2009 Manitou Dorado's

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
2009 Manitou Dorado's
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 17:55 Quote
Well I made this thread because ive heard a lot about the 09 Dorado's and people saying there going to be the best fork ever. I just wanted to know what is the difference.
Whats the deal?

Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 17:57 Quote
dmandare wrote:
Well I made this thread because ive heard a lot about the 09 Dorado's and people saying there going to be the best fork ever. I just wanted to know what is the difference.
Whats the deal?
No more SPV?

Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 17:58 Quote
I don't think you're going to get much as there not out yet and I dont think many people have seen the prototype up close or rode it.
Strictly by looks, it looks quite nice but that has no relevance to how it will ride.

Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 17:58 Quote
Wes-Barber wrote:
I don't think you're going to get much as there not out yet and I dont think many people have seen the prototype up close or rode it.
Strictly by looks, it looks quite nice but that has no relevance to how it will ride.

ya cuz of herd people saying that there going to be the best fork ever

Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 18:00 Quote
dmandare wrote:
Wes-Barber wrote:

2009 is supposed to be a big break-out year for Manitou.

Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 18:03 Quote
kicksnlicks wrote:
dmandare wrote:
Wes-Barber wrote:

2009 is supposed to be a big break-out year for Manitou.

ya thats what ive hear 2, i guess there workin pretty HHARD!

O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 18:10 Quote
Well it is my understanding that Answer Products (Manitou)was acquired by Hayes Bicycle Group. I think that it will help them turn things around dramatically. More money for r&d as well as more/better? engineers.

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 17:25 Quote
minerva554 wrote:
Well it is my understanding that Answer Products (Manitou)was acquired by Hayes Bicycle Group. I think that it will help them turn things around dramatically. More money for r&d as well as more/better? engineers.

is that all the reasons?

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 17:29 Quote
I Saw the 2009 Dorado at Interbike, and it is effin HOT!
Completely carbon, new decal design.
Appearently manipoo is in development of air assisted TPC+ to put in it.
which would make for a effin LIGHT fork
OH BOY!

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 17:30 Quote
i've heard people saying there good but no one has had a reason why. if they are like previous manitou products, they will be sorta hit or miss. manitou has always had great ideas but semi-poor execution. because of that, i would try one but would want to test one for at least a month before buying it.

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 17:30 Quote
dmandare wrote:
minerva554 wrote:

is that all the reasons?

It's one of the main ones. Another reason why the dorado is being praised already is because it was a very good race/ extreme freeride fork in the past years and the only main issue with it was maintinance. It was removed from the production line after 2005(i think, around there though). Many are waiting in anticipation for the dorado becasue they loved the previous ones, and due to the new ownership, things can only get better.

~Mark

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 17:32 Quote
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
i've heard people saying there good but no one has had a reason why. if they are like previous manitou products, they will be sorta hit or miss. manitou has always had great ideas but semi-poor execution. because of that, i would try one but would want to test one for at least a month before buying it.

I have to argue that.
They just didnt develop TPC+ soon enough Smile
SPV is bunk shit.

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 17:33 Quote
spoiledgoods wrote:
I Saw the 2009 Dorado at Interbike, and it is effin HOT!
Completely carbon, new decal design.
Appearently manipoo is in development of air assisted TPC+ to put in it.
which would make for a effin LIGHT fork
OH BOY!

wow sounds awesome!

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 17:33 Quote
As everyone has said Hayes bought Manitou. They basically stopped development for this year to re-tool. They are moving back to CA, and using this year to develop their fork lines. MRD will also be back, and thankfully SPV won't. The new Dorado seems to be a development on the old WC winning fork. Like current forks it'll have 8 inches of travel, be air sprung and weigh between the 888 ATA, and Boxxer WC at 6.4 pounds. It has 36 mm stanchions with carbon uppers and comes with a integrated stem. The benefit of the inverted fork is to reduce unsprung weight, therefore improving handling. The old fork was dominant on the WC circuit with the best riders, we'll see if it helps bring Manitou back to the fore front or at least along side the big 3.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010887
Mobile Version of Website