Jet 9 carbon review

PB Forum :: Niner Bikes
Jet 9 carbon review
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 26, 2015 at 5:55 Quote
Let me start by saying I love the way this bike rides. However my experience has not been very positive.it started Christmas 2013, my wife surprised me with this machine, Santa was so nice that year. Old man winter was not however, I didn't really get the bike out to the trails until late March. It was on my first ride I notice the rear swing arm was misaligned. Initially I thought it was merely a loose quick release and slipped rear wheel. I took it back to my LBS and showed him the problem. It took some thorough investigating and convincing of the issue to get a resolution. It seemed like such an unlikely problem. A week or so passed. Once on board with my observation, my LBS advocated to Niner. It was a repeat of what just took place, just at another level. Another week or so passed. Niner agreed that the swingarm was not straight and sent a new one. Three weeks later, the swingarm is replaced and I am happily riding my new bike. Three rides in and my rear shock seal begins leaking. The bike is back to the shop for another warranty claim. Two weeks later, I am riding again. Happy but frustrated that for almost the entire spring my new "dream" bike was not working. Fortunately, I had many awesome rides on it last summer and fall before retiring the bike and exchanging it for the hockey gear. This spring I get about six rides in, riding with our local club and riding some intermediate level single track managed to crack the frame just above the front dérailleur. At the time I thought I ran over a stick that snapped, and continued the ride. It wasn't until I washed the bike that I noticed the crack. I took the bike back to my LBS and we proceeded with another warranty claim. Niner has been good acknowledging the claim but are offering the new jet 9 carbon + alloy mix and my size is out of stock. So here I am, big investment, second summer in a row and no mountain bike to ride.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017532
Mobile Version of Website