because, you stopped putting in the drug and it takes 3 days to get everything out from your last puff. its the habit that makes you want more

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 0:46 Quote
Cavaties wrote:
C-42 wrote:
Cavaties wrote:

you shouldnt be addicted anymore because, you stopped putting in the drug and it takes 3 days to get everything out from your last puff. its the habit that makes you want more

fair enough, but the habit is still damn hard to shake

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 0:51 Quote
C-42 wrote:
Cavaties wrote:
C-42 wrote:

fair enough, but the habit is still damn hard to shake
have a long hard look at a cigarette and say, "do i really want this?" see if that helps

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 7:26 Quote
The filters don't really exist. It's like this long piece of card shit that you squeeze once horizontally then veticslly ahead a bit then horo again so the tobacco doesn't get in your mouth.
I'm pretty sure I have cancer from them hahahha

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 6:31 Quote
I've followed this thread from the start. The whole time I've been looking for advice, a reason to stop, an easier way to stop or just something to give me some reassurance that it's a good idea to stop doing it. And I only just realised......

I smoke because I'm stressed out and for what. I don't get paid enough, I don't have that many responsibilities, I look out for No.1 and, honestly, nothing in my life should stress me out so much that I need a break for 5 minutes.

So, I'm on board. Cold turkey from 7am tomorrow (which is already today here in New Zealand!). I'm ordering new parts on wednesday, the summers coming and I don't want to smoke. FACT.

It's a simple plan really: I'm just going to stay cool, keep a level head and not care too much.

Yes I'm serious. Yes I have said this before, but it's only a mental block thats stopped me previously and now I've found a way around that. Wish me luck.

Happy trails!

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 9:51 Quote
freeridetom wrote:
I've followed this thread from the start. The whole time I've been looking for advice, a reason to stop, an easier way to stop or just something to give me some reassurance that it's a good idea to stop doing it. And I only just realised......

I smoke because I'm stressed out and for what. I don't get paid enough, I don't have that many responsibilities, I look out for No.1 and, honestly, nothing in my life should stress me out so much that I need a break for 5 minutes.

So, I'm on board. Cold turkey from 7am tomorrow (which is already today here in New Zealand!). I'm ordering new parts on wednesday, the summers coming and I don't want to smoke. FACT.

It's a simple plan really: I'm just going to stay cool, keep a level head and not care too much.

Yes I'm serious. Yes I have said this before, but it's only a mental block thats stopped me previously and now I've found a way around that. Wish me luck.

Happy trails!

Good luck dude, I'll be in the same boat very soon so. Best of wishes.

Posted: Nov 15, 2009 at 3:43 Quote
Quitting cigarettes is so damn hard. To the people saying "don't start in the first place?", sure that would be the best. Keep in mind tho that many smokers start at a very young age and do it to be cool in front of their older buddies. I started smoking when I was nine years old. Now of course that is a stupid thing to do, but 9 year olds are usually not the best at making rational decisions. Nicotine is a very strong addictive drug. I've tried quitting at least ten times in the last 9 years and I could never even stop for 3 days even tho I've tried basically everything there is.

Posted: Nov 15, 2009 at 15:10 Quote
I don't smoke cigarettes. I smoke cigars and pipes, but i'm not too concerned about that cause I don't inhale any of the smoke. It's just there for taste and relaxation. But I've been hooked on dip(chewing tobacco) for about a year and a half now. I've quit a bunch of times here and there, but with my recent move across the country, I sorta started again just to take the edge off some of the stress. I've said it before and i'll say it again. I plan on quitting after this last tin I just bought. Easy to say now, when it comes down to the last pinch, i'm f*cked. But I can do it.

I have never been hooked on cigarettes. I used to smoke them here and there when I was drinking or after a rush at work(I'm a cook unfortunately). So the only advice I would give anyone who's hooked on smokes is to think about switching over to dip for a bit. Really stupid advice, but theres been research that says dip can be 90% better for you than cigarettes. It's has about 24x the amount of nicotine per gram than cigarette tobacco so it'll definately take care of cravings. And personally I think quitting dip is easier than quitting cigarettes. Not the best solution, but if quitting nicotine completely is too difficult, then switch to a safer means. And when your ready, quit that too.

I dunno, just an idea.

Posted: Apr 12, 2010 at 16:46 Quote
^^ that. I could see chew being easier to quit.

Posted: Apr 12, 2010 at 21:41 Quote
redneckbmx wrote:

I change my mind. All the nicotine might make it more difficult, plus you can do it inside comfortably.

Posted: Apr 14, 2010 at 22:07 Quote
six-feet-under wrote:
redneckbmx wrote:

I change my mind. All the nicotine might make it more difficult, plus you can do it inside comfortably.

Smoking inside is the best thing ever. I remember at this club in Ukraine... Come in, light a smoke, pay, walk to the bar, "Dayite meni pivo budlaska (beer)," grab a table, sit down.
...watch the ladies dance... get some sexy looks from them, haha.

...But I know why I'm not allowed. Canada's different and I know that I hated smoking inside when I didn't smoke so.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.037043
Mobile Version of Website