Longer travel fork on Remedy

PB Forum :: Trek
Longer travel fork on Remedy
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: May 27, 2015 at 11:21 Quote
This may have been discussed but all I can really find is info on older 26" wheel Remedys. I'm considering putting a nicer fork on my 2014 Remedy 8 27.5. Looking at the new DVO Diamond. You can set the travel at 140, 150, and 160mm. I would like to add a little more travel but am concerned with the ride of the bike. I know that I don't want to just throw the fork on the bike with 160mm of travel and not adjust anything else. The options I'm looking at are 1: Keep the adjustment on the Mino link at the low setting and set the fork at 150mm of travel. Or option 2: adjust the Mino link to the high setting and set the fork to 160mm of travel. Option 1 slackens the head angle by about .5 degrees, option 2 about .25 degrees. Wheel base, Effective TT length, and BB height all change slightly but i'm not too concerned with that. My concern is will the difference in travel between the front and back negatively effecting the way the bike rides? Should I just set the fork at 140mm of travel and be happy that I have a nicer fork?

Posted: Jun 1, 2015 at 9:26 Quote
I think if you kept travel at 140mm you would be pretty set. I would keep the mino link in the low setting as well.

10mm isn't a huge jump to 150 so you could get away with it, but jumping 20mm to 160 will have a pretty noticeable affect of bike handling, plus its about quality over quantity.

The DVO (when adjusted properly) will be a huge upgrade over the stock fork, and when you get it dialed in, you will be surprised how much more capable the remedy will feel with the same amount of travel.

Also running a 160 might upset how the bike handles because you would be raising the BB a bit. Since both the Fox Float that you currently have and the DVO have about the same axle the crown length, I would try to stick close to 140mm of travel.

Posted: Jul 19, 2015 at 18:51 Quote
Hey mate! Have you changed your fork over yet?? I have a remedy 9 27.5 and am also considering changing over the fork!
I'm looking at either a rockshox pike, or the DVO diamond like you.

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2015 at 20:15 Quote
i have a remedy 8 2014 with a 160 DVO diamond. the bike rides great and feels alot more capable on the dh.

Posted: Sep 13, 2015 at 18:41 Quote
I run a 36 talas at 130 for the more xc stuff and 160 for the big stuff. Can't really go wrong. Makes a versitle bike.

O+
Posted: Dec 23, 2015 at 20:22 Quote
I put a 160mm in the front and its miles better on the DH stuff but you will suffer a bit while climbing. A small improvement when running the mino link in the high setting as it brings the head angle steeper a touch which does make it wander less while climbing.

Posted: May 10, 2016 at 19:05 Quote
I reacently swapped the 140 revelation for a 160 pike.
Bike feels amazing it can now tackle the big hits. And I don't feel a difference in climbing worth talking about.
It's a serious upgrade worth doing.

Posted: Jul 25, 2016 at 8:45 Quote
I ride my 9 with a 150mm pike- briefly had a 170mm x fusion vengeance on it, and whilst I preferred the fork to the pike, the front end was just too high with 170mm on. It still doesnt feel particularly quick steering, especially combined with the bigger wheels. I'd personally stick to 150mm max

Posted: Sep 26, 2016 at 9:56 Quote
160 pikes on mine. Made a hell of a difference for the better. Mino link in low too. 70mm stem on size large for me. Front doesn't wander and steering still nice and quick without being twitchy. Had to drop to a 20mm riser bar no spacers under stem as front end comes up a bit with the longer travel in fork. Do it!!

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2016 at 8:48 Quote
Get an MRP stage instead and you can run it at 160 but will ride like a pike at 150 due to it's crown to axle measurement.

Posted: Oct 31, 2016 at 13:04 Quote
I have a remedy 9 2015. I upgraded to a marzocchi ncr 160 and with in a month dropped the travel down to 150 which I think is its sweet spot. Found at 160 that front end would wander on the climbs and front end kept wanting to come up when climbing. I find 150 slackens the headtube about 1 degree which is noticeable. Definitely an upgrade to up the travel to 150mm if your DH orientated! Fitted a rockshox monarch plus rc3 on the rear, fits with no clearance issues. Just buy slash bolt and offset bushings to bring the e2e back down to 197mm. Highly recommend replacing rear stock to one. Found drcv great but it was either perfect but with no small bump compliance or great small bump compliance and bottomed out. Even after having the shock push tuned several times the didn't come close to monarch

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 6:40 Quote
hi, I changed the air shaft in my 140 Pikes for a 160mm air shaft, it's a cheaper way to get more travel, I also prefer the 160mm Pike on my Remedy.

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 17:38 Quote
Have you looked at upgrading the internals on the fox fork? Fox released 2 retro fit kits for older forks bringing them up to spec of the 2016 model 34's. I recently put the fit 4 damper in my 2015 34's on my remedy 8. Has made a huge difference in tunability, feel and responsiveness. Next upgrade is to put the Na2 airspring upgrade in which can also be set up at 150 and 160mm options. Wack a new set of decals on there and it would be like looking at a new fork.
I'm pretty keen to take mine up to 150 just to see what effect on handling it would have, perhaps making it equally as slack as the new remedy model.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014181
Mobile Version of Website