Whip bad for bikes?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Whip bad for bikes?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 26, 2015 at 5:10 Quote
Hi guys I'm new here, but I never found a thread like this around, so I guess I would start one.

Is whipping your bike a bad thing? I meant, I do whip a lot, and landed mostly on flat, no transition because the track available around with big jumps don't have a transition landing (the builder does make some but it was way too short while I landed farther). And also I played a lot of urban too.

Today I started to feel that my bike is heavy, I meant, it can't go fast as other bike. Seems like the rear wheel is a little bit not aligned with the body, I've change hub and no different, is it possible that it is the chainstay that is bent? Is it because I do too much whip? Or is it because I do whip on flat landing?

Posted: Jul 10, 2015 at 16:13 Quote
Time to whip the other way my friend

Posted: Jul 15, 2015 at 1:34 Quote
riding out is bad for bikes. best is you keep it sitting in the living room resting on both its well inflated tyres.

if you land sideways, you will put some torsional stress to the wheels and rear triangle.

Posted: Jul 18, 2015 at 17:36 Quote
chyu wrote:
riding out is bad for bikes. best is you keep it sitting in the living room resting on both its well inflated tyres.

if you land sideways, you will put some torsional stress to the wheels and rear triangle.

Good point! I like to put mine on hangers in the living room after a new build to just show off how awesome I am. Then I tell people how I used to whip so hard.

Posted: Jul 30, 2015 at 22:23 Quote
You win pinkbike forums.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011686
Mobile Version of Website