mtb design software

PB Forum :: Downhill
mtb design software
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 11:20 Quote
Hi everyone.
does anyone know were i can get something similar to bikecad fs from bike forest.
but one that i could design the frame as well and get the result of how the suspension work
let me know
thanks
Dr Z

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 11:31 Quote
There alot of programs out there but one that I have used is inventor/solid works with cosmos works plugin. It is very expensive and not easily downloadable. Anyone else know of some cheaper/easier to find

Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 11:34 Quote
doctorz wrote:
Hi everyone.
does anyone know were i can get something similar to bikecad fs from bike forest.
but one that i could design the frame as well and get the result of how the suspension work
let me know
thanks
Dr Z
To be honest, the easiest way I'd think of doing it would be a scale drawing on paper of the front triangle, then cardboard scale cut outs of the linkages, with a siding cut out of the shock (scaled down, at full extension to full compression), with pins holding each pivot point in place. As long as the pivots are in the right place, and you know how long you want the back end to be to make sure the axle is in the right place, you can map the axle path, and calculate how much travel you're getting out of it.
Once you've got the suspension design sorted, you can then tweak the rest of the details, like top tube length, BB height, seat tube angle, head tube angle etc to get your final idea.

After having the complete design, you can then use programs like solidworks to do the whole FEA thing

Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 11:40 Quote
i check on bikechecker, im waiting to hear from them now so keep them coming if you have better informations than we do.
thanks
DR Z

Posted: Aug 19, 2011 at 16:04 Quote
Yeah if anyone knows some frame designing software that would be good, something that gives a 3D image.

Posted: Aug 19, 2011 at 21:32 Quote
design in solid works, program called linkage for analyses of suspension, it has various suspension platforms you can compare to

Posted: Aug 20, 2011 at 2:13 Quote
mrmizzle5 wrote:
design in solid works, program called linkage for analyses of suspension, it has various suspension platforms you can compare to

Yeah had a look at solid works, looks pretty serious!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010548
Mobile Version of Website