HELP 30mm direct mount stem

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
HELP 30mm direct mount stem
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 28, 2015 at 9:32 Quote
Hey guys, sup?

Hope someone can help me on this.

I am currently using a 50mm truvativ holzfeller direct mount stem. I want my cockpit to be shorter cause my bike is a bit large for me, so I' decided to buy a 30mm raceface atlas direct mount stem (actually it can work for 50mm and for 30mm).
Cockpit

Here is the thing, the steering tube on my boxxer is long, way longer than my upper crown plate and I don't want to cut it short (who knows, I might change my frame eventually).

The question is, will the steering tube interfere with the bike handlebars if I use the stem in the 30mm position? There is no way I can test if it will work for myself since its not possible to find this kind of components in my country. (Buying it online).

Really appreciate any help.

Cheers,

Posted: May 28, 2015 at 10:24 Quote
With the 30 mm stem, you got 10 mm to install a steerer spacer under the bar, no more.
So there is room for one spacer in your case.
If you want to cut the steerer the minimum, you should install a tall upper crown. The tall crown is 20 mm higher than the standard, so your steerer can be 20 mm longer.

Posted: May 28, 2015 at 15:53 Quote
johnnyrider wrote:
With the 30 mm stem, you got 10 mm to install a steerer spacer under the bar, no more.
So there is room for one spacer in your case.
If you want to cut the steerer the minimum, you should install a tall upper crown. The tall crown is 20 mm higher than the standard, so your steerer can be 20 mm longer.

Really appreciate it man, thanks a lot.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006461
Mobile Version of Website