2009 Manitou Dorado's

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
2009 Manitou Dorado's
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 13:25 Quote
I find find you both...

kakah, I'll take it off your hands so you don't have to look at it.

Is it a PB test or is it one of the give aways?

Mod Plus
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 13:27 Quote
odin333 wrote:
kakah wrote:
odin333 wrote:
am i the only one who finds the Dorodo ugly as hell?

Yeah, I think so.

ah, good to know.

I mean though, compared to the new Boxxer, which is gorgeous, and the new white Fox 40 the Dorodo looks like it got its sticker job by some guy stuck in the 80's.

It is a lot more 'in your face' graphics wise I will agree. It has a bit of the moto look going for it, and I'm not talking about it being inverted. It sure stands out.

Mod Plus
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 13:30 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
I find find you both...

kakah, I'll take it off your hands so you don't have to look at it.

Is it a PB test or is it one of the give aways?

We not be "sharing the ride" whatsoever Smile , its a test.

I enjoy your avatar, memories!

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 13:32 Quote
Oh well, worth a shot. Talespin is the sh*t (for lack of something cleaner to say).

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 13:36 Quote
hey i was wondering if there was an advantage to having an inverted fork?

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 13:37 Quote
kakah wrote:
odin333 wrote:
kakah wrote:

Yeah, I think so.

ah, good to know.

I mean though, compared to the new Boxxer, which is gorgeous, and the new white Fox 40 the Dorodo looks like it got its sticker job by some guy stuck in the 80's.

It is a lot more 'in your face' graphics wise I will agree. It has a bit of the moto look going for it, and I'm not talking about it being inverted. It sure stands out.

to be fair i would de sticker it any way, maybe get some custom gold dorado stickers made proper bling a fork like that up lol

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 13:37 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
Oh well, worth a shot. Talespin is the sh*t (for lack of something cleaner to say).

so your set with the 2010 boxxer wc? man if i were you i would have that new dorado on your wilson. it would be brilliant.

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 13:40 Quote
mbjz wrote:
hey i was wondering if there was an advantage to having an inverted fork?

less unsprung weight. it really doesn't matter for mountain bikes though, because forks are now hovering around 6-7 pounds. still makes a difference though but not as much as Motocross when you have 15-20+, forks it makes it stiffer and perform better.

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 13:40 Quote
Is it bad that I want both? and to switch them out when I please? Boxxer should be a go. No date but orders in.

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 13:42 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
Is it bad that I want both? and to switch them out when I please? Boxxer should be a go. No date but orders in.

no its quite normal. i want a boxxer and a 36 right now for the same bike! haha. but idk. that dorado is soo sexy. im dieing to try one.

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 13:44 Quote
You and me both. The numbers are tempting, if only a little lighter.

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 13:46 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:

just get a travis.

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 13:49 Quote
Already set, though the Dorados are 6.4 pounds. Pretty sure the Travis is heavier. I like adjustments to last longer than a week too.

Mod Plus
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 13:50 Quote
odin333 wrote:
mr-wilson wrote:

just get a travis.

7" TPC+ Travis w/ Ti spring.... Still the easiest riding fork I've ever ridden. Better than anything currently out there. Although I still don't have the Dorado bolted up to me test bike so who knows...

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 14:43 Quote
In summer 2005 Answer/Manitou's Urs Odermatt modified a set of Dorado MRD works converting them from coil to air. So this fork has been in development for 3 & 1/2 years already and what may suprise people is that the Air sprung Dorado project was dropped in 2006 as they could not get performance they were seeking, the main problem was too many seals causing more friction and they couldn't get the negetive air chamber rate's right. With this in mind and the performance of the Travis the project was on hold for a while. And it's TPC based, the first versions had 205mm travel and weighed aprox 6.8lbs.

I think the way forward is with the new Boxxer Team, Independant Hi/low speed Rebound is a must as people are noticing with the Vivid or the CCDB.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024395
Mobile Version of Website