Fox Float X2 or DHX2 Coil for Super Clyde enduro bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Fox Float X2 or DHX2 Coil for Super Clyde enduro bike
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 12, 2015 at 0:21 Quote
I am presently 6 4, 290 lbs.

I am contemplating which 2016 Fox shock to buy, the Float X2 or the DHX2 Coil.

I am thinking coil for my weight.

Anyone who is a clyde or super clyde have a suggestion, and if so, why?

2016 Float X2 and DHX2. Looks like this is my only choice or pay 3 grand for a custom coil for a PUSH elevensix....

Posted: Jun 25, 2015 at 6:50 Quote
Subscribed. I would be interested in this topic as I have a similar ride ready weight.

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 25, 2015 at 9:57 Quote
Also subscribed. I'm pretty much the exact same size as you and have been looking at upgrading from an older DHX-Air 5.0.

Posted: Jul 22, 2015 at 5:07 Quote
Def go w coil. You can call and talk to a few tuners and they will tell you that service intervals will be twice as frequent with an air shock at your weight. There's just too much pressure happening.

Posted: Dec 24, 2015 at 6:28 Quote
Got my dhx2 and at first I wasnt impressed, however that was because it was blown. After having it serviced, its incredible. Best shock dampening on the market. So which ever you pick, the dampening in amazing.

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2016 at 9:23 Quote
Which bike did you have this on.

Posted: Dec 5, 2016 at 23:31 Quote
bogdan75 wrote:
Which bike did you have this on.
Had it on a glory, sold that for my Specialized demo and bought an Ohlins for it. X2s are good but personally Ohlins shits all over the DHX2. The dampening, heat control, noise, consistency is all way above Fox's technology at the moment in my opinion. So if you have a Fox X2, it was good, but for almost the same price, Ohlins is fkn amazing.

Posted: Dec 6, 2016 at 1:37 Quote
The Float X2 has been downrated to 250psi, so I'd say it's not an option as the suggested pressure = your weight in lbs (including gear) unless I'm mistaken.

Posted: Dec 6, 2016 at 9:19 Quote
Coil.I weight 100kg and for me no matter how many tokens/rubbers/spaces i added it was never as good as Coil shock.Tested a bit on my strive from Monarch to Vivid Coil and it's great.I will replace myMonarch soon for Coil shock.

Only downside i see in coil shock is that when you want to change PSI for some other stuff like i dunno terrain you ride or you have more/less gear and you want to change your psi you can just add or remove some air.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011887
Mobile Version of Website