bike feels not right

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 22, 2015 at 1:18 Quote
alright so, a month or 2 ago i got a new trail bike.
It is a trek fuel ex8 27.5. looks like this

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/43nnFaXkEvQ/maxresdefault.jpg
But prior to this and still i ride a dirt jump bike and it is my primary bike. but when i go trail riding it just feels wrong. it feels like the bike is in control of me. any pointers on how to make it feel a bit more like a dj bike and feel more able to move around would be very very helpful. it is all stock components but im thinking, shorter stem, wider bars, cut the seat post so it goes lower, any other ideas?
my dj bike looks like this if it helps
photo

Posted: Jun 22, 2015 at 9:20 Quote
Definitely swap out those pedals before anything else, your life is in danger riding nylon pedals since they are really just made for the parking lot demo. A dropper post will help on descents since you're used to having a low seat. Other than that, just work on fitting the bike to make it more comfortable for you, it may take a bit of trial and error but is worth it once you get everything dialed.

Posted: Jun 22, 2015 at 14:13 Quote
i have saint pedals on both bikes, that was just the best photo i could find on the web, and ive been considering a dropper but i just gotta start saving.

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 22, 2015 at 21:37 Quote
Dropper posts are awesome. Try firming up the rear sus a little bit, and then just spend more time on the bike.

Posted: Jun 22, 2015 at 21:55 Quote
Have you tuned the pressure and rebound on the fork and shock yet? My bike didn't feel right until I dialed in my suspension.

Also couldn't imagine riding without my dropper, I'm not much for riding perched up on the seat, doesn't feel right.

Posted: Jun 23, 2015 at 3:03 Quote
i tuned the suspension a bit (slower rebound and more pressure) and that feels alot better now rather than bouncing down the trail with fast rebound. i also lowered the bars one spacer and found an old seat post the was a bit shorter so i can drop the seat out of the way but its long enough so i can have it up for the climbs.

Posted: Jun 23, 2015 at 3:13 Quote
Ah, well your first mistake is that you didn't buy a 29"...

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 at 11:03 Quote
DarrellW wrote:
Ah, well your first mistake is that you didn't buy a 29"...

lol that wasn't a mistake

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 at 15:30 Quote
Get a short stem and a taller set of bars.

Tune the suspension stiff and quick rebound.... I personally like how the bike feels with the suspension constantly going back to full extension quickly.

Maybe a stiffer set of rims?

The fuel isnt going to ride like your DJ bike and I highly doubt you will ever get the nimble feeling of the DJ with the fuel. The glorious fun thing with full suspension if plowing over shit at full speed and man handling the bike at the same time. Shifting your weight on the fuel is going to be a lot more exaggerated than on the DJ...

Posted: Jul 7, 2015 at 22:37 Quote
Im pretty sure no matter what you do, that bike is not going to feel like a DJ, because its not.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012117
Mobile Version of Website