best bars stem grip combo for weak handed women

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
best bars stem grip combo for weak handed women
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 28, 2015 at 10:42 Quote
As the title says... My wife is having a hard time with her stock set up on her intrigue. We were at snow summit riding all day yesterday and the main problem we had was her hands hurting and fatiguing. Today they are swollen. What can I do to help her with this? New grips and carbon bars?

O+
Posted: Jun 28, 2015 at 13:57 Quote
I found a wider bar to help with hand fatigue. Also some nice soft grips, I use oury ones but if she only got small hands they maybe a little chunky
Also holding to tight will make them hurt more.
I always find the first day on big mountains my hands hurt but they do get used to it. Not much help now but don't go crazy on your first day on holiday if riding rough terrain

O+
Posted: Jun 28, 2015 at 18:46 Quote
Tell her to relax her grip and buy the largest rotors you can. Make sure brake levers are positioned inward on the bars so her index finger is on the very end of the lever. You may have to put levers inside of shifter depending on her setup.

Don't waste your money on carbon bars, start with the basics. Small diameter or low profile grips can make a difference as well.

O+
Posted: Jun 28, 2015 at 20:04 Quote
sitkadog wrote:
Tell her to relax her grip and buy the largest rotors you can. Make sure brake levers are positioned inward on the bars so her index finger is on the very end of the lever. You may have to put levers inside of shifter depending on her setup.

Don't waste your money on carbon bars, start with the basics. Small diameter or low profile grips can make a difference as well.

Carbon bars made a huge difference in hand fatigue for me. I ride Sunpeaks Bikepark a lot, and it's not known for having smooth, buff trails. The carbon was a big improvement. Comfy, proper sized grips are important, as well as proper placement of the brake levers. If the angle is off a bit, it will lead to a lot of wasted energy and strain.
I also found that speeding up my rebound a little quicker than I usually ran it helped too.

Posted: Jun 30, 2015 at 8:18 Quote
Thanks for the input. I'm going to swap her out to some softer grips for sure and see what I can do about where here brake lever is postioned

O+
Posted: Jun 30, 2015 at 8:51 Quote
Try some esi chunky ggrips.they come in three different diameters and are nice and cushy

Posted: Jun 30, 2015 at 15:39 Quote
harperrider wrote:
sitkadog wrote:

Carbon bars made a huge difference in hand fatigue for me. I ride Sunpeaks Bikepark a lot, and it's not known for having smooth, buff trails. The carbon was a big improvement. Comfy, proper sized grips are important, as well as proper placement of the brake levers. If the angle is off a bit, it will lead to a lot of wasted energy and strain.
I also found that speeding up my rebound a little quicker than I usually ran it helped too.
yeah, fork setup can be a big factor.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012102
Mobile Version of Website